Dynadot

Moniker Support - Never answer emails!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've sent quite a number of emails to Moniker support on [email protected] since Friday last week but haven't even gotten one response from them! Does anyone have any contact email addresses over there that actually answer back?

Or does anyone know anything about pushing .es names to another Moniker account & an error message saying:

"Failed to lock a Domain in the registry. Error code: 2004 - "Invalid attribute value [Para realizar una modificación de dominio debe modificar al menos un campo.]"

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Contact them through twitter.

•••
Or raise a support ticket - those are logged and referenced, but still slow and not necessarily effective. But then you have a record of them in your account.

•••
Or raise a support ticket - those are logged and referenced, but still slow and not necessarily effective. But then you have a record of them in your account.

moniker/snapnames support is very poor these days. my most recent experience being days to a week between responses, one response having nothing to do with the next, and so on. in the end nothing was solved as no matter what i wrote they would respond with 'we haven't heard back from you...'

•••
Contact them through twitter.

That's silly. If you cannot get a response from Moniker after paying money for their services, then pull your domains out of there, and find a registrar that won't treat you like a piece of crap.

•••
I've sent quite a number of emails to Moniker support on [email protected]
I'm not sure this address is still monitored, maybe the best is to raise a ticket through their website.

Or does anyone know anything about pushing .es names to another Moniker account
I don't think a .es can be pushed like a .com.
Last time I did (a few years ago) buyer and seller had to fill in a form in Spanish and send it to the registry... But it was a domain registered at red.es (the registry).
AFAIK Moniker is a reseller of Key systems for those ccTLDs.

Probably the buyer can initiate the transfer from his/her registrar, and will tell you what is needed (approval E-mail and/or an auth code).

•••
That's silly. If you cannot get a response from Moniker after paying money for their services, then pull your domains out of there, and find a registrar that won't treat you like a piece of crap.

I agree but there are some ccTLDs which are hard to be transfrred.

•••

Can anybody actually access the support ticket system at the moment?

•••

Trying to log in to the ticket system brings me back in a circle to Moniker

Seems calling them might be the best option right now if you are not getting prompt responses to your emails.

•••
I really used to like Moniker years ago. Frankly, they are sinking, and I'm jumping ship. Problems unlocking domains, problems renewing domains, Moniker having issues contacting the registry, whois protection failing, and horrible support.

I have two domains left there, they'll probably be moved out this week, and once they're gone I'm done with Moniker.

•••

I tried this as well & was sent in a loop in their site as well. That's why I sent them an email again, but no response.

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Trying to log in to the ticket system brings me back in a circle to Moniker

Seems calling them might be the best option right now if you are not getting prompt responses to your emails.

I'm not based in the US so calling them isn't something I'm keen on doing for spending international call rates on.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

I'm not sure this address is still monitored, maybe the best is to raise a ticket through their website.

This is the address where all the confirmation orders sent to clients originate from, so you would expect it to be monitored, especially since it doesn't bounce back or give an autoresponder.

•••
Moniker is ok. All registrars are different. They are smaller, so it is expected that email support would be "slower".

You should try calling them. They are very helpful over the phone. They have resolved my domain-related issues this way in the past.

I don't bother with emails with most registrars. It's just a long dragged out process. A complete waste of time.

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

I'm not based in the US so calling them isn't something I'm keen on doing for spending international call rates on.

Neither am I, but Skype charges $0.01 per minute to call to the US.

•••
Moniker is ok. All registrars are different. They are smaller, so it is expected that email support would be "slower".

How can you say that with a straight face?

•••
I really used to like Moniker years ago. Frankly, they are sinking, and I'm jumping ship.

I agree.

But they are sucking other companies into the vortex

http://domainnamewire.com/2013/02/04/snapnames-picks-up-host-europe-expired-domain-stream/

SnapNames has picked up a new partner to bolster its expired domain name inventory.

The company has gone live with Host Europe, a top three domain registrar in Europe and the largest registrar based in the United Kingdom.

Host Europe includes 123 Reg, DomainMonster, and Heart Internet. Host Europe acquired DomainMonster last year.

•••
Also I have problems with transfer (to get auth code after >60days). Already I got email "XXXX.COM: This domain can not be transferred out due to domain security lock.". How I may to get auth code for transfer?

