IT.COM

domain mega.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

samhstein

Impact
hi,

had it forever and ready to move on, gd says about 15k, wondering if that is even close and
any recommendations on the best place to sell?

thanks, sam

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice domain, but think you may have held onto it for too long.

Companies (and investors) would rather go with extensions like .io/.xyz over .net nowadays.

To answer your question, is it worth around $15k today? I would say yes (even though i'm stuggling to think of an obvious use for it), but think it may have been worth more and had more demand 5-10 years ago.

Last edited:
•••
mega .io sold for $10k a little over 9 years ago. @Kingslayer is right about the demand for .net. I'm thinking mid to upper $xxxx.

A couple suggestions:
It's listed for $100k on GoDaddy auctions. Lower the price.

Put up a for sale page on the domain. When I go to it now, I get:
This site can’t provide a secure connection
mega.net uses an unsupported protocol.
ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH

•••
hmm,

i didnt put it up on godaddy..... will put up a for sale on the site. appreciate
the info.

thanks, sam

•••
If you put it on Dan, it goes on godaddy too if you listed it with BIN.

Anyway , I think you can go for low XX,XXX $ and see what happens.

•••
If it's not your listing, you can have it removed so you can list it yourself. I don't recall if it will remove the other listing automatically when you try to list it. If it doesn't, you'll have to email auctions@ godaddy.com to have it removed.

•••
$900 to $3.9k = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

Last edited:
•••
hi,

had it forever and ready to move on, gd says about 15k, wondering if that is even close and
any recommendations on the best place to sell?

thanks, sam
About a third of that. .net has never been more than a secondary option, and it's fallen out of favor since.

It's not a bad domain. The problem is that it's not the unless you own mega.com you can't brand yourself Mega, so it's not really a domain for the industry.

•••
Hi,
Really nice name. I'm sure it would generate interest on any marketplace. I'll stick my neck out and say around mid five figures wouldn't be inconceivable. I'd take it over the .io or .xyz every time.

•••
it all depends reseller here probably bid up to low 4fig... but right buyer 10 to 30k...so u never had offer or tried sell in how many years?

•••
It is certainly very memorable. With so much on streaming these days I think you've got a wide market even today. Seeing you've held it for so long. Don't be in a rush to short change yourself. This domain has plenty of life in it yet. Personally I would be expecting a final price around 30k..

It could even find itself drawn towards meta developments, at the right distance of course

Last edited:
•••
Nice domain. I would sell it for low to mid five figures to a enduser.

•••
got landing page up, any recommendations on where to list / sell it to an end user? really no hurry, just no need to keep in anymore....

btw, have another old one eclectic.com that is in the same boat ;)

thanks, sam

•••
List them everywhere
Afternic , sedo , Dan

Eclectic pretty cool too , you can go for higher with that one

•••
got landing page up
Just my opinion.. Keep it simple. Lose the clutter and focus on the name. I'd have it lower case, slightly bigger, and remove the "https://" - it's not needed. Instead of the ribbon, the "Offers over 10k" could be the contact panel heading. I'd also remove the last two lines of the description - how would you enforce the 7 day rule? .. and using the contact form is obvious.

The more I think of it, the more I like this name. Best of luck with it (y)

•••
Wow, well i'm certainly impressed with your first two. reads like you've been sitting on some very nice domains.
just looked up Eclectic to remind myself of the words coverage.

Both domains would require a company with a project and investment capital, but, so do most

Last edited:
•••
I think it worth noting, mainly for new domainers, These are Not 'business in a box' type of domains that domainers generally gravitate to, But, very suitable and recognisable for one off major projects, hence the value. They generally take longer to sell at a good price because the available/potential buyers market is limited

Last edited:
•••
Great domain. Easily worth $XX,XXX+.

Brad

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back