NameSilo

.mobi .mobi vs .com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Which is better for SEO

keyword.mobi or

keyword-keyword2.com

No offence against mobi but i think .com hyphen would be better for google seo?
These the only choices. Accept! i just found [www keyword.biz is for sale, minimum bid $60, maybe he'll take it. That would be best choice no?

For example would you rather have miami . mobi
or miami-beach . com ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Personally, I would prefer Miami-beach.com

•••
New google mobile crawler

As far as i understand google has made a crawler just for sites optimized for mobile phones. The .mobile domain might be effective for that use.

•••
show me where the search engine penalizes you based on domain extension..

•••
.biz is more likely not good for the SEO point of view as .com domains

•••
com sites r preferably more suitable for seo

•••
show me where the search engine penalizes you based on domain extension..

I would agree - it comes down to SEO and targeting the right keywords and you should see hits against your site even if MOBI.

I registered several insurance related MOBI domains recently and am starting to see a trickle of AdSense earnings come through on one of them (not all are developed).

•••
I'd only go with the .mobi if it could be somehow related to cellphones (obviously)

•••
As far as pure SEO goes, the TLD has no bearing whatsoever :imho:

Traffic Is an entirely different question. Will a .com or.mobi produce more traffic?

It depends on the keyword... If you want to target mobile, use .mobi

Remember, keywords in domain names are not the same benefit as they were just a month ago.

Google it: EMD update Google Matt Cutts.

Low quality sites, get no benefit from keyword in domain name, as of October 2012.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for the information. I thought that TLDs did have bearing on SEO. The .mobi TLD may be attractive to mobile users, but .com is more conventional and attractive to me as a desktop user.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back