Dynadot

information My $30K sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnFolk

Top Member
Impact
Sometime before i had mentioned here about my $30K sale and since then many showed interest to know about it through PM and otherwise. Immediately after i had that sale in jiffy i shared it with my few friends and other domain community on whatsapp and before i realize it was spread very quickly among them, many know it already, so i decided to share at NP also, here is the name and the sale -
20200212_190526.jpg

I had bought this for mid xxx in 2017, you will find 7k+ sale on namebio.com but i had waited for the expired auction end to transfer it away something which we cannot do now as godaddy reduced the number of days allowed after expiry.

Coming back to the name i had rejected many offers including of 25k but it was recieved via afternic listing. So there i would have got 20K. I rejected 20k euro offer also at dan. Here i was ready to sell this for 30K only because of direct sale and negligible commission of escrow.com. otherwise i won't have sold with net amount anything less than this.

Usually because of various reasons i share about 20-25% of my sales and never shared my five fig sales (9988 and more) anyway i only had 8 of it previously and this is the highest of total now 9 such sales.
I have a request here i don't want anyone to report or type this domain name anywhere this because buyer was spammed after i had shared earlier on whatsapp group. And the current owner is not the buyer of this name. Some told me that you could have got more considering the original buyer and he may have flipped for higher amount. They might be right or not and He may or may not have done that, for me it doesn't matter as irrespectively at the end i do not have any regrets and i'm content with the sale.

I would also take this as an opportunity to thank all of you, to the mods, admin and wonderful community of namepros. Thank you.
Domain trading is full time business for me and namepros.com has been crucial part of it in this journey. So thanks to each and everyone of you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Random facts related to this -

Just for fun I had submitted this name to all brandable marketplaces all of it accepted for less than 5K. With BB being the lowest they accepted for 2495.
In india crypto currency and any transaction related to is banned and when i was asked the details of this sale, i mentioned the domain name, the bank declined the payment. Lot of time was wasted and then i decided to go with other bank but escrow by mistake sent it again to the same bank so lot of delay for me in receiving the payment. Finally third time it worked.
In 2018 i had some issues with escrow to the extent i even lost 2 sales. So i had decided to never deal via them. But this was pretty smooth. I guess they have improved.
Although obviously i wish and wanted the deal to be completed via epik escrow as it would have been much better for me but buyer was very quick before i could say he already created transaction via escrow and asked me to complete.

•••
Great name, great sale! Congrats!

•••
Domain trading is full time business for me and namepros.com has been crucial part of it in this journey. So thanks to each and everyone of you.

Wow...awesome sale!

Thank you for sharing...it keeps all of us, both full and part timers, hopeful and focused. May you, I and all of us have a great 2020!

•••
Congrats and good for you. Glad to see crypto names still sell. I also don’t blame you for not sharing high dollar sales here. I guess not on WhatsApp either 😂

•••
Amazing domain! I love it. Thank you for sharing and congratulations.

Can I join the Whatsapp group? I'm looking for a nice community :)

•••
Congratulations and Thanks for sharing. Among indian domainers you have been inspiration to me and i’m sure to lot of others india and wide.
Thank you.

•••
Awesome sale, thanks for sharing

•••
Sometime before i had mentioned here about my $30K sale and since then many showed interest to know about it through PM and otherwise. Immediately after i had that sale in jiffy i shared it with my few friends and other domain community on whatsapp and before i realize it was spread very quickly among them, many know it already, so i decided to share at NP also, here is the name and the sale -
Show attachment 144422
I had bought this for mid xxx in 2017, you will find 7k+ sale on namebio.com but i had waited for the expired auction end to transfer it away something which we cannot do now as godaddy reduced the number of days allowed after expiry.

Coming back to the name i had rejected many offers including of 25k but it was recieved via afternic listing. So there i would have got 20K. I rejected 20k euro offer also at dan. Here i was ready to sell this for 30K only because of direct sale and negligible commission of escrow.com. otherwise i won't have sold with net amount anything less than this.

