Dynadot

information My $30K sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnFolk

Top Member
Impact
Sometime before i had mentioned here about my $30K sale and since then many showed interest to know about it through PM and otherwise. Immediately after i had that sale in jiffy i shared it with my few friends and other domain community on whatsapp and before i realize it was spread very quickly among them, many know it already, so i decided to share at NP also, here is the name and the sale -
20200212_190526.jpg

I had bought this for mid xxx in 2017, you will find 7k+ sale on namebio.com but i had waited for the expired auction end to transfer it away something which we cannot do now as godaddy reduced the number of days allowed after expiry.

Coming back to the name i had rejected many offers including of 25k but it was recieved via afternic listing. So there i would have got 20K. I rejected 20k euro offer also at dan. Here i was ready to sell this for 30K only because of direct sale and negligible commission of escrow.com. otherwise i won't have sold with net amount anything less than this.

Usually because of various reasons i share about 20-25% of my sales and never shared my five fig sales (9988 and more) anyway i only had 8 of it previously and this is the highest of total now 9 such sales.
I have a request here i don't want anyone to report or type this domain name anywhere this because buyer was spammed after i had shared earlier on whatsapp group. And the current owner is not the buyer of this name. Some told me that you could have got more considering the original buyer and he may have flipped for higher amount. They might be right or not and He may or may not have done that, for me it doesn't matter as irrespectively at the end i do not have any regrets and i'm content with the sale.

I would also take this as an opportunity to thank all of you, to the mods, admin and wonderful community of namepros. Thank you.
Domain trading is full time business for me and namepros.com has been crucial part of it in this journey. So thanks to each and everyone of you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats @DnFolk, I think crypto domains still have good future. I have crypterium.co and a company rep contacted me last week via make offer @Epik.com and want to buy it for $3k, I accepted on Friday, waiting for their action, if next week they don't take serious action, will cancel and increase the price and hold on to it for best offer later.

Last edited:
•••
Congratulations on your sale.

•••
Congrats on your sale @DnFolk and all the best wishes for your mind blowing future sales :) (y)

•••
•••
•••
Random facts related to this -

Just for fun I had submitted this name to all brandable marketplaces all of it accepted for less than 5K. With BB being the lowest they accepted for 2495.

Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

I found the same thing to be true with brandable marketplaces. I thought it would be good to put some of my better domains there and sell them for more, but the pricing I received back was crazy. 1/5 of the price I was asking at times or just rejected due to the price difference. I read an article that (gaps dot com) was sold at BB to an end-user for $20,000. That is a stupid price. Seller gets 70%. So $14,000 in proceeds for gaps dot com. Really?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Congratulations and thanks for sharing!

I found the same thing to be true with brandable marketplaces. I thought it would be good to put some of my better domains there and sell them for more, but the pricing I received back was crazy. 1/5 of the price I was asking at times or just rejected due to the price difference. I read an article that (gaps dot com) was sold at BB to an end-user for $20,000. That is a stupid price. Seller gets 70%. So $14,000 in proceeds for gaps dot com. Really?

Agree fully this besides their bias to certain sellers and tweaked search results. This is why i never list premium names to such marketplace. Absolute waste. At best only list handreg names.

•••
•••
Congratulations my friend. Success stories like you give me hope that even an average guy like me who started domaining in February 2020 can maybe still make the big bucks in the not too distant future!

•••
Sometime before i had mentioned here about my $30K sale and since then many showed interest to know about it through PM and otherwise. Immediately after i had that sale in jiffy i shared it with my few friends and other domain community on whatsapp and before i realize it was spread very quickly among them, many know it already, so i decided to share at NP also, here is the name and the sale -
Show attachment 144422
I had bought this for mid xxx in 2017, you will find 7k+ sale on namebio.com but i had waited for the expired auction end to transfer it away something which we cannot do now as godaddy reduced the number of days allowed after expiry.

Coming back to the name i had rejected many offers including of 25k but it was recieved via afternic listing. So there i would have got 20K. I rejected 20k euro offer also at dan. Here i was ready to sell this for 30K only because of direct sale and negligible commission of escrow.com. otherwise i won't have sold with net amount anything less than this.

Usually because of various reasons i share about 20-25% of my sales and never shared my five fig sales (9988 and more) anyway i only had 8 of it previously and this is the highest of total now 9 such sales.
I have a request here i don't want anyone to report or type this domain name anywhere this because buyer was spammed after i had shared earlier on whatsapp group. And the current owner is not the buyer of this name. Some told me that you could have got more considering the original buyer and he may have flipped for higher amount. They might be right or not and He may or may not have done that, for me it doesn't matter as irrespectively at the end i do not have any regrets and i'm content with the sale.

I would also take this as an opportunity to thank all of you, to the mods, admin and wonderful community of namepros. Thank you.
Domain trading is full time business for me and namepros.com has been crucial part of it in this journey. So thanks to each and everyone of you.
Amazing Journey of Learncrypto 😮😀 this would be my inspiration ❤ Btw it's Late,but Congratulations 🤝

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back