IT.COM

showcase Metaverse ~ Showcase your names and Discussion Thread~

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DomainBarracksRob

Top Member
Impact
Hey all figured with the recent .io 6 figure sale and the nice .xyz sale by a follow NP member. We should open a showcase and discussion thread here.

Metaverse is a fast growing keyword, term and niche! Let's share and discuss our name and news.

I've only got One to start with but its a GOOD one my favorite ending keyword on most names.

MetaverseHub.com

Welcome! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

(CES starts today... big metaverse news will be coming out all week!)

Oorbit partners with LG to bring interoperable metaverse platform to TVs

Oorbit, which operates a metaverse platform, has partnered with LG Electronics to bring interoperable virtual worlds to LG TVs. Through this partnership, Oorbit and LG will bring immersive games and experiences together and make it easy for consumers to interact in the metaverse.
LG’s endorsement of the metaverse is worth noting, as there are a lot of metaverse skeptics out there. The metaverse is getting a boost at CES 2023, where LG made the announcement, as many companies are talking about it and it is the leading topic identified by PR Newswire for CES press releases.

oorbit-7.jpg

“We’ve been working on the hardware, networking, and software layers to create the metaverse for almost a decade – it just wasn’t called the metaverse back then,” said Pooya Koosha, CTO and Oorbit cofounder, in a statement. “Our proprietary technology is the connective tissue that links virtual worlds together and makes it easy for developers and brands to bring their experiences into the metaverse. Scaling our technology for millions of LG TV customers is the next step in making the metaverse accessible for all.”
Using cloud streaming technology, Oorbit users will be able to enjoy super high-fidelity interconnected virtual worlds and experiences including virtual concerts on Elynxir from Pixelynx and AI generative multiplayer games in Auxworld from Auxuman.

“At LG, we take pride in driving innovation and bringing new, personalized experiences to consumers, allowing them to easily interact” said Jung Sung-hyun, head of content service division at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company, in a statement. “And we are pleased we can achieve that now once again thanks to Oorbit’s vision to give open access to metaverse experiences in one place on our TVs.”

Last edited:
•••

Oorbit partners with LG to bring interoperable metaverse platform to TVs

Oorbit, which operates a metaverse platform, has partnered with LG Electronics to bring interoperable virtual worlds to LG TVs. Through this partnership, Oorbit and LG will bring immersive games and experiences together and make it easy for consumers to interact in the metaverse.
LG’s endorsement of the metaverse is worth noting, as there are a lot of metaverse skeptics out there. The metaverse is getting a boost at CES 2023, where LG made the announcement, as many companies are talking about it and it is the leading topic identified by PR Newswire for CES press releases.

oorbit-7.jpg

“We’ve been working on the hardware, networking, and software layers to create the metaverse for almost a decade – it just wasn’t called the metaverse back then,” said Pooya Koosha, CTO and Oorbit cofounder, in a statement. “Our proprietary technology is the connective tissue that links virtual worlds together and makes it easy for developers and brands to bring their experiences into the metaverse. Scaling our technology for millions of LG TV customers is the next step in making the metaverse accessible for all.”
Using cloud streaming technology, Oorbit users will be able to enjoy super high-fidelity interconnected virtual worlds and experiences including virtual concerts on Elynxir from Pixelynx and AI generative multiplayer games in Auxworld from Auxuman.

“At LG, we take pride in driving innovation and bringing new, personalized experiences to consumers, allowing them to easily interact” said Jung Sung-hyun, head of content service division at LG Electronics Home Entertainment Company, in a statement. “And we are pleased we can achieve that now once again thanks to Oorbit’s vision to give open access to metaverse experiences in one place on our TVs.”
This are great news.

Entertainment is always a good aggregator for new technologies.

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
www.infimeta.io (developed) south Korea. Nft and Metaverse business

www.unimeta.com (developed)
UNIMETA is a web3 decentralized promotion connector. It is a DAO organization united by many KOLs, to help web3 projects find more suitable KOLs and more promotion resources faster and more effectively. The project party and any KOL will be able to communicate, cooperate and settle value point-to-point directly. They will help establish entirely credible cooperation in the form of smart contracts.

Last edited:
•••
to help web3 projects find more suitable KOLs

What are KOLs? (yeah I'm lazy)

(not some lame clothing chain, I take it.)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••

Touch, smell become the next big thing for the metaverse at CES 2023

A firm called OVR Technology showcased a virtual reality headset that contained eight aromas that can be combined to generate various scents.