•••
Also I have problems with transfer (to get auth code after >60days). Already I got email "XXXX.COM: This domain can not be transferred out due to domain security lock.". How I may to get auth code for transfer?

I have also experienced this many times. I have submitted countless support tickets over the past couple of years to have them manually remove the lock on their end each time it happens.

•••

Agree 100%.... If my Registrar degraded to the point that I needed to contact them on another website to get a response, it's time to transfer OUT.

And I'm willing to get them a reasonable amount of time to respond to my ticket, anywhere from 24 to 72 hours, beyond that is unacceptable.

•••
Contacting the support from twitter (or facebook for other cases) isn't just like contacting though an other site. Even emailing the support can be considered in the same way since you use an email provider site.
If you don't want to waste your time waiting for a ticket reply I'd suggest you to find a quicker way. What you do after resolving the issue is a personal choice.

•••
[email protected] is not the best way to reach client services. The email [email protected] is not the email address they use due to spam to it and therefore that email address is not listed on our websites.Client Services wants you to open a ticket by clicking onthe life preserver or call in or contact via facebook or twitter. If you prefer to send an email then send it to Jay Ruda [email protected] he supports issues on moniker and snapnames

•••
[email protected] is not the best way to reach client services. The email [email protected] is not the email address they use due to spam to it and therefore that email address is not listed on our websites.Client Services wants you to open a ticket by clicking onthe life preserver or call in or contact via facebook or twitter. If you prefer to send an email then send it to Jay Ruda [email protected] he supports issues on moniker and snapnames
... and I was right :)

•••

It's horseshit. Here is "Moniker Maurie" acknowledging "[email protected]" is a bullshit email address, but only here does he tell us not to waste our time with it.

The real mind-blowing aspect of that is the fact that Moniker's paying customers must participate here to learn this from Moniker. Moniker doesn't care enough to personally send a message to every customer that "[email protected]" is a waste of time.

What a bush-league operation.

Move your domains. Don't participate in auctions there, until they learn how important their customer REALLY ARE!

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

It's horseshit. Here is "Moniker Maurie" acknowledging "[email protected]" is a bullshit email address, but only here does he tell us not to waste our time with it.

The real mind-blowing aspect of that is the fact that Moniker's paying customers must participate here to learn this from Moniker. Moniker doesn't care enough to personally send a message to every customer that "[email protected]" is a waste of time.

What a bush-league operation.

Move your domains. Don't participate in auctions there, until they learn how important their customer REALLY ARE!

•••
Is their escrow service still reliable ?? Or do i cross it out too?

•••

Hi Maurie,

Thanks for the email address of Jay, but why does it bounce back???

Where are the email addresses that you claim are listed on your site? I can't see anything on Moniker. Also, you can't open a ticket via your support because it sends you in a continuous loop.....seems this has been talked about on Elliots Blog before: http://www.elliotsblog.com/where-is-moniker-support-1039

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

Also, why sent out Order Confirmations with a reply email address as [email protected] when if you don't respond back? That's just very bad customer service. There isn't even an autoresponder saying that it's not monitored or anything.

I have also emailed both [email protected]; [email protected] but haven't heard back either. I get newsletters selling stuff fine from that "news" email address, but also no response.

I have done some Googling & have found the below 3 email addresses, which I have emailed. Let's see if any of those people get back to me. I will keep this thread updated with how well things turn out with this.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

---------- Post added at 01:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

The way things are going with their non-existant support, I wouldn't be too keen on it.

•••
or call in or contact via facebook or twitter.

If your suggesting that customers use either one of these as a means to contact Moniker in cases where a urgent response is needed, they I'd say you have a major problem with customer support...

A trouble ticket system on any web site always take priority, If I had a problem and needed support and opened a ticket, that ticket should be responded to BEFORE any response from Facebook or Twitter... If I'm getting a Twitter or FB response while my ticket is open, that really says a lot about how much Moniker support has degraded over the years.

Last edited:
•••

htmlindex said:
The way things are going with their non-existant support, I wouldn't be too keen on it.

This kinda come up in another thread, when a newbie was asking about Escrow services. My reply was kinda similar to htmlindex. With all the technical and support questions they seem unable to get resolved, I personally would cross it of my list too. They may still be ok, but I wouldn't like to subject an end-user to this kind of hassle involving a sale. Other thread here... http://www.namepros.com/domain-newbies/783482-legit-safe-protected-way-transfer-after.html

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back