Domain Empire

MV Domains (Metaverse) - Showcase and Discuss

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Levi_charlz

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
The Metaverse is the next big thing with many of the Big Tech players already involved so thought it deserved a dedicated ‘MV’ thread.

Lots of keywords like Glasses, NFT’s etc are already taken but there are lots still available.

Just picked up ‘MVTokens’ in king

Happy hunting!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This means that someone is now trying to register vegas.mv on marcaria.com. Therefore, the name is not available there, so that there are no two candidates at the same time.

It's been registered via marcaria weeks ago......

•••
They seem to be too arrogant, believing that since they applied for .mv names (vegas.mv reit.mv index.mv), they are already in their pocket.
It is unlikely that they will be able to buy vegas.com reit.com index.com .
Or do you want to say that they need to choose names worse in .mv, so that they can pick up analogs in .com?
I’ve been chatting with a rep from 101domain regarding .mv. While there are some names that are reserved by the registry, (games.mv for example), there are some excellent keywords that he confirmed are/were available for registration. The process does take a while. If the extension gains in popularity, maybe the registry will improve their process and visibility.

•••
I’ve been chatting with a rep from 101domain regarding .mv. While there are some names that are reserved by the registry, (games.mv for example), there are some excellent keywords that he confirmed are/were available for registration. The process does take a while. If the extension gains in popularity, maybe the registry will improve their process and visibility.
No one outside the Maldives knows what can and cannot be registered there.

•••
It's been registered via marcaria weeks ago......
Maybe they applied for registration there a few weeks ago, but it is not registered yet, and no one outside the Maldives can say if it will be registered or not.

•••
No one outside the Maldives knows what can and cannot be registered there.
I tried to register games and it was kicked back within 24 hrs as reserved by registry. The other couple I registered are on day 3 or 4 now and have not been rejected and are currently in a “pending approval” status, so we’ll see what happens.

From your understanding, does the registry only make a decision after receiving the request or are the reserved names pre-determined and everything else is fair game?

•••
It is unlikely that they will be able to buy vegas.com reit.com index.com .
Or do you want to say that they need to choose names worse in .mv, so that they can pick up analogs in .com?
No, I've meant VegasMV.com, IndexMV.com, reitmv.com - I guess they should've tried to, at least for brand protection purposes. So I'm trying to understand how things will unfold next - whether <word>.mv is going to dominate over <word>mv.com, and in what extent if it does. Or that's not the beginning of a trend yet.

Last edited:
•••
Another example where I didn't know which alternation was better and felt the need to secure both

MV + Chill (.) com
Chill + MV (.) com

Question: From 1 to 3 (1 being the best), how would you rate these 3 domains?

MV + Chill (.) com
Chill + MV (.) com
Chill (.) mv

•••
•••
I tried to register games and it was kicked back within 24 hrs as reserved by registry.
101 keeps $19 of the refund. Seems wrong imo.

•••
101 keeps $19 of the refund. Seems wrong imo.
I was refunded the entire amount, including the $19 application fee

•••
cover.png

.com

•••
•••
•••
•••
Better tell that to the many huge companies running on io 🙄
Google has stated on many occasions that they don't treat cctlds like .io, .me as localized content. That's why you see many companies using them.

Repurposed extensions are very very few and are the exeptions. Thinking of it now, I don't think they are more than 3 that Google treats as such. Many other cctlds are treated as cctlds, from .de, .co.uk, .ng etc.

Not knocking .mv but domainers should have that in mind when registering such names. Of course, it's a moot point if your buyer is from said country.

•••
I wasn’t debating what is right or wrong about using the extension I was saying many use it. The perception of the people buying the domains is what I care about.

Keen.io

Castle.io

Swipe.io

Fluent.io

Apiary.io

Greenhouse.io

Crowdcast.io

Pantheon.io

Slither.io

And on and on…

•••
I wasn’t debating what is right or wrong about using the extension I was saying many use it. The perception of the people buying the domains is what I care about.

Keen.io

Castle.io

Swipe.io

Fluent.io

Apiary.io

Greenhouse.io

Crowdcast.io

Pantheon.io

Slither.io

And on and on…
And I agree. I was just stating the reason behind the popular use of .io by end users as it would be a wrong assumption to register the cctld, .mv, simply because .io (another cctld) is doing well.

If I start a site on a .mv domain, search engines will push my content to Maldives internet users thinking that they are my target audience. If I am based in the US or the UK or I am trying to reach a global audience, why will I run my business on a .mv?

On the other hand, while .io is technically a cctld, search engines don't treat it as such. Hence, the reason for the broad use by people all over the world.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
I don't remember whether someone has already reported this 'MV' website:
https://www.mvnewstoday.com/
It sure has earlier in the thread but thanks for sharing 🙂

1. One more live site with MV domain:

MVNewstoday.com

2. MV gaining a lot of traction especially in Japan n China Media.

3. Even Microsoft uses MV in its docs.

I see humongous value in MV. May be as much as VR AR XR combined!

All the best to all early believers and investors in MV.

•••
It sure has earlier in the thread but thanks for sharing 🙂
Ah, ok :) - have probably made a typo when searching for it in the thread (although I was suspecting something, as that link has been displayed as earlier visited in my browser :) )

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back