Domain Empire

Mesothelioma

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Could someone expain to me wht this is and why people pay so much for this keyword?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Lawyers

This is a specific type of cancer that I believe affects the lungs. There are a lot of lawsuits involved generating considerable windfalls for law firms. So these groups pay considerable amounts of money in their search for victims and, ideally, potential clients. Apparently the term was generating at one time $100 per click, but now I hear it's around $50. I would suspect Google to look over these sites very carefully though. The new money maker is now Vioxx so I hear.

•••
spikedo said:
This is a specific type of cancer that I believe affects the lungs. There are a lot of lawsuits involved generating considerable windfalls for law firms. So these groups pay considerable amounts of money in their search for victims and, ideally, potential clients. Apparently the term was generating at one time $100 per click, but now I hear it's around $50. I would suspect Google to look over these sites very carefully though. The new money maker is now Vioxx so I hear.

It's specifically associated with 'Asbestosis' and there have been multi million dollar lawsuits surrounding it.

Lux

•••
Top bid apparently for mesothelioma lawyer is $102, someone on Namepros said.
Huge huge huge moneymaker in terms of lawsuits - often lawyers are suing the crap out of very large, very wealthy corporations - and the probability of success is very high.

•••
My industry (Law), and I can't tell you how happy the owner of this site has to be at your making the keywords at the bottom of this page the expensive ones ;)

Basically, 40% is typical, so each multi-million dollar settlement means millions to the lawyer. Paying $100 to find a client is pocket change by comparison.

I run a few programs that connect potential clients and other lawyers, as I do not do pharma suits.

-Allan

•••
Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I should build a website about Mesothelioma, lol. What other keywords are out there that people are paying silly prices on?

•••
Top overture bid for the keyword "Mesothelioma" is $160. I don't see how those bidders can recoup that kind of PPC cost. Perhaps if these were per sale/signup, it would make sense, but per click? IMO, there's just too much temptation for wrongdoing.

•••
I dont think the overture results match the adsense results, however.
also keyword Mesothelioma brings in 750 searches apx a day and there is a lot competition. First page of results are filled with non profits, cancer research, and govt sites not to mention hardcore seo people.

But give it a shot might as well- it is interesting none the less.

•••
How does one find out what the top bid for a keyword is?

•••
•••
armstrong said:
Top overture bid for the keyword "Mesothelioma" is $160. I don't see how those bidders can recoup that kind of PPC cost. Perhaps if these were per sale/signup, it would make sense, but per click? IMO, there's just too much temptation for wrongdoing.

Yes. But you have to look at it from the other side of the checkbook. All it takes is one great client to make another few million. So $160 seems like even a 1 out of 10,000 conversion rate keeps you in the green easily.

Still, people looking for a quick buck on these definitely have caused the overall to drop. If you keep looking, by the way, there are keywords that pay even more than that... ;)

-Allan

•••
Having sites related to these keywords is really nice... I was testing a few things and I ended up getting a $71 click the other day.
I'm thinking of starting a new niche website for this sole reason ;)

•••
csmaster2005 said:
Having sites related to these keywords is really nice... I was testing a few things and I ended up getting
I'm thinking of starting a new niche website for this sole reason ;)

If you use Google on any of your sites that have been advertised on this site, you should be very glad you didn't post the amount of that click in your post.

-Allan

Last edited:
•••
IAmAllanShore said:
If you use Google on any of your sites that have been advertised on this site, you should be very glad you didn't post the amount of that click in your post.

-Allan

Don't quite get it. What are you trying to say?

•••
NP41215 said:
Don't quite get it. What are you trying to say?

Google AdSense's terms forbid the disclosure of earnings from their program.

•••
taheny said:
Google AdSense's terms forbid the disclosure of earnings from their program.

Exactly.

-Allan

•••
Just an example of what over production can do to a once strong keyword:
Mesothelioma Treatment
Information on treatment options, cancer centers, clinical trials, newsletter, legal rights and other useful links for those who suffer from Mesothelioma. Fill out form for more info.
www.mesotheliomaweb.org
(Advertiser's Max Bid: $48.05)

Down, from $160 in mid December.

-Allan

•••
Would it not now only get less though because of the amount of people who are advertising such an item.

IAmAllanShore said:
Just an example of what over production can do to a once strong keyword:
Mesothelioma Treatment
Information on treatment options, cancer centers, clinical trials, newsletter, legal rights and other useful links for those who suffer from Mesothelioma. Fill out form for more info.
www.mesotheliomaweb.org
(Advertiser's Max Bid: $48.05)

Down, from $160 in mid December.

-Allan

•••
dc1pop said:
Would it not now only get less though because of the amount of people who are advertising such an item.

Yes, that's 1/2 of what I meant by "overproduction." More websites, more 'content', and more clickfraud dropped this one down for everyone (The websites I'm not upset at all about, it's the copied/fake/wrong content and clickfraud that really killed this one).
-Allan

•••
I want vioxx google adsense ads to show up on my site,
how do i do this?

•••
How to get Vioxx ads show up? Have a page that is about Vioxx ;)
-Allan

•••
•••
•••
oh,I made a new site anyway,
check it out,the links in my sig

•••
petertdavis said:
Thanks for the replies. Perhaps I should build a website about Mesothelioma, lol. What other keywords are out there that people are paying silly prices on?

Gave me an idea, I decided to start a Mesothelioma page as a SEO project. Seems like a great idea to to use high paying keywords to test SEO techniques.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back