IT.COM

Microsoft's iPod Killer is Officially Named ZUNE!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Microsoft Argo's Final Name: The Zune?
Our inboxes are on fire with brand new information about the new Microsoft MP3 player. We thought the player was code-named "Argo", but we now got word that the final product name that's been flying around is the "Zune"!

The pic on the right seems to be the final design, which makes the player very cleanβ€”a definite departure from Microsoft's other endeavors. You all remember the video Microsoft's own people made to illustrate their packaging shortcomings? Well, it seems like they haven't learned much, as our tipster tells us the packaging itself is pretty ugly.

More info after the jump!

Our mole also says there's no game menu to be seen on the device, putting those rumors of portable gaming from Xbox branding in possible jeopardy. More game options possibly coming in the 2nd iteration.

There's also mention of a black version of the Zune, being shown on a music video for the band CSS, and the brown version on the cover for "Band of Horses". You can display Album covers for the song you're listening to on the screen, which is "big enough" and looks "pretty good". Paul Oakenfold also has a tie-in deal.

From the looks of things, the Zune will definitely be ready for a Xmas release.

We'll have more information plus possibly the logo and/or UI Shots tomorrow. Stay tuned! – Jason Chen

Thanks Tipster!
Source: Gizmodo

Get your ZUNE domain names now. They're going fast!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
----EDIT,issue closed----

Last edited:
•••
Edit: All sorted.

Last edited:
•••
Nice!! Results 1 - 10 of about 3,520,000 for zune and growing
That also includes the "other" zune...

•••
•••
•••
This tangent brought to you by -db- :p

Look at the other ads...so pimping's new demographic is nascar fans? Would you like a ho with that skoal?

•••
•••
•••
DreamCatcher said:
Zune confirmed: Link

wow def a great post. now let the sparks fly lol

•••
Yessss...Submarin/stealth mode engaged..lol...

•••
•••
DreamCatcher said:
I never would have started this thread if I didn't believe that this would be the final name.

:snaphappy:

Best wishes,
Kimmy

•••
Most delightful and thank you slaughterbeck :)

•••
$200 offer received through networksolutions.com (Certified Offer Service) for zune****.com :|

•••
slaughterbeck said:
DreamCatcher said:
I never would have started this thread if I didn't believe that this would be the final name.

:snaphappy:

Best wishes,
Kimmy

That's good to hear :) We didn't go on a domain buying craze for nothing :p

•••
central said:
$200 offer received through networksolutions.com (Certified Offer Service) for zune****.com :|

thats good news. maybe its microsoft..... :|

•••
ok now ,,,who just filed the TM for zune gear :lol:

•••
•••
..i just reg another one.. B-)

•••
BlackZune.com ;) forgot to mention that one befor

Tv

•••
Who will end up with zune-mobi :wave:

Been watching MobileZune and decided not to reg -- got hit with a bunch of renewals. Is available.

Damn, never dreamed this would be available -- ZuneMobi-com. Wonder if it will be a future good typo?

Last edited:
•••
•••
todalen said:
If you do not mind a hypen in your name. Or if you missed out on a Zune name you wanted, I would say this is a good name.

Zune-Tunes.com Available.

I see someone picked up Zune-Tunes.com?

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

•••
thanks slaughterbeck...

I am hoping the go the route of ALSO adding in the GAME play feature...

so I reg.
ZuneDUDE.com
ZuneCHALLENGE.com
ZuneCHAMP

- - - what's your next TIP for us ?? (wink)

~DomainBeLL (Patricia)

p.s. maybe you would be the PERFECT person to ask this - - - I am thinking of putting something on the SEDO feature auction - but undecided which domain to put up there... - - - would appreaciate anyone with experience glancing at my list to tell me which 3 would be my probably best shot from the list I have here: http://www.domainbell.com

•••
slaughterbeck said:
I wish Microsoft nothing but the best with this new device and I'm sure this is going to be a winner for them. Perhaps a true iPod Killer this time.

-Kimmy

I already saw bunch of names regged on SEDO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back