NameSilo

domains Move over X.com - Even shorter and MUCH cooler domain makes the record books!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
BREAKING DOMAINING NEWS

In the News today (July 17, 2017) it is World Emoji Day, so Happy World Emoji Day to you.

But in domaining News today, the domain purchase of the shortest dot com possible, X.com by Elon Musk is soooo yesterdays News...

A much shorter and much cooler domain has been acquired and the News
and it is shaking up the Domain Industry!

More on that story here...

https://twitter.com/EmojiDomainsWS/status/886754275568824320

81524_94b3934971437c04042fb7c698e3f560.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow :) this is what communism wanted to create... Lenin and Stalin are waiting for your ideology, tovarish!

Lol

The way I see it a person won't need to carry a large screen and large keyboard every they go and there is no need when wherever they go there will be a large screen and a large keyboard available that their phone can connect to

•••
Here is what I have seen on Facebook today.

20157603_10103894203441881_7877227925732837920_o.jpg

•••
Every time i have seen any top ranking emoji reports, that "tears of joy" emoji has always been on top as #1.
Others...numbers 2 thru whatever seem to change often but that "tears of joy" is a solid gem.
Here is what I have seen on Facebook today.

Show attachment 64467

•••
I still own €.cc . A legacy currency domain. Unsure if you EU people can type that directly from the keyboard?

•••
I still own €.cc . A legacy currency domain. Unsure if you EU people can type that directly from the keyboard?
Nope

•••
@Sam and @-EM-

Yes we can.. Its just not depicted on most keyboards.. Its "alt-gr + 5" = €

EDIT
It conforms to how we type other currency symbols..
£ = alt-gr + 3
$ = alt-gr + 4
€ = alt-gr + 5

Last edited:
•••
I dont have it. It may be in some specific keyboards

•••
Which EU country are you in?

•••
It's a gr€at domain,
I am from Europe and I (also) can confirm that my keyboard has, like european keyboards normally in general, the € - symbol on it - it is not a seperate keyyy but (in my case = keyboard) it is (printed on) the [E] - keyyy

[ALT Gr] + [E] =

Last edited:
•••
Which EU country are you in?
Romania. It was in my old laptop if I remember correctly.
If I have to specify the € I simply type EUR/eur and move on.

•••
Might you be using US keyboard layout in WINDOWS?

•••
Since when smth like xn--i-7iq.ws is shorter than X.com? This emoji trend gets very close to the "most expensive super top domain", sh*t sold for the price of gold and promoted as smth unique.
Your opinion is your viewww
The viewww can change, and t
herefore the opinion.

•••
Good to know. I don't plan on selling unless some life changing amount. Just too much sentimental value :D. Was hoping it was like the $ sign where its on top of a number but i guess depends on the country.

•••
Good to know. I don't plan on selling unless some life changing amount. Just too much sentimental value :D. Was hoping it was like the $ sign where its on top of a number but i guess depends on the country.
Yes, it seems that it depends on the kind of the keyboard which depends on the decisions of the manufacturer who produces it in context to the country.
Would you like to tell us what amount would count as a 'life changing amount' for you?

•••
But aren't emoji simply being typed/entered by hitting the respective emoji key?

I doubt if any/many people are adding .com or .ws? Maybe almost limited to domainers who own emoji .ws perhaps?

•••
X marks the spot, anything else is .....B.S

•••
But aren't emoji simply being typed/entered by hitting the respective emoji key?

I doubt if any/many people are adding .com or .ws? Maybe almost limited to domainers who own emoji .ws perhaps?
Most smartphone - writing / chatting apps have the whole sortiment of emojis included.
So it's in fact nothing else than just hitting the respective emoji key + the respective TLD, at least on smartphones - but there are stats which are showing that more people using smartphones today than PCs.

Last edited:
•••
Most smartphone - writing / chatting apps have the whole sortiment of emojis included.
So it's in fact nothing else than just hitting the respective emoji key + the respective TLD, at least on smartphones - but there are stats which are showing that more people using smartphones today than PCs.

