NameSilo

discuss Monopolize City + Category (and) Category + City Domains to inflate value of category domain.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chris Hydrick

.Top Member
Impact
Has anybody ever heard of this strategy? As an example for the US market, you could buy up every category + city and city + category for the most populated US cities, such as barbershopdallas.com and dallasbarbershop.com (atlanta, houston, phoenix, etc...) and so on. Therefore when somebody inquires about the price you can offer them a quick sale deal way under market value compared to the other city+categories for sale price.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've owned quite a few geo/service domains and still have quite a few. Sold a few for xxxx range but not the fastest moving inventory. I'd stick to geo/service over service/geo since nobody is beating down my door for them compared to my keyword product and keyword brandable domains. Still a win on my end as I bought the ones I sold for reg fee so few years holding them didn't phase me as still $900+ profit per name but wouldn't go nuts on them based on how my other inventory sells quicker.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back