Dynadot

metafinance24.com - received TM violation 'newsletter'

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Andreas B.

Top Member
Impact
The TM violation mail comes from phishlabs.com, regarding metafinance24.com
Btw I also own metapayments24.com, metabanks24.com - so, do they want to have them also for free??!

Honestly, I must Lough-out-Loud about that.

I know that some people say: You must take that serious.

But:
a) Zuck publicly stated, that this time, there won't be a run for legal rights, TM registrations etc.! -
regarding the metaverse, which belongs to all of us :xf.cool:

b) More important: What if I want to build my very own ecosystem with that?!
I own a lot of meta( )24.com domains,
covering many important keywords for it.

And naturally, also for the finance sector.

I am looking relaxed into this.

However, I am not narrow-minded.
They may buy it from me for a high xx,xxx figure.

Best,
Andy

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes Z. has realized his mistake. He'll have to spend a lot of time on legalities. There are 5000 registered companies in the UK and USA alone with Meta in their name . Meta is a dictionary name of ancient Greek origin used widely in science ( metadata; metaanalysis,metamorphosis) that has been in existence for 2000 years .
He came up with a problem in Canada whereby another company called Meta would not relent uless he paid $20 million.
Stupid.Also the 'infinity logo' is ridiculous. Its used by hundreds of companies already including one by Microsoft.

A bad move.

•••
why would there be value in these 24 keyword domains...

•••
why would there be value in these 24 keyword domains...
tell that check24.com

europe's biggest price comparison platform, for finances, insurances, mobile etc.

There are many other big IT companies, using 24 in their name.

•••
tell that check24.com

europe's biggest price comparison platform, for finances, insurances, mobile etc.

There are many other big IT companies, using 24 in their name.

so if some 1word plus 24 domain worth a lot then every niche plus keyword plus 24 is worth alot too..come on..these names have no value. in the 10 or so years a smooth enuf metaverse comes around do u think typing domain names will have any place there anyway... and between now and then.. the stuff that will sell will be metaverse pay and meta pay not metapay24

•••
so if some 1word plus 24 domain worth a lot then every niche plus keyword plus 24 is worth alot too..come on..these names have no value. in the 10 or so years a smooth enuf metaverse comes around do u think typing domain names will have any place there anyway... and between now and then.. the stuff that will sell will be metaverse pay and meta pay not metapay24
germanys biggest rental/housing market:

immobilien scout 24 / de

2 words, + 24

Though, I understand completely what you mean -

but the metaverse, disrupt/ decentralized economy will be the next big thing; the web3.0

Btw, I like metapay24.com. But I don't own it :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
yea I think it's long shot for 24..

doesnt 247 sell more than 24 anyway?

•••
yea I think it's long shot for 24..

doesnt 247 sell more than 24 anyway?
don't think so, you can look it up ;

Last edited:
•••
Here's the problem.

Zucc might not be right but his lawyers are an army. And they will be against yours = you can't match that.

Odds are NOT in our favor.

•••
Here's the problem.

Zucc might not be right but his lawyers are an army. And they will be against yours = you can't match that.

Odds are NOT in our favor.
Yep, might be.
I'm ready to dispute it at the court with them.

Either they buy it from me, like any other one has to, or we'll face it at the court.

No problems with that.

Edit: Why downvotes?
...when I'm ready to fight for the right of many domain holders?

(unmasks a lot)

Last edited:
•••
Yep, might be.

Either they buy it from me, like any other one has to, or we'll face it at the court.

No problems with that.
Yeah, well for us from Europe, or elsewhere, it's a problem to appear in an US court.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Yep, might be.

No problems with that.

Edit: Why downvotes?
...when I'm ready to fight for the right of many domain holders?

(unmasks a lot)

who told ya downvotes are for yer fight and not cause 24 keyword just won't sell

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Yes Z. has realized his mistake. He'll have to spend a lot of time on legalities. There are 5000 registered companies in the UK and USA alone with Meta in their name . Meta is a dictionary name of ancient Greek origin used widely in science ( metadata; metaanalysis,metamorphosis) that has been in existence for 2000 years .
He came up with a problem in Canada whereby another company called Meta would not relent uless he paid $20 million.
Stupid.Also the 'infinity logo' is ridiculous. Its used by hundreds of companies already including one by Microsoft.

A bad move.
Yeah, well for us from Europe, or elsewhere, it's a problem to appear in an US court.
It goes to UDPR first ; the mediation agency for free dispute resolution .

•••
It goes to UDPR first ; the mediation agency for free dispute resolution .
Not necessarily.

If you have actually developed the site, it might go straight to court. It could be nasty.

•••
•••
Yes if it’s a site that is being trademarked I agree. I’m just speaking from my experience . I did not have a site and the domain wasn’t Trademarked so the other parties legal team just asked UDPR to intervene . I just stated it was a mistake and gave them the domain transfer for free . Case closed . No cost except the domain I gave up which cost $10 . But the question remains what can Zuckerberg do about the 5000 companies that are already trademarked and registered in the UK and US well before his wife TM’d meta.com ? The key legal issue is that the word meta is in the dictionary and has been in existence for 2000 years .

Last edited:
•••
hope you can sale nice offer

•••
How do you know it's FB?

•••
How do you know it's FB?
i don't.
just had to mention :xf.wink:

(as meta platforms inc is the one, that could say: everything above my name (meta) is copyright/TM violation;
and Zuck told publicly there won't be any lawsuits etc. regarding metaverse brandings, TM etc.)

•••
i don't.
just had to mention :xf.wink:

(as meta platforms inc is the one, that could say: everything above my name (meta) is copyright/TM violation;
and Zuck told publicly there won't be any lawsuits etc. regarding metaverse brandings, TM etc.)

Thanks. Given its phishlabs who contacted you I seriously doubt FB is the complainant. It doesn't match their MO.

Keep that in mind as defending the domain against someone holding a TM for metafinance requires a totally different approach and a positive outcome for the defendant is no where near from guaranteed.

•••
•••
In the end I can say, that nothing happened, no lawyers etc. came after me...

It was just a teethless try to catch some good domains for free.

Just like happened to others...

•••
Back