Dynadot

Moniker Support - Never answer emails!!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've sent quite a number of emails to Moniker support on [email protected] since Friday last week but haven't even gotten one response from them! Does anyone have any contact email addresses over there that actually answer back?

Or does anyone know anything about pushing .es names to another Moniker account & an error message saying:

"Failed to lock a Domain in the registry. Error code: 2004 - "Invalid attribute value [Para realizar una modificación de dominio debe modificar al menos un campo.]"

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
A trouble ticket system on any web site always take priority

Well, to be sorta fair:

Client Services wants you to open a ticket by clicking onthe life preserver or call in or contact via facebook or twitter.

If anything, they're like many companies that are soon discovering how (potentially) valuable social media like Facebook and Twitter are. No excuses, of course, though the value of social media in terms of customer support can no longer be denied.

Still, Moniker, if you want people to believe in you, you better get your act together somehow.

Can anybody open a ticket or access existing ones again?

I am. They had website issues recently, but they should be working again.

•••
Strange, but still can´t seem to find the ticket system.

No mentioning of a problem on Twitter or Facebook, though.

•••
•••
Just to keep everyone updated, emailing those 3 people directly has given me a response back from all 3 so that's great news!

It has been escalated to the correct department & I have been informed the correct email address now is "mysupport" rather than "support" which is a dead email address.

•••
Just to keep everyone updated, emailing those 3 people directly has given me a response back from all 3 so that's great news!

It has been escalated to the correct department & I have been informed the correct email address now is "mysupport" rather than "support" which is a dead email address.

Amazing what happens when panic sets in at their office after the sacraficial lamb they sent to give us BS goes back to them saying something to the effect of: "Their not buying the BS we're throwing at them. We better be more responsive."

Glad they see the wisdom of nipping this thing in the bud. However, why they insist on treating us like schmucks at first is absolutely baffling, and I still recommend migrating your domains out of a sleazy, non-responsive registrar.

•••
Never had to use support before until today. Had a couple of domains I won at Snapnames, almost 2 weeks ago, never got any login info or anything like that. Called them up, within 2 minutes had a person on the phone and figured it out. So phone support works good. From reading this thread, they need to fix those other issues, those are just sloppy, unprofessional.

•••
•••
From reading this thread, they need to fix those other issues, those are just sloppy, unprofessional.

Well there are bugs that have been crawling around Moniker for years and no matter how many times you report them, they do not fix them. I thought the Oversee.net takeover might fix that, but no, and then a lot of staff left. So I wonder if a time will come when the staff can't understand, let alone fix, the legacy systems.

Is anyone using Namesilo.com - are they any better? Time to exit Moniker.

•••
Is anyone using Namesilo.com - are they any better? Time to exit Moniker.

I'm using namesilo for a few domains. So far so good.

•••
NameSilo are small and hungry. I think they would be much better than Moniker. I like their offering but chose Dynadot to keep all my domains. Support at NameSilo has always been good, imho.

•••
Hmmmm, seems that there are still problems with Moniker. Now their "mysupport" email address doesn't let emails go through! Anyone having similar issues?

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

•••
NameSilo are small and hungry. I think they would be much better than Moniker. I like their offering but chose Dynadot to keep all my domains. Support at NameSilo has always been good, imho.

I use NameSilo for a few less important domains. They've done well by me so far.

Hmmmm, seems that there are still problems with Moniker. Now their "mysupport" email address doesn't let emails go through! Anyone having similar issues?

IMHO Moniker is a sinking ship. I've had a ton of problems there lately, and it seems everyone else is too. I'm going elsewhere, and not looking back.

•••
I dont have a problem with moniker support. 2 days ago they resolved my domain transfer problem. You can open ticket on [email protected]

•••
I only have a handful of SnapNames won domains left there now. They should all be out by end of this month. I've never had any problems getting the auth codes and transferring out, except they make you wait for the full 7 days to transfer out.

•••
I dont have a problem with moniker support. 2 days ago they resolved my domain transfer problem. You can open ticket on [email protected]

I did reply back to their ticket email "[email protected]" that was created, but it bounced back with a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏". Maybe it was a temp issue, will try again today.

•••
I did reply back to their ticket email "mysupport(at)moniker..." that was created, but it bounced back with a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)‏". Maybe it was a temp issue, will try again today.

I was having same issue. I then dropped the my and just sent to support, and got this error message "SMTP error from remote server after RCPT command:
host: mx.moniker....
5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [IP NUMBER] blocked using URL...; Currently Sending Spam"

I called, and support person said he would call me back in 30 minutes, which never happened. I got an email saying he tried calling AFTER they were closed, so I couldn't call him back.

MY issues with them are:

1. They turned my auto-renew for all domains ON. I have had this problem before, so I took screenshots for evidence, and they even sent me an email saying the domains were set to OFF days before charging me. (Recurring Problem)

2. They keep over charging me. Last batch of domains should have been about $50, and they charged me about $70. This time it should have been $19.18 and they charged me $44.17 and they can't account for WHY or WHAT they are overcharging me for.

Moniker used to be the best, but since they got bought out they very shaddy, and charging someone for products or services that were never ordered or delivered is a scam in my opinion.

If Moniker would like to reply to this, and claim I'm lying please do as I have emails, screenshots, and recorded telephone calls as evidence of all my statements. I talked to James from support and was given this reference number: ref:_00D306fF4._500a0T4uIV

I was just about to solidify all my domains from all over the place to Moniker, but I'm so glad I waited to see what would happen to service quality after the buy out.

Anyone have a suggestion for a good registrar? Please don't say GoDaddy, as they are even worse. My two key criteria are good support and good domain management tools.

Sorry for redacting some info, as I just joined it won't let me post any domain names. This site has some serious bugs in the register form, but this isn't the place to go into that :tu:

•••
Anyone have a suggestion for a good registrar? Please don't say GoDaddy, as they are even worse. My two key criteria are good support and good domain management tools.

Sorry to hear about your problems, it seems a lot of us are experiencing the same thing.

I'd suggest dynadot and name.com as good solid alternatives.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back