Dynadot

Moving .CO.UK domains at Moniker - Plz Help!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RicoShay

Experience & Service StrategistVIP Member
Impact
I bought a domain from a fellow NP'r and we're having trouble moving the domain. It is currently at Moniker - and preferrably I would like to move it to my Moniker account (internal push). But it isn't allowing it.

Also, trying to move it to any of my other registrars requires an IPS tag - which apparently costs £10 ($16 USD). This doesn't not include renewal / extension by the way... its just to change/create the IPS tag.

So - I'm wondering if anyone has moved .co.uk domains from Moniker either internally or by external transfers. Is there any way around having to pay the fee. Or more importantly is there a quicker way (I actually don't mind to pay the fee as long as its done really quickly/easily).

Please help :)

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can't push a .co.uk like a .com
To change owner: Transfer

•••
Yeah, quite an annoying process.

The current owner had to start a transfer out process at his registrar - I then got the email asking me to create an account at Nominet. I had to request Nominet to change the IPS tag to that of my registrar (where the domain is going to). This cost £11.50 including VAT.

After this I had to email my new registrar to tell them to move this domain to my account once they have it. Still waiting.

First time I've moved a .co.uk from Moniker to elsewhere. I did a push at NameCheap - was so much easier. Oh well. Learned some new stuff at least.

Thanks for the reply sdsinc

•••
I think I'm having somewhat of a similar problem here. I used to have my domains with Moniker and without my consent was tranfered to Nominet registry and is now parked under Key-Systems.net.
I got them parked at Noomle when I still have the names with Moniker. Now with Nominet I've seen those fees to change or move the domains??? I think something isn't right there. Now they are controlling those domains and looks like they are also making money out of it as it is now parked with DomainSponsor. Something is totally out whacked wrong with this tranfer deal and it all started with Moniker. What gives.

•••
I don't think Moniker is to blame, its Nominet. I think its wrong too that if I want to move a domain from one registrar to another, I have to pay a fee of around £10 to Nominet.

I only have about 10 .co.uk domains and I've only transferred from one registrar to another just the one time. But I can see this being very costly or at the very least being quite a nuisance for those who hold big portfolios. I suppose it kills the purpose of trying to find cheaper registrars at renewal times.

:-/

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back