Dynadot

Mixed Reality domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Onekey

Top Member
Impact
I'm starting the official Mixed Reality thread. With Microsoft and others pushing for this phrase some of us are hoping to benefit. This is where we discuss and show case our domains.

My domains:

MixedRealityTours
MixedRealityTravel
MixedRealityFitness
MixedRealitySchool
MixedRealityMath
MixedRealityPhysics
MixedRealityConstruction
MixedRealityAds
MixedRealityTennis
MixedRealityGolf
MixedRealityGym
MixedRealityDate
MixedRealityLove

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Google and Apple have been staying away from MR as a terminology. Magic Leap will likely follow suit if they want to compete for the same consumers as Google and Apple. MR is Microsoft / Intel territory, which isn't very good sign lol. They are not the "cool" trend setters and they know it, but because they are stubborn it will hurt their ability to compete on the same level (something they always do)...relying on the fact that most people are stuck on Windows machines for compatibility reasons, not because Windows is so "great".

I may be wrong, but MR seems like a lame duck for domaining...still no notable sales last time I checked and no indication that the term is really catching on with *CONSUMERS* (especially "MR", which seems even less popular than "mixed reality") not just article writers and promoters, which makes making it doubly risky to invest in.

Hope I'm wrong, good luck!

Last edited:
•••
P.S. I regged WebMRGames some time ago, to go with my MRGamesOnline. The only 2 MR domains I own...just in case :-D

Cheers

•••
@Winfluence You will always see longtail before.
No one knew about VR before virtual reality.
Do you see Mixed Reality as a term getting traction in google trends?

Last edited:
•••
Asus MR headset,
Screenshot_20170601-004153.png
Looking kinda nice.

•••
•••
Btw, Microsoft bought Domain name Mixer.com
Using it for all live streaming of XBox.
Ring a bell?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ive had enough with know it all average joes lol.
As i said before, key is to diversify.

Now, Showcase or move elsewhere.

•••
Ive had enough with know it all average joes lol.
As i said before, key is to diversify.

Now, Showcase or move elsewhere.

43c9d4d98e1dafaf452cc3e69b86fe61.png

(y)

•••
Well just pointing this out because I think it's a fair point.

When you created the Merged Reality thread you said this:

"I politely ask that NPers be positive and please direct any debates about the differences between Merged Reality and other "Realities" to another thread."

Maybe you could have showed the same respect to this thread ?

But I get you have not really invested too much into mixed reality so its not in your interest to give the same respect that you asked of others.

Now I could answer all your questions, I am not avoiding anything. I just feel this thread as gone off topic enough and its not fair to take it off track anymore.

All you have to do is look on ios, android official download pages of Pokemon Go. Not one mention of it being AR, just a mobile game. The same can be said of the official Nintendo Pokemon Go page.

As far as members go I do personally like you because you don't beat around the bush and you are very straight with your points.

Anyway good luck mate :xf.wink:

We all debated in the Merged Reality thread. I made that statement to even keep my self from going over the top, because I know myself. Even after that we continued to debate if the term would stick around or not, which was relevant and that's what I've done here.

Of course the Pokemon Go webpage mentions nothing about the kind of tech it is. It only has only like 2 sentences. That's not the point of the site. Same goes for any other promo site. It's just to get the visitor to install and tell about the actual game. The mentioning the tech behind the game is irrelevant to that goal. Most VR games probably don't hard focus much on mentioning that they're VR either. Because Pokemon Go is on the phone and not lenses there will be even less focus, but that will change soon.

I like you to bro! And you know I'm here for the progress of the art, even when that means having a stimulating debate without personal attacks, which is what we've been doing.

•••
MixedLens dot com
MixedLenses dot com
MixedGlasses dot com
MixedChina dot com

•••
•••
At eMerge 2017, Magic Leap founder Rony Abovitz gave a number of updates concerning his company’s first product, which is currently in production. He revealed in his speech that the technology is “up and running and live” — it is hands free, does not require looking through a video display, and introduces an entirely new class to the technology which he coined as “spatial computing.”

https://futurism.com/magic-leaps-disruption-of-the-vr-and-computing-industry-is-not-that-far-away/

also, the speech itself:

Anyone get any "spatial computing" names?

•••
At eMerge 2017, Magic Leap founder Rony Abovitz gave a number of updates concerning his company’s first product, which is currently in production. He revealed in his speech that the technology is “up and running and live” — it is hands free, does not require looking through a video display, and introduces an entirely new class to the technology which he coined as “spatial computing.”

https://futurism.com/magic-leaps-disruption-of-the-vr-and-computing-industry-is-not-that-far-away/

also, the speech itself:

Anyone get any "spatial computing" names?

Spatial computing is the tech powering mixed reality. Spatial scanning of the surrounding makes it possible for mixed reality to mix the real world with a digital one using smart "holograms" and making the real world interactive.

Nice article by the way.

Last edited:
•••
@420domainer I registered SpatialComputing.com.au

Cheers
Corey

•••
Accidentally posted on another thread.

This one deserves to be here...

Latest purchase.

MixedReality$ex.com

Great seller @xr reality, always a pleasure

Top guy, always ahead!

•••
So lets hear you guys..
Thought on Mixed+keyword?

I own none and dont plan to get any for now, but some here got this kind of names as I've noticed lately..

•••
So lets hear you guys..

I own none and dont plan to get any for now, but some here got this kind of names as I've noticed lately..
MixedRobot (.) com

•••
So lets hear you guys..

I suppose it works depending upon what you have with it as a suffix.

I have mixedify in king, as a short brandable. Double suffix, but should do ok, given the term is Mixed Reality, and not Mix Reality, IMO. Time will tell.

•••
I suppose it works depending upon what you have with it as a suffix.

I have mixedify in king, as a short brandable. Double suffix, but should do ok, given the term is Mixed Reality, and not Mix Reality, IMO. Time will tell.
I have Mix and Glasses together,not sure If I will keep?

•••
I have Mix and Glasses together,not sure If I will keep?

Couldn't hurt to keep the name if it's a com, as it is still early for this tech. Mix as a term is fine, and may do OK, but loses the element of what the tech actually is, which is Mixed Reality. For that reason, the term Mixed may work better, but again, it depends which kw is used as the suffix, IMO.

•••
So lets hear you guys..

Not really into those.
Got one though: MixedFantasy (in com)

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back