Dynadot

purchases Medidata.com domain name changed hands for $600,000 USD

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Thanks for sharing

Congrats to both on completed deal

•••
•••
•••
•••
That's a big one... what influenced the sale at that price?

•••
•••
Thanks just rasied my price on my data name ever higher now

•••
Thanks just rasied my price on my data name ever higher now
Data and Analytics are the future currencies. And businesses are now understanding that whoever owns the largest and most relevant data will practically rule the world.

Last edited:
•••
Handregged the one below not long ago.. Like it more now.

Qde0qek.png

•••
Great sale, good sharing!(y)

•••
Estibot values Medidata.com at $18k. Presumably before this sale. There must have been a broker involved in this sale. How do you price a domain valued at $18k (and probably cost a lot less) for 1 million and settle on $600k? Perhaps I'm undervaluing my domains :)

•••
That’s a one, and done type sale. Right user, right budget, how often does this happen. The power of no must have been in full effect.

•••
That’s a one, and done type sale. Right user, right budget, how often does this happen. The power of no must have been in full effect.

I could retire with a sale like that :)

•••
I could retire with a sale like that :)
I see this with Mike Mann type sales, like the ones he sells for $25-$30k, could I have said no at $5k, $10k, $15k etc... it becomes really hard on some subpar names, but those are the deals that puts you over your renewal, and gives you powder to make some big name purchases that will come in handle down the road.

•••
I see this with Mike Mann type sales, like the ones he sells for $25-$30k, could I have said no at $5k, $10k, $15k etc... it becomes really hard on some subpar names, but those are the deals that puts you over your renewal, and gives you powder to make some big name purchases that will come in handle down the road.

Agree. It could change your domaining lifestyle forever more :)

•••
I think medidata does not cost 600k :D

•••
What a great price. Name was regged in 1996.

•••
Prior owners were using it to redirect to their Swiss site, https://www.medidata.ch and the new owners have a market cap of nearly $6 billion: https://www.google.com/search?q=NASDAQ:+MDSO

So, those presumably influenced the valuation.

This is an end-user to end-user sale.

The seller was well aware it is a great name - they were already using it! And presumably they did not need to sell, this was a windfall and only worth taking if the price was really persuasive.

•••
I don't like the name to be honest, but it fits their business, so it's a win-win deal :)

•••
Man, i wouldve sold that name for $1000 had I not known better :xf.laugh:

•••
GOOD, so datafeed becomes more expensive

•••
Back