NameSilo

Music.tv picked up for $50!

Labeled as .tv in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by Ammudamus, Jun 3, 2014

Replies:
Views:

1. Keith

Keith Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Say what?

Fma can't claim to not know it was dropping. Registrars send out several warning emails and give months of warning.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

FMA/ Thunayan Al-Ghanim (Elequa) dropped nothing purposely he is going through a protracted legal battle with members of his family. He called me from the UK when the name was in redemption and asked me if it had dropped ? I told him it was in redemption and would drop, he is aware of what is going on but could not prevent the name from dropping because of this family issue.

3. buyselldoms

buyselldoms Established Member

It has happened to be many years ago, a decent domain dropped and fell into a third party's hands... this was back before all the emails and auto-renews etc. were commonplace.

I couldn't renew at the time, someone cloned my bank card so couldn't access money in my bank... worst of all it took an age for a replacement card!!! Its life, I lost the domain, was very bitter about it for so many years afterwards haha... but despite it being for reasons beyond my control... I have no right to get the domain back. (The importance of extending registration periods cannot be underestimated... don't make the mistake of renewing decent domains within the last 3 months... even if temporary your financial situation etc. could change, furthermore, the longer you have it registered the better for sales... otherwise everyone waits and tries to backorder it)

Many businesses and domainers see high value domain names as an asset they own - technically, all you really do is lease it... you can have a domain name for 50 years (not as of today, but theoretically talking about the future) then lose it by not renewing it... doesn't matter how long you have "owned it". Its that whole "you snooze, you lose" thing... very frustrating.

The only thing you can do is try to buy it back. Normally 3 scenarios... 1) the new owner wants to develop it, 2) the new owner has inflated the price over the market value, or 3) the new owner is happy to accept part market value (i.e. 60%,70%) for the domain for a quick sale... on the basis that its a huge profit compared to the registration fee.

Its capitalism all over... hardly anyone (domainers) has paid current end-user value, reseller value or anything near it, for many of their domains... but many wouldn't hold on to them if they got an offer they couldn't refuse. Its pretty much "you win some, you lose some". That's the importance of profit... in addition to increasing your money, it also acts as a way to subsidize losses. You have the opportunity to move on, or you burn into your profit to get it back.

4. lll

lll Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Family issues happen

Use that auto renew next time

Jimbo congrats

5. Len

Len dot TV'er VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

6. mwzd

mwzd Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Wow! Talk about the bargain of the century!

Could only happen in .TV, I should know. ;)

Congrats!

7. Logotyp24

Logotyp24 Established Member

I offer you mighty $100 for the your domain music.tv - a insane offer, how could you turn this down

8. matrigaldo

matrigaldo Domainer since 2007 VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Excellent pickup. Quite surprised it really happened! Congrats!

9. Josh R

Josh R Josh.co PRO VIP ICA Member

Does this mean that only one person had it on Backorder after seeing it on the pending delete list?

10. TheWatcher

TheWatcher Founder, MAJ.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats, nice pickup.

I stop investing in .TV years ago maybe I need to revisit again or not.

11. donnied79

donnied79 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

No, on Name.com it's first come first served.

12. dumav

dumav Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

congrats! this one deffo worth smth:-o

13. donname

donname Established Member

Great name! Congrats!

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice