IT.COM

Most Profitable Months For Domainers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Which are the most profitable months for you?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • January

votes
    26.4%
  • February

votes
    16.1%
  • March

votes
    15.5%
  • April

votes
    14.9%
  • May

votes
    14.4%
  • June

votes
    13.2%
  • July

votes
    6.3%
  • August

votes
    12.1%
  • September

votes
    15.5%
  • October

votes
    17.8%
  • November

votes
    22.4%
  • December

votes
    31.0%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

TopBrandsForSale

NameFinest.comUpgraded Member
Impact
Hi everyone, I noticed a drop in my parked domains views since the beginning of June.
I'm wondering when should I expect more "actions" (means views, price requests, offers, sales).

I guess it's from January till May and September/December.

But you probably know already better than me ;)

So that's the purpose of this poll!

Let's find out together :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Why don't you add a 'None' option? 😁

•••
months that I decide to not renew names

•••
Hope all namepros friend can got a big sale !

•••
Maybe this is to simple and it is only one year (last 12 months) but statistically it should be representable.

According to Namebio January, May and December is the best months (based on number of names sold).

I would agree and say it makes sense even though there always be outlier portfolio owners argue different.

Attachments

• chart.jpeg
    chart.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 227
•••
For example, if everyone's sales, views, and offers are down mostly in the summer months, it's just a confirmation of my thoughts. But my thoughts without data mean nothing. Instead, when sharing information with other people, I can make some predictions based on real facts.
Hi

if....
everyone owned the same names and all were at same price, then it would be factual

but, since that is impossible, then it can't be factual.

also, everyone who participates here, doesn't represent all sellers who don't post here.

additionally, one would have to look at cumulative sales over a period of years, to say which particular month or months, they had the most profitable sale.
from that perspective, every month could be chosen, depending on volume of participants in a poll.

still, if you want to confirm, based on such a tiny fraction of representation, feel free to do so.

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
Depending if you need to make some cash or spend cash, I would say that generally, December is the month that we have to make a financial decision about taxes. More income or more expenses? I already made 25,000$ USD the last day of a year (December 31st) just because somebody needed to spend money before the end of the year for taxes. He needed to put some expenses in his accounting.

•••
•••
Hi

you shouldn't be expecting.
just accept what is...

otherwise, you'll be disappointed when expectations aren't reached.

imo....
Well, I like to learn from insights and data.

For example, if everyone's sales, views, and offers are down mostly in the summer months, it's just a confirmation of my thoughts. But my thoughts without data mean nothing. Instead, when sharing information with other people, I can make some predictions based on real facts.

This is what every business owner should do.

Imho...

Last edited:
•••
I'm wondering when should I expect more "actions" (means views, price requests, offers, sales).
Hi

you shouldn't be expecting.
just accept what is...

otherwise, you'll be disappointed when expectations aren't reached.

imo....

•••
From what I know, companies usually are tasked to spend a bunch of remaining money before the end of their fiscal year so it would make sense that late fall and winter are the best months.

•••
Our portfolio size isn't very large, it varies between 100-500 domains, but we seem to do the best near the end of the year. The last 2 years we've sold a domain on December 31 or close to it.

•••
I suspect people's responses will hinge, at least to some degree, on the "market" they are selling to.

If you're flipping to resellers then it's likely an "all year round" experience, with the exception of bigger player-buyers, those who buy in the aftermarket, chosing to make purchases at year's end for tax planning / taxation optimizing purposes.

Most of what moves from my portfolio moves to endusers with budgets >$10K-$100K for domain acquisition. Sales in this realm are fairly random, since players in this realm can make a move whenever they "get the go" from whomever holds final say on the corporate purse strings.

There may be corporate "quarterly / end of quarter considerations" when the $number$ go higher. I rarely ask or think about timing, but brokers I have worked with sometimes indicate that "quarterly factors" did play or are playing into final decision making.

•••
The months I sell a lot of domains.

Seriously, domain sales are extremely random and I don't see any Month by Month logic to it.

For example, I'm currently having a great February, but February 2022 sucked.

•••
•••
Nothing will happen without work, so it isn't a monthly measurement, but the measurement of effort is likely when actually made effort rather than just twiddling thumbs thinking deserving of a sale. Most don't hold enough to show a pattern.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
too sporadic for me to say, so i voted all 12. ty.

•••
Surprised at how many people have had good months in December.. Personally, I've always had better luck at the start of the year as opposed to the end. January - May for me...

•••
I have data to go back a decade and what most would consider a large portfolio. I have never been able to pinpoint a high and low season. It is very sporadic. Even summer for example which most say is slow. I have had a July where i sell 2 and a July a year later sell 12 with no major macro event difference in the economy. I can say the same for almost any month of the year.

•••
Same here.
I think this is due to Summer, many people travel for vacancy.

•••
wow January is big enough

Wanna know the details for that month, like the marketplace is same like another months
Or you doing some outbound in the new year, etc

•••
Maybe this is to simple and it is only one year (last 12 months) but statistically it should be representable.

According to Namebio January, May and December is the best months (based on number of names sold).

I would agree and say it makes sense even though there always be outlier portfolio owners argue different.

Where can I see these stats?

It could be interesting to compare the same months volume of the previous years too

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back