NameSilo

sales My Biggest Sale Yet - $24.5k

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi All,

Wanted to report my biggest sale yet that came after revising my prices back in August. I'd like to thank everyone here and special gratitude to @Riz M., @AbdulBasit.com & @DnFolk for also reporting their recent large sales. It has been very much appreciated. Also a thanks to Mike Mann for continually reporting his sales on twitter.

Special thanks to Rick Schwartz for his video below. You should checkout his blog, videos and twitter regularly if you don't already. It helps to keep things in perspective.

https://twitter.com/DomainKing/status/1156858192711888896

upload_2020-3-21_21-12-28.png

Purchased in 2016 for $19.47 via godaddy.

I've been buying and selling domains for over 17 years. Prior to August, I'd been selling about 60-70 domains per year to end users, but last year I revised the prices on about 30-40% of my domains (see below). The reason I increased pricing on many of my domains was because it really felt like I was underselling many domains and leaving too much money on the table.

So the plan was to increase the prices to NameWorth suggested levels (where I feel it makes sense) and then try to get to $250k in annual sales from the current $130k-$140k. So hopefully I'll get there, or maybe I'll crash and burn because the prices are too high. But the first month is looking great so far and on track
HUGE DOMAINS SNIPING GODADDY CLOSEOUTS

While this has been the second 5 figure sale since August and my average sale price is much higher than in prior years, my overall sales have not really been higher.for the last 12 months as the higher prices on the top 30-40% of my names have likely decreased the quantity of sales. Maybe I'll try to fine tune this over time to see if I can achieve the right balance.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
nice...

thought it was plantgrow
then the price would make more sense
now it does not... unless im missing something ;)
cheers

•••
Hi All,

Wanted to report my biggest sale yet .

That is awesome! Some great news in a not so great time right now! This is what we needed - thank you!!!!

•••
Do you mind sharing if this was this a BIN sale or negotiated? I would love to know how the negotiation went if you are willing to share. I am always curious to know how 5+ figure sales are negotiated...

•••
You have a brave, analytical approach and in many ways very safe, because you've made calculated steps over the years, instead of regging 2k names in your first year and complaining on NP that this industry is a hoax or a scam.

I appreciate your well written replies, helping to inspire those aspiring.

•••
•••
Excellent Sale! Congratulations! :)

•••
•••
Congratulations to you for the great sale.

•••
Do you mind sharing if this was this a BIN sale or negotiated? I would love to know how the negotiation went if you are willing to share. I am always curious to know how 5+ figure sales are negotiated...

In this case it was a BIN sale. Just got the email from Afternic, which was a complete surprise! (y)

Last edited:
•••
Great sale but you have Enormous carry costs. Over $60K annually? You need many home run sales just to carry your portfolio...every year. Next year $100k....

It seems like this, but it has all happened incrementally. When I had $50k per year in sales, my registrations were $20k or so and that seemed big.

Last year my registrations were about $55k, but my revenue has been between $125k-$150k per year for the last 5 years or so.

•••
•••
•••
Congrats and Thanks for sharing.

•••
•••
•••
Congrats @NameBuyer.com for your great sales, its may be one of your happy day. Next time we also want to hear your other great sales in this forum

•••
Congrats on the sale! AWESOME and cheers to many more.

•••
Congrats! and thank you very much for sharing this.

•••
•••
Congratulations and Thank you @NameBuyer.com for sharing this. Would you mind sharing some details like was it parked with Afternic and if FAST transfer was enabled?

•••
Cool, how long for afternic to verify buyer's payment?

That was the first notice I got. I believe Afternic typically notifies the seller only after the payment is ready to go.

A different one I got 4 days ago was the same. The only delay seems to be getting the domain to the Buyers account before releasing the funds to you. Some buyers are faster than others.

upload_2020-4-5_19-20-46.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congrats & thanks for sharing!

•••
•••
why someone would buy that - plant -o- grow?

made me hopeful about my domains off couse

I think it's "Plan To Grow", but not entirely sure.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back