Dynadot

discuss Misspelled Domain Name Getting Bids

Spaceship
Watch
An expiring auction (In other words, not mine) at Go Daddy, greatful.com

The correct spelling is "Grateful"

Bidding is over $500 and probably will go up.

My question: why would anyone pay so much for a domain that is more of a brandable and not such a "great" one at that?

There are 18 bidders.

Is there something special about this domain, or are the bidders notoriously bad spellers?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
althebest.com ....starting 200$ bin price 1000$

The universal closest one

•••
mucqhx.jpg

;)

•••
Same with "Becuase.com" ... or "Annualy.com" ...

Last edited:
•••
Or much better : "maintnance.com"

•••
lol, I registered last year "Atvertise .com" and I still believe that the domain is good, there are too many people who make mistakes in spelling.... will see :rolleyes:

•••
@Ms Domainer That is so. But also because many languages, e.g. Finno-Ugrian languages, are written as they're spoken, i.e. one letter for one phoneme. So as those students learn difficult to spell English words, they can always memorize those words by using their own writing/spelling system which pretty much eliminates mistakes.

Yep, and they even get this word wrong when doing really important stuff.... like naming films and printing DVD covers....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Greatful-Dead-Blu-ray-Kim-Kkobbi/dp/B00L9CSG68

•••
Hey I got preferedaccess/com today and then slapped myself in the head when I realised!

•••
Hey I got preferedaccess/com today and then slapped myself in the head when I realised!

We've all been there mate...

I was REALLY excited about the day I won LondonLocksmiths.com and was checking out the numerous multi million dollar companies I could pitch to.

I didn't notice it was LondonsLocksmiths.com until it was in my Godaddy control panel. I could probably have still made my money back on it but was so annoyed I grace deleted it.

I'm also the proud owner of targettedwebsitetraffic.co.uk...... there are too many t's in it....

Last edited:
•••
We've all been there mate...

I was REALLY excited about the day I won LondonLocksmiths.com and was checking out the numerous multi million dollar companies I could pitch to.

I didn't notice it was LondonsLocksmiths.com until it was in my Godaddy control panel. I could probably have still made my money back on it but was so annoyed I grace deleted it.

I'm also the proud owner of targettedwebsitetraffic.co.uk...... there are too many t's in it....

Actually, London Locksmiths is pretty darn good, so you can stop beating yourself up.

:)

Edit: Oh. I get it. You got London's Locksmiths, but that's not bad either.

•••
Reminds me of the time when there were sales of IDN domains pretending to be real names.
Also, many domainers are not native English speakers. So they are more prone to register incorrect domains, or bid on domains that look 'good' - but aren't.
This.

•••
Hi how to identify the spam infested domain names of old era, they would have been linked massively to many websites..kind of things..anyone experienced.

•••
My misspellings or mispellings ;)

Greatfully.com
Unforgetably.com
Relyable.com

•••
An expiring auction (In other words, not mine) at Go Daddy, greatful.com

The correct spelling is "Grateful"

Bidding is over $500 and probably will go up.

My question: why would anyone pay so much for a domain that is more of a brandable and not such a "great" one at that?

There are 18 bidders.

Is there something special about this domain, or are the bidders notoriously bad spellers?

Be thankful that in the free and prosperous world, namely the US, Canada, Australia, and parts of Europe, you'll find the worst spellers in the world. That's because of the fact that in the free and prosperous world, you don't have to be able to spell. You have a spell checker on your PC or on your smart phone that will spell for you. And even if you don't bother to use either of them, and spell a word wrong, or choose the wrong usage (i.e., "to" vs. "too"), people will just let it be, and answer your question without feeling the need to brow-beat you, due mostly to the fact that they don't realize that it's the wrong usage (because they're as dumb as you are).

You'll find the stupidest, laziest, and most worthless people in the free and prosperous world, because you don't have to be smart or ambitious, and you don't have to contribute anything to society to make it in the free and prosperous world. And with all the money you save having someone else pay for your basic survival ingredients, like food, shelter, and a smart phone, you have money left over to spend on misspelled domain names, because you're too dumb to realize that they're misspelled.

•••
I'm a French native speaker, and while in France I'm considered as a good english speaker, I make some terrible mistakes when buying names...

For example, I bought TreatAlzheimer instead of TreatAlzheimerS (because there is no "S" in the french word)

Those kind of mistakes I do a lot. Plus "cultural" mistakes, ignoring some words or expressions might have negative connotations...

•••
I once stumbled at a name and because it was approaching the closing minute of auction, I quickly typed and submitted a bid but reality dawned on me when I checked my payment receipt - I have just paid for a name that was poorly spelt as the last letter ''S'' was missing. I thought I could sell it to another anxious buyer like me on auctions and gave it a ridiculous ''buy now'' price that would possibly prompt a would-be buyer to hit the buy button without hesitation but was shocked when the listing was rejected and when I checked, I discovered another error again! One major lesson I learned from my experience is never to go for last minute bid without proper check.

•••
most people make mistake while typing or writing this type of word so its good for buying and its not bad deal.

•••
I do have an intentional typo: Relpy.com; I've had it for a few years.

I think it's a cool brandable on its own -- and it was cheap (Go Daddy BIN).

•••
I do have an intentional typo: Relpy.com; I've had it for a few years.

I think it's a cool brandable on its own -- and it was cheap (Go Daddy BIN).
I don't think I would consider Relpy a typo of Reply.

•••
•••
Currently at NJ:

newcentrury.com
High Bid: $556 USD
Closing Time: 16h 18m
Auction Type: Pending Deletion Auction
Your Last Bid: $0 USD
Bid History: 15 bids
Estibot Valuation: < $100 USD Click for more information

:)

•••
•••
relpy - we do learn a lot through domaining!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back