And who does that?

•••
And who does that?
Every person who is aware of the popular fact that you normally need to type in the .tld after the domain name, no matter if it is an IDN or not.

Last edited:
•••
Every person who is aware of the popular fact that you normally need to type in the .tld after the domain name, no matter if it is an IDN or not.
Rubbish,nobody types in a tld after they have selected an emoji on their phone! Why would they?

•••
Rubbish,nobody types in a tld after they have selected an emoji on their phone! Why would they?
Simplyyy because they have heared / readed about the fact that there are nowww emojis possible as domains!!!
Can you imagine that alreadyyy just a half second can be enough to remember an Emoji domain?
??
Someone sees one (Emoji domain) and will type it in (smartphone) - either instantlyyy or later... ...becasue it's indeed not hard to remember the respective emoji + the respective TLD

Last edited:
•••
Simply becasue they have heared / readed about the fact that there are emojis possible as domains.
Can you imagine that alreadyyy just a half second can be enough to remember an Emoji domain?
??
Someone sees one (Emoji domain) and will type it in (smartphone) - either instantlyyy or later... ...becasue it's indeed not hard to remember the respective emoji + the respective TLD
Deluded

And bold print is shouting,not necessary!

Last edited:
•••
Deluded

And bold print is shouting,not necessary!
Thanks for your opinion, I still have myyy own.

I am not shouting like :rage:
I am always relaxed :happy:
I simplyyy write bold instead of highlighting those parts of myyy post/s which I see as the core - points of myyy post/s, it's also a style thing.

Last edited:
•••
Rubbish,nobody types in a tld after they have selected an emoji on their phone!

Wot, You are exactly right. Nobody would do that ever because it never ever made any sense at all to anyone. It would be like selecting a picture that you took from your own cell phone then trying to add a dot and a tld. Makes no sense at all. Wouldn't do anything.

Why would they?

They would now because it is now a reality that nobody knew before the end of last year.
After people hear it, they may dismiss it and say, ahh cool. nice. have fun with it. But when you see it actually works, then their response is much more surprising. People are wide eyed and bushy tailed. Almost excited to see this new tool that could very quickly and easily be forwarded to anywhere, their website, facebook, linked in, etc.. Believe me, because I have had this conversation many times with people and have showed them in their own phones.

Nobody knew this was even a possibility until very recently.

Jon Roig, He works at GoDaddy. He is also the chief scientist at Domain Research Group. He won a Hackathon in Nov last year and created a bad a$$ tool to make emoji registrations insanely easy. Not by typing in the xn--etc dot ws stuff but by typing in your desired emojis. His site is heart heart heart dot ws. I would write it here but NP doesnt have an emoji database here.

Matan Israel from EmojiUrl.com went to NamesCon in Jan of this year to introduce these cool dot ws emoji domains to us domainers.

Mike Cyger (Domain Sherpa) was also at NamesCon this Jan. He had an awesome video interview shortly after NamesCon with Jon and Matan all about this new world of dot ws emoji domains. Mike also wrote one of the best articles I have read on these ws emoji domains on his other site, DNAcademy. Basically the whole entire history of the codes, the sales, etc.

So as more people find out that it IS in fact a reality that you can tap on an emoji and add the dot ws (branded for website) then you can get to your site now with an emoji up in the address bar.

So, you are right. Nobody would even think of tapping on an emoji and then adding their dot and their ws because before too long ago, it did not make any sense.

Why would they now?
Because it makes perfect sense after learning that it is a possibility and after actually seeing it done. Its fast, easy and just cool.

Last edited:
•••
we really dont know what the great creative uses are of emoji domains, they are a tools, opportunities and great visual, global internet strategies to own and control an emotion or object globally and send the traffic to specific website, app or forwarded page..

now its what can be done with these emoji domains that will shape the future, right now they are trading at a discount to their value as simply shorteners and cool factors toys..

page

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back