Usually because of various reasons i share about 20-25% of my sales and never shared my five fig sales (9988 and more) anyway i only had 8 of it previously and this is the highest of total now 9 such sales.
I have a request here i don't want anyone to report or type this domain name anywhere this because buyer was spammed after i had shared earlier on whatsapp group. And the current owner is not the buyer of this name. Some told me that you could have got more considering the original buyer and he may have flipped for higher amount. They might be right or not and He may or may not have done that, for me it doesn't matter as irrespectively at the end i do not have any regrets and i'm content with the sale.

I would also take this as an opportunity to thank all of you, to the mods, admin and wonderful community of namepros. Thank you.
Thanks for sharing. Do you mind sharing where you acquired the name?

•••
•••
Proud to have done business in the past, @DnFolk. (y)

Keep moving forward.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 144422

Great Sale, congrats again bro!

•••
Amazing domain! I love it. Thank you for sharing and congratulations.

Can I join the Whatsapp group? I'm looking for a nice community :)

Sure PM me your number, I will add you there.

Thanks for sharing. Do you mind sharing where you acquired the name?

I acquired it privately from the blogger, crypto niche was rising very fast then and while researching when i came across and checked this name i quickly reached out to the owner especially when he was not even using the name properly. and i was right the blogger told me that he used to blog in past right now he doesn't care much about it because of lack of time. I then did what i had to, asked whether he can sell the name to me, he agreed and told me the price for it and then i paid him more than double of his asking price (mid xxx) because his asking price was low and i wanted to make sure that he knows and is fine with it. i even told him that i am gonna sell it for much more and what i do and made sure in the end he was more than happy with the sale.

•••
An outstanding sale - Congratulations!

Thanks for all the name sale details and, the " Random Facts " were very interesting!

•••
•••

Just for fun I had submitted this name to all brandable marketplaces all of it accepted for less than 5K. With BB being the lowest they accepted for 2495.

☝️ Not good...

Congrats!

•••
•••
In india crypto currency and any transaction related to is banned and when i was asked the details of this sale, i mentioned the domain name, the bank declined the payment.
Thats insane :xf.eek: In many parts of the world, CBD is still illegal. Hope no domainer is being imprisoned for selling a hemp domain!

•••
Congrats @DnFolk.

With BTC back above $10K with momentum, crypto domains are about to become red- hot again. I don't think you need to be a prophet to see that.

•••
Congrats @DnFolk.

With BTC back above $10K with momentum, crypto domains are about to become red- hot again. I don't think you need to be a prophet to see that.
Agreed. Exciting times ahead.

•••
Congrats @DnFolk well done and thanks for sharing

•••
Congrats @DnFolk you have been very helpful to others right from the start. Thanks for sharing. You deserve it every bit!

•••
Brilliant news! Congratulations on a great sale, crypto might hit it's highest point in 2020-2021 and the number of available domains are fewer than ever. Epik did a big cryptoKEYWORD (com) sale last month we can't report on, but the trend is definitely upwards for crypto domains.

•••

In india crypto currency and any transaction related to is banned and when i was asked the details of this sale, i mentioned the domain name, the bank declined the payment. Lot of time was wasted and then i decided to go with other bank but escrow by mistake sent it again to the same bank so lot of delay for me in receiving the payment. Finally third time it worked.
In 2018 i had some issues with escrow to the extent i even lost 2 sales. So i had decided to never deal via them. But this was pretty smooth. I guess they have improved.
Although obviously i wish and wanted the deal to be completed via epik escrow as it would have been much better for me but buyer was very quick before i could say he already created transaction via escrow and asked me to complete.

Congrats on your sale!

Crypto trading is not allowed currently, but why would the bank have a problem with payment for a domain in fiat?

•••
I acquired it privately from the blogger, crypto niche was rising very fast then and while researching when i came across and checked this name i quickly reached out to the owner especially when he was not even using the name properly. and i was right the blogger told me that he used to blog in past right now he doesn't care much about it because of lack of time. I then did what i had to, asked whether he can sell the name to me, he agreed and told me the price for it and then i paid him more than double of his asking price (mid xxx) because his asking price was low and i wanted to make sure that he knows and is fine with it. i even told him that i am gonna sell it for much more and what i do and made sure in the end he was more than happy with the sale

This is intriguing to read. Can you kindly tell us that how often you try to buy domains privately and whats your success ratio in it? And is there any pattern you follow to do it.

•••
Back