Morgan Linton shares his plans for domain investment in 2016

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
2015 was a major year for the domain industry in two ways:

The buying shifted to China
Short and Numeric domain names became more liquid at higher prices than ever before.

I care less about keyword names and more about short and numeric domains. So I’ll tell you what I’m planning on buying this year, I can’t tell you how it turns out until a few years down the road but I can at least share how I’m thinking and where I’m putting my money.

Four character .COMs (Most focus)
Five and Six number .COMs (Some focus)
Three and four character/number non .COMs (Less focus)

Morgan Linton is one of the experienced domainers in the industry and has been investing in domain names for the last 9 years.
This is to give an idea of what experienced people are investing in!

Check out the article here

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is exactly where the market is trending. I do agree with him and it makes sense to shift towards that way. At the same time I believe there is a very intriguing opportunity to get many keyword based domains when everyone else is focusing on short characters and numeric.

My personal goals will be to dive into both but main focus will be snatching those keyword domains for when the market makes another shift =-D

- Will

•••
Warren Buffet will agree with you ;)
"When others are fearful, be greedy! When others are greedy, be fearful!"

•••
I have always been a big fan of Morgan. Let's see how his new investment plan works out for him in 2016.

Thanks for sharing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back