Dynadot

.tv Moda.tv SOLD for $30,000!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We just sold Moda.tv in a private sale for $30,000! It is a standard renewal domain and we have held the domain for about 3 years. It also means Fashion in Spanish! We are in the process of trying to obtain the right documentation to provide to Ron!

Kind Regards,
A

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ammar / Jim

You guys have been showing how to do it for quite some time. You seem to have totted up an easy six figures in then past few months and yet still have one of the best portfolio's in the business.

Your in-depth research and an understanding of what really goes with those two little letters (.tv) will certainly see your future shine even brighter.

I'm sure many of us would be wise to simply look and learn from your great number of successes.

Congrats on this sale to both you and your buyer.

Plus I'd love to see that outbound letter that grabbed you this sale. It must have been a doozy!

•••
Ammar / Jim

You guys have been showing how to do it for quite some time. You seem to have totted up an easy six figures in then past few months and yet still have one of the best portfolio's in the business.

Your in-depth research and an understanding of what really goes with those two little letters (.tv) will certainly see your future shine even brighter.

I'm sure many of us would be wise to simply look and learn from your great number of successes.

Plus I'd love to see that outbound letter that grabbed you this sale. It must have been a doozy!

Appreciate the kind words and it's worthy that we all as a community continue to move forward. With all the dilution and false promises of new gTLDs, I still believe .tv will shine. We need to start really pressing Verisign to make changes. I have approached them as well as Mark / Manos. The more people that keep addressing our concerns, the better.

James, if I may ask a favor, it would be great to publishing more sales with DN Journal. You have consistently been doing larger sales and would serve as a great boost. Totally at you and your buyer's discretion.

Lastly, Ron has confirmed that Moda.tv will be in this week's publication.

I hope to have more surprises in the short term future!

A

•••
Thanks Jimbo! I been at this .tv for 14 years, it's been up and down, but I have kept the faith. Also, thanks for all you have done as well and so many others. I really think once all those, .whatevers, .xyz , etc burn people, they will come back to what works best, such as .tv. Congrats on getting Music.tv. Maybe that will be the first 7 figure sale for .tv and if so, please disclose it! Thanks!

Ammar / Jim

•••
I have spoken to Verisign a few times Ammar, it seems it is just something they don't care to respond to. The other thing is that in the short term at least, the new gtlds are having them rethink things. They see Donuts and all these premium renewals and that is why they started taking back 2 Character .tv.

I think they thought wait a second, we invented this game, then we were bombarded with complaints and in 2010 started to change. I believe the new gtlds have hurt .tv investors as far as Verisign changing.

•••
•••
•••
Thank you, Ammar. I think a lot of people here have made some excellent investments in the Dot TV space. As the convergence of the Internet and TV has hardly even started, I think it's only up from here.

•••
Just saw Moda.tv listed in DN Journal. Good to see that documented!

A

•••
Awesome keep it up dude.. Nice sale

•••
Absolutely awesome news huge congratulations.....

•••
•••
•••
Nice Sale! Congrats!
- Though I would say 30K is a Good Price, not a "High Price".

•••
It appears someone on the Spanish forum has MODAS.TV for sale :) - not quite the same but...

•••
No not the same at all because "fashions" is not really a properly used English term.

I swear if that sells for top dollar as well, the domaining era is over. LOL

•••
No not the same at all because "fashions" is not really a properly used English term.

I swear if that sells for top dollar as well, the domaining era is over. LOL

It's used when appropriate - spring fashions, latest fashions, etc. Definitely not as bad as some of the horrible plural cases I see used here for some .com addresses.

•••
Congratz, I haven't made one sale yet.

•••
•••
Guess im just a bad domainer.

•••
Five-figure .TV sales are not the norm

•••
Right and a lot of .tv domain portfolios being excellent is not the norm either.

Someone with 2011 to 2014 handregs cannot compare their portfolio, and hope to have the same success as someone like:

Jimbo
Ammar/Jim
FMA
Mrs.Jello
Ben Van Dyk

It is comparing apples and oranges.

Everyone also has different approaches, some years back Acht.tv 8 in German sold, MillersCrossing/James Barclay sold it for $10,000. He enlisted the help of JohnTV for the sale, John got the initial offer up from $2,500 to $10,000. I had owned the name and dropped it and when we talked about it I remember saying I am glad for you and I did not lose out on a $10,000 sale, I missed out on $2,500. The name had gotten 0 interest, and not one type in, So the name had little value to me, $2,500 offer comes in, I am replying sold as fast as I can. Now some would say why not counter ? Does it hurt to counter ? Sometimes Yes, because a name that was highly speculative, that to me had reg fee value, since it was lost in a portfolio with 0 interest to date. I would have never risked losing $2,500, now sure with the help of hindsight I see that would have been a mistake because John got them up to $10,000. But I have had that other times where I liked the name and the buyer walked. The difference was the name had value, so I was ok with that. But if the name is low on my personal value scale, the risk/reward ratio for me would have been to reply sold. I was not chancing losing $2,500 on something that had little value.

•••
•••
•••
Awesome job... impresionante trabajo...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back