NameSilo

Multiple domains required?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
HI, im quite new to the domain world. Ive just registered some domains and i would like to set the sites up with mainly new content and advertising from adsense/amazon etc. The question im asking is do i need to have each domain name set up with a web host. At the minute i have aotcoaches.com setup with a host. I have a few other domains goldadviser.info being one of them. Can i set the forwarding up for golfadviser.info somehow to run from the same web host as aotcoaches.com? many thanks for any help :td:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If your host allows addon domains or if your registrar allows URL forwarding you most certainly can.

Where are you hosted, and who is your registrar?

-Allan :gl:

•••
HI im hosted at design-a-might.co.uk and the registrar for the domain golfadvisor.info is namecheap

•••
•••
many thanks for the quick reply and tips :)

•••
and another more complicated ( i think ) would be to switch hosts and get yourself a resonable sized resseller account.
(i have 1 for $9.95 a month)

2 GB Space / 30 GB Bandwidth

This gives you 1 control panel to sort out your seperate domain/websites
that is my preffered way of having multiple websites.

Thats if your current host does not offer that service?

Mind you if you have paid already for ayear then it's not worth it just now but in the fututre this is what i would do if i were you.

•••
hi, which reseller host is it your saying and do you recommend them. My hosting is up for renewal within 30 days so this could be the opportunity to change to one. Any pros or cons?

•••
There are thousands of reseller hosts out there. One of the most well known is Dreamhost.com, although I'd recommend AffordableHost.com personally.

•••
Hi,

I use www.polurnet.com I believe the owner is a well established member of namepros and i do recommend them.

I'm very happy with the service they provide.

Hope this helps.

•••
My 2 cents on a reseller... Idologic.com.

Have been with them for 2 years and they ROCK.
Friendly, VERY responsive customer service. Great communication.
A buck or two more than some hosts, but absolutely worth it in my mind.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
ok thanks everyone for your help :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back