NameSilo

.tv Moda.tv SOLD for $30,000!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
We just sold Moda.tv in a private sale for $30,000! It is a standard renewal domain and we have held the domain for about 3 years. It also means Fashion in Spanish! We are in the process of trying to obtain the right documentation to provide to Ron!

Kind Regards,
A

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Thanks for sharing! A Spanish .TV selling for five figures is certainly news. It will be interesting to see how it is used.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Nice one Ammar, great price.

•••
Thanks for all the well wishes. There were lots of offers and inquiries on the name. Acquired it for $1200 and $52 of renewal fees.

A

•••
•••
Killer Sale!
Congrats Amm!

•••
It seems that truthful, congratulatory posts are arbitrarily removed. The mind readers here with advanced degrees in psychic telepathy like to think controlling and deleting truthful, positive writings are within their purview. So much for progressive dialogue here at Namepros.

•••
Except you treat us all as idiots, we can all see through your false congratulatory posts, trolling is one thing but not having the balls to actually say what you mean and instead make snide posts is quite another.

Your posts are neither truthful nor progressive, so please do not treat us as idiots and expect us to believe otherwise, and actually have the bollocks to say what you mean for once.

•••
Lol, I cannot see who you are talking to, StoneRoses, becase I put a member on ignore. I am assuming that would be the one. They should rename the ignore feature to 'troll-be-gone'. Frankly, haven't missed any input, and enjoy not seeing the trolling.

•••
[QUOTE="StoneRoses, post: 4651215, member: 30094"Your posts are neither truthful nor progressive,[/QUOTE]

That's the biggest lie of the day. That's called slander. My posts contain nothing but truth. Any opinion is stated "IMHO" or similar.

When you guys don't like the truth, you bark at the mods to banish the truth teller. Babies.

•••
Troll Alert
now we should have a warning message up, at every thread under .TV section, i.e., to ignore the troll.

•••
Congrats to Ammar and myself! Ammar and I are partners in LegacyFund, I always kept quiet,(a few have known this for years) but we have the best .tv portfolio in the industry. Ammar is a great partner of mine, and we feel excited about the future of .tv. I been in the .tv since 2000, since the beginning, and feel better about the extension more than ever!

•••
Congrats to Ammar and myself! Ammar and I are partners in LegacyFund, I always kept quiet,(a few have known this for years) but we have the best .tv portfolio in the industry. Ammar is a great partner of mine, and we feel excited about the future of .tv. I been in the .tv since 2000, since the beginning, and feel better about the extension more than ever!

I read about the both of you at, Domains.tv
But then, i tried searching for your company site, couldn't find it.

You guys are great benefactors to the .tv community, sales such as these only encourage the investments in .tv, wisely though.

•••
We list all our names at: http://www.domains.tv/directory/http://www.domains.tv/directory/

.TV has been a great ride, except for Verisign being horrible and doing everything wrong and unethical. I can't Verisign, but despite of them, .tv is strong and healthy. Like anything else, need the right names, and be willing to be patient. .TV will come out stronger than ever once all this crap, .whatevers, like. xyz, ec, burns domainers real bad.

•••
I read about the both of you at, Domains.tv
But then, i tried searching for your company site, couldn't find it.

You guys are great benefactors to the .tv community, sales such as these only encourage the investments in .tv, wisely though.

We have tried to stay quiet as much as possible and do our own thing. I think it is even more important now to continue reporting sales. People keep talking about competition and raising prices in negotiations. Domains are evaluated on an individual basis. This Moda sale won't make everyone's dot tvs or all our .tv's worth 30K each, but it provides transparency. Once we as a community get over the mental hurdle, you will see this being more and more consistent with larger sales.

•••
We have tried to stay quiet as much as possible and do our own thing. I think it is even more important now to continue reporting sales. People keep talking about competition and raising prices in negotiations. Domains are evaluated on an individual basis. This Moda sale won't make everyone's dot tvs or all our .tv's worth 30K each, but it provides transparency. Once we as a community get over the mental hurdle, you will see this being more and more consistent with larger sales.

I agree, in too, Ammar.
But sales like these certainly prove that buying good .tv names, is a great investment.

But, why don't the big players in the .tv arena, do something about coming out with a better marketplace, dedicated to .tv domains?
This would also provide more & more exposure to .tv, reaching straight to the end-users.

•••
I agree, in too, Ammar.
But sales like these certainly prove that buying good .tv names, is a great investment.

But, why don't the big players in the .tv arena, do something about coming out with a better marketplace, dedicated to .tv domains?
This would also provide more & more exposure to .tv, reaching straight to the end-users.

There have been many efforts with that over the years. Different philosophies, different approaches and different visions. You can't force end users to come to you unless you are doing outbound marketing. You are giving away leverage in negotiation, but if you are ok selling names between 1-5K, it may be a good approach. Do it multiple times and if the time and cash ROI is there, great.

The bigger disconnect I have seen is there is no proactive broker or firm that knows how to market .tv. To sell something is to provide benefits and features. Most brokers arguments are they don't want to spend more time on .tv when they can make more money with .com. I get that, but they lose the ability for a second option with an end user. If the cost to acquire the .com is out of the budget, the broker gets $0. Providing an option gives them a way to close the deal and generate a win/win.

Most of the folks in the space are big talkers and no execution based on my experience. With that , they want you to get robbed by selling the name at a totally undervalued price.

Verisign has done a huge disservice by not listening to the most important people in any business - Your CUSTOMERS! They have folks that do not want to take any initiative, afraid of their job security and operate from a corporate cubicle. They don't realize that the subtle changes that they could implement would drive tons more income into their wallets.

JMO.

•••
Ammar, do you guys also broker .tv names?

can i be in touch, if i have to sell any of my .tv names?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back