Touch, smell become the next big thing for the metaverse at CES 2023

The sense of smell has been added to the virtual reality (VR) experience as showcased by metaverse-focused companies at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) 2023.
A recent report from consulting firm McKinsey & Company predicted that the metaverse could potentially generate $5 trillion in value by 2030. However, the report noted that metaverse success would need a more developed human aspect that delivers positive experiences to its users. One of these catalysts may be the integration of the sense of smell and touch into VR experiences which were showcased at the recent CES.
As reported by Fortune, one of the firms called OVR Technology showed a headset with a container for eight aromas that can be mixed together, creating various scents. The VR headset is reportedly scheduled to be released later in 2023. An earlier version that was used for fragrance marketing lets users smell various environments from marshmallow roasting to a bed of roses.
--------------------

My thoughts: This will be great for therapy in the metaverse, relaxation apps, cooking experiences and asmr uses as the technology gets better!

Last edited:
•••
•••
"... the report noted that metaverse success would need a more developed human aspect that delivers positive experiences to its users. One of these catalysts may be the integration of the sense of smell...."
Smells like vaporware...

downloads2.png

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••

(Here is a link to the article for the infographic that @jmaurya shared earlier today. This is coming from Mckinsey! Let the numbers be your guide.)

Metaverse to possibly create $5T in value by 2030: McKinsey report

The success of metaverse will rely on a greater focus on maximizing the human experience aimed at delivering positive experiences for consumers, end-users and citizens.

NEW
While the 2022 bear market grazed off the excitement around the budding crypto sub-ecosystems such as nonfungible tokens (NFTs), the metaverse remains well-positioned for long-term disruption. Considering the myriad consumer and business-centric use cases the metaverse could cater to, a McKinsey & Company report highlights the technology’s potential to generate up to $5 trillion in value by 2030.
For the metaverse to reach its full potential, the report highlighted the need for four technology enablers — devices (augmented reality/virtual reality, sensors, haptics, and peripherals); interoperability and open standards; facilitating platforms; and development tools. However, the success of the metaverse is weighed by a greater focus on maximizing the human experience aimed at delivering positive experiences for consumers, end-users and citizens.
3dc014d7-70eb-4a92-9e51-845f33f29078.png

Last edited:
•••
(This is a well written article with good insights into investment verticles for domain pursuits, my thoughs at the end Full article here)

Metaverse adoption in UAE shows potential across use cases

DUBAI, 1 days ago

There is ample ground in the UAE to leverage ten use cases using metaverse including telehealth; digital twins; augmented tourism; live augmented events; virtual and augmented shopping, and virtual assets.

A new report by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in collaboration with Meta, recognises the key role that the UAE’s advanced market could play in expanding its metaverse participation.

The UAE is rapidly fostering its metaverse ecosystem. Launched in the second half of 2022, Dubai Metaverse Strategy aims to turn Dubai into one the world’s top 10 metaverse economies as it strives to act as a global hub for the metaverse community. Earlier this year, the city hosted the Dubai Metaverse
--------------------

Business leaders, technologists and investors foresee enormous economic potential in the metaverse. As with many aspects of the metaverse, precise figures vary widely depending on the source. BCG estimates a total global metaverse market opportunity to reach up to $400 billion by 2025. Most of this will be in the virtual-asset economy, predicted to rise from $90 billion in 2021 to $150-$300 billion in 2025, with VR/AR/MR ($47 billion), cloud ($28 billion), and network ($19 billion) related products and services comprising the rest of the metaverse market. Beyond revenue upside, the metaverse promises a range of exciting benefits for all types of users as well as the technology companies supporting the back end.

My Thoughts: I wrote about this 2 years ago... one of the biggest oppurtunities in the metaverse is to focus on the metaverse economy. Metaverse/virtual goods and assets which includes Avatars as an asset class.. micro-transaction involving virtual goods that are D2A (Direct to Avatar is a major area of research atm) talking about luxury clothes, playable skins, access passes, mods etc

Another area is the very infrastructure of the metaverse.... mesh and edge networking will be critical for mass deployment. So I've target a few keywords there. This more so the case when we talk about digital twins and an always on connectivity that is needed for interacting in an overlayed AR space. This is also important for Live Events which is going to be a massive area as well.

Other keywords that I like are those focused on an access point... i.e realm, portal, of course keyword+Verse

I think there will be gradient levels of the metaverse fully virtual to more real world leveraging NERF and twins technology AR. The digitization of everything into the metaverse is big.

As the metaverse is going to be "Creator" enabled and empowered by the big dogs, I think that the "creator" keyword is going to increase in popularity.

While non of this is overnite and for sure it does present a wide array of investment oppurtunities for us longer term domain investors. Of course do your own research. I've been passionate about these techs for over 20 years now and excited beyond a domain investment standpoint. Also, don't sleep on the keyword XR... it's all inter-related. Let's go!

