IT.COM

Mixed Reality domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Onekey

Top Member
Impact
I'm starting the official Mixed Reality thread. With Microsoft and others pushing for this phrase some of us are hoping to benefit. This is where we discuss and show case our domains.

My domains:

MixedRealityTours
MixedRealityTravel
MixedRealityFitness
MixedRealitySchool
MixedRealityMath
MixedRealityPhysics
MixedRealityConstruction
MixedRealityAds
MixedRealityTennis
MixedRealityGolf
MixedRealityGym
MixedRealityDate
MixedRealityLove

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
100.png

•••
•••
•••
That blog is probably the biggest load of rubbish I’ve read so far this year, it’s like saying everything is VR because MR/AR is still ‘virtual’.

Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you were one of the guys who believed that everything would fall under the VR umbrella?

Apologies if I have got it wrong, might have been someone else who said it.

I believe we will have at least three seperate keywords i,e VR, AR & MR. But I do know lots think it will all just be classed as VR.

Last edited:
•••
Correct me if I am wrong but I thought you were one of the guys who believed that everything would fall under the VR umbrella?

Apologies if I have got it wrong, might have been someone else who said it.

I believe we will have at least three seperate keywords i,e VR, AR & MR. But I do know lots think it will all just be classed as VR.

I think hybrid devices will be deemed ‘VR headsets’ (devices that does everything).

I don’t think all of sudden VR is going (or should) be renamed Mixed Reality because “It mixes reality by using real world sensor data and by bringing real objects into a virtual environment as is done with the Vive controllers”

And Augmented Reality is MR “because it overlays virtual elements onto the real world” and Google Glass is MR “cause I said it is.” :xf.confused:

His arguments are ridiculous.

Last edited:
•••
I think when this technology was first mooted, they had to phrase it something that everybody would understand, hence virtual reality. As the tech gets deeper and users are familiar with it all, they no doubt will rebrand it to Mixed Reality. This is a no brainer, imo of course.

•••
I think hybrid devices will be deemed ‘VR headsets’ (devices that does everything).

I don’t think all of sudden VR is going (or should) be renamed Mixed Reality because “It mixes reality by using real world sensor data and by bringing real objects into a virtual environment as is done with the Vive controllers”

And Augmented Reality is MR “because it overlays virtual elements onto the real world” and Google Glass is MR “cause I said it is.” :xf.confused:

His arguments are ridiculous.

Lol, cuase i said so is indeed lame BUT this is MS terminology.
If MS pushes MR as the spectrum then all headsets in this spectrum that will work with Microsoft are going to be called Mixed Reality headsets just like acers headsets.

•••
lumr.com 721 USD 2017-03-01 NameJet

Well as a large VR investor I personally think it would be foolhardy to ignore MR or any of the other realities for that matter. I do want to wait for the market to send out some more convincing signals as I'm still unconvinced but I still picked up a few MR names this week.

•••
•••
•••
•••
OutdoorMR

Mixed Reality Market

MobileMR, MR in Industrial Robotics, Toys

MobileMR

MR in Training

MR in Retail / Shopping

Cheers!

Last edited:
•••
Bodes well for MrTeachers and TeachersMr dot com :)

Last edited:
•••
Added:
MarketplaceMR
3DMRgames
3DMRpxrn
3DMRs*x

•••
•••
•••
•••

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
GlobeMR

GlobeVR.com & Globe3D.com developed by same VR 3D design / visualization webdevelopment company

•••
•••
•••
Back