NameSilo

Website Copied By PLanet-Nick

Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hello everyone. Thankyou for taking the time to read this.

I have recently design and published on the internet my company website / portfolio.

www.inversedesigns.cjb.net

After posting on these forums i found myself talking to a few people requesting designs etc. This one particular member, planet-nick, was giving away free web designs to build his portfolio. I decided to see if he would like to buy any of my designs so i showed him my website. He turned down my offer and there were no hard feelings, infact i even told him if he needed a design in the future that i would gladly sell him one.

Just recently, i was curious to see how his website was going. I looked at it and this is what i found.

www.planet-nick.com

He may take it off the web so here is a screen shot:
Planet-Nick.com

My design, his logos (the design is slightly different as i updated my site yesterday, but he still took my site and used it as his own).

I have requested he take it down and when he said he would do it in 5 mins he went ofline. Still not taken down at the time of this post, nearly 2 hours now.

I dont want to take any legal action or anything at the moment, but if he doesnt remove it soon i will take action and i am already talking to a copyright lawyer for advice.

The main reason for this post is to tell all to beware the Name Pros use Planet-Nick. He stole my website and used it as his own so you should watch out for him.

Thankyou all for your time, comments on what you suggest i do would be much appreciated or just coments on what you think.

Thanks again.

Stay Lucid,
One Armed Scissor.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the heads up :tu: I'll be cautious of this member :) Shame on him for copying your design :|

•••
what a f'n LOSER..if he wants to offer webdesign, he should at least take the time to learn how actually MAKE WEBPAGES and make his OWN layout himself :sick:

edit: it's an insult to those of us who have been doing webdesign for years. nick, when you decide to re-design 'your' site, stay the f--- away from other people's designs please. thanks

Last edited:
•••
Definitely makes a statement when he copies a design like that. I know how you feel and hopefully he'll get around to taking it down.

By the way, just so you know there is a typo on the front page.

Why Inverse Designs?

•••
•••
I have requested he take it down and when he said he would do it in 5 mins he went ofline. Still not taken down at the time of this post, nearly 2 hours now.

Do you have screenshots of that conversation? If so, you can instantly prove your case to -RJ-.

Last edited:
•••
I do have a screenshot, will send it to -RJ- and post here now. I am very angry he would acuse me. As low as anyone can go...

Thanx for the advice!

www.members.optusnet.com.au/cathiedevery/website

That is the convo we shared after i found him with my design. (i am the black text he is red)

I am really upset about this... I feel Planet-Nick has no respect for me or any NP members. Be careful of him, i am sorry i trusted him...

Stay Lucid Everyone,
One Armed Scissor.

•••
As i said in the other thread started by Planet-Nick, from that chat log, Planet-Nick is clearly the culprit :|

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back