•••
(This is a well written article with good insights into investment verticles for domain pursuits, my thoughs at the end Full article here)

DUBAI, 1 days ago

There is ample ground in the UAE to leverage ten use cases using metaverse including telehealth; digital twins; augmented tourism; live augmented events; virtual and augmented shopping, and virtual assets.

A new report by Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in collaboration with Meta, recognises the key role that the UAE’s advanced market could play in expanding its metaverse participation.

The UAE is rapidly fostering its metaverse ecosystem. Launched in the second half of 2022, Dubai Metaverse Strategy aims to turn Dubai into one the world’s top 10 metaverse economies as it strives to act as a global hub for the metaverse community. Earlier this year, the city hosted the Dubai Metaverse
--------------------

Business leaders, technologists and investors foresee enormous economic potential in the metaverse. As with many aspects of the metaverse, precise figures vary widely depending on the source. BCG estimates a total global metaverse market opportunity to reach up to $400 billion by 2025. Most of this will be in the virtual-asset economy, predicted to rise from $90 billion in 2021 to $150-$300 billion in 2025, with VR/AR/MR ($47 billion), cloud ($28 billion), and network ($19 billion) related products and services comprising the rest of the metaverse market. Beyond revenue upside, the metaverse promises a range of exciting benefits for all types of users as well as the technology companies supporting the back end.

My Thoughts: I wrote about this 2 years ago... one of the biggest oppurtunities in the metaverse is to focus on the metaverse economy. Metaverse/virtual goods and assets which includes Avatars as an asset class.. micro-transaction involving virtual goods that are D2A (Direct to Avatar is a major area of research atm) talking about luxury clothes, playable skins, access passes, mods etc

Another area is the very infrastructure of the metaverse.... mesh and edge networking will be critical for mass deployment. So I've target a few keywords there. This more so the case when we talk about digital twins and an always on connectivity that is needed for interacting in an overlayed AR space. This is also important for Live Events which is going to be a massive area as well.

Other keywords that I like are those focused on an access point... i.e realm, portal, of course keyword+Verse

I think there will be gradient levels of the metaverse fully virtual to more real world leveraging NERF and twins technology AR. The digitization of everything into the metaverse is big.

As the metaverse is going to be "Creator" enabled and empowered by the big dogs, I think that the "creator" keyword is going to increase in popularity.

While non of this is overnite and for sure it does present a wide array of investment oppurtunities for us longer term domain investors. Of course do your own research. I've been passionate about these techs for over 20 years now and excited beyond a domain investment standpoint. Also, don't sleep on the keyword XR... it's all inter-related. Let's go!
@BostonDomainer is being generous here sharing all of that.
People should appreciate it 💕

•••

DUBAI, 1 days ago

--------------------

Very well said my friend. @Boston Domainer Thanks for taking time to put this together. Lot's of alpha there for those that really read it and absorb it. It's coming......

•••
I wish I could grab all you metaverse believers and shake you. It’s bullshit.

Life is about real experiences and exploring real spaces. If you need a device to experience the world and life’s pleasures… 🤦‍♂️

•••

Life is about real experiences and exploring real spaces. If you need a device to experience the world and life’s pleasures… 🤦‍♂️

Keith, you are not the average end user.

Devices will be used for real world Metaverse meaning mostly immersive experiences, smart mirrors, arglasses etc and VR based experiences.
But the main part of the Metaverse until other parts will be ready is the use of PCs, webxr experiences no glasses but 3d based websites.

•••
Keith, you are not the average end user.

Devices will be used for real world Metaverse meaning mostly immersive experiences, smart mirrors, arglasses etc and VR based experiences.
But the main part of the Metaverse until other parts will be ready is the use of PCs, webxr experiences no glasses but 3d based websites.
Is your phone 3D? If not, who cares.

The world is going completely mobile and the thought of headsets or 3D is silly. Not going to happen.

•••
Is your phone 3D? If not, who cares.

The world is going completely mobile and the thought of headsets or 3D is silly. Not going to happen.

Roblox is the beginning.
Headsets and glasses are coming as well.

Inevitable.

•••

The fundamental flaw here is that you think you have to believe in every future development, or use it yourself, in order to be successful in domain investing.

•••
Roblox is the beginning.
Headsets and glasses are coming as well.

Inevitable.
My kid plays Roblox daily on an iPad, no headset or glasses.

The idea that the masses will use headsets to explore the web is ridiculous. Won’t happen. The web is information based, no glasses required.

That said, I can see the gaming side of tech being more immersive. That’s a small niche though. Your everyday consumer just wants quick info and search without hassle.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back