Dynadot

Meaningless one month old domain with insane bids !?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ikhub

Top Member
Impact
Remember Donald Trump's tweet "Despite the constant negative press covfefe".

Someone regged the domain covfefe-com and it's on sale at flippa with 11 bids at $4050 at the time of writing !!

What do you think of the things going on in the minds of the bidders who want this?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am going to open a covfefe shop with it.

You cannot buy that sort of free advertising

5k is cheap in the advertising world.

•••
I'm just thinking I wish I though to reg it myself have no idea of an end use but would be fun to have a domain at an auction price like that

•••
•••
I think trump is starting a whole new industry. If you want to get in on the action FatFingerNames.com is available for reg fee + a thank you to Kuffy. :)

•••
Lol if i held it, i wouldn't let it go for less that 20 to 30k..
That's how life works, people get lucky...

•••

Someone regged the domain covfefe-com and it's on sale at flippa with 11 bids at at $ 4050 at the time of writing !!

What do you think of the things going on in the minds of the bidders who want this?

The amount of search traffic and loads of free marketing for that domain gives it considerable value.

Imagine when the new owner puts up a site on Covfefe-.com ... he can make it into any site he wants, then imagine what happens when one of the larger news channels gets wind that a site is up.... they just need to mention it once or twice and the traffic will spike...

Imagine turning the site into a trump parody website, making fun of trump... would probably get mentioned alot on news stations that are anti trump... could even end up getting some decent purchase offers from Trumps marketing team...

Last edited:
•••
If I wanted it, I'd wait and pick it up from next year's drop list. :)

•••
Marco Rubio and Ivanka Trump just brought Covfefe back into the limelight with these latest tweets.

https://twitter.com/marcorubio

imgres-5.jpg

•••
Someone knows there will be other misspellings from the Don, it's best to cash out while there is color on the iron tip. 4k is cheap if it the perfect dot com. Would be an instant parody domain with traffic.

Last edited:
•••

Someone regged the domain covfefe-com and it's on sale at flippa with 11 bids at at $ 4050 at the time of writing !!

Don't get surprised thinking it's insane.
Insane is the new normal.
Sanity left the building long ago.

I wish I could set up Google Alerts for jibber-jabber, and gobbledygook cause
these bulls**t = trends and,
these trends = money.

•••
11 bids at at $ 4050

If I had ten grand lying around I would bid that right now...insane money to be made with that site if it were developed and marketed the right way.

Last edited:
•••
If I had ten grand lying around I would bid that right now...insane money to be made with that site if it were developed and marketed the right away.

Exactly

•••
paper_large.jpg

I would go as high as 5k USD for it but that's my limit.

Would work great with my www.coffyy.com

Edit for clarity: I am showing how I would market covfefe.com not flogging my domain.

Last edited:
•••
If I had ten grand lying around I would bid that right now...insane money to be made with that site if it were developed and marketed the right away.

If you're smart you could make that money within days, you got to look at every perspective within business. Maybe it's not a long term play but even if i have 20k to invest in it imo with the right strategy you'll make your money back and some more..
This example is not about reselling the domain but much more than that. (making the most of the domain name whilst the hype lasts).

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you're smart could make that money within days, you got to look at every perspective in business. Maybe it's not a long term play but even if i have 20k to invest in it imo with the right strategy that could be made in days.

This exampe is not about reselling the domain but much more than that.

Agreed...probably would be a short term winner, but as someone else said look at jibjab and its longevity.

This site would/could be relevant for the next 3 plus years...wouldn't it be interesting if a few of us here got together and bought it?

(if some of you do and do not include me I will be hurt...as thanks, a small tribute from the many thousands you will make in the first 30 days would be appreciated!) :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I'm not trying to be rude, but totally irrelevant to this thread..

Nope not really because I would sell the domain for a coffee shop.

A lot of the memes compare covfefe to coffee of some sort.

•••
Agreed...probably would be a short term winner, but as someone else said look at jibjab and its longevity.

This site would/could be relevant for the next 3 plus years...wouldn't it be interesting if a few of us here got together and bought it?

(if some of you do and do not include me I will be hurt...as thanks, a small tribute from the many thousands you will make in the first 30 days would be appreciated!) :xf.smile:

Depends on the people who invest in it.. If you have a guy like me, who are impatient and have no business sense whatsoever a partnership is a loss.. However, if you know what you are going to do with it and as a bonus find the perfect guy who has the same skill sets and the vision (If you can't afford it), then you've found gold.

Make money for an year, 2, 3, however long it lasts and easily you will make a very good return if you paid the right amount.

Last edited:
•••
Nope not really because I would sell the domain for a coffee shop.

A lot of the memes compare covfefe to coffee of some sort.

I'm not disregarding the fact that it is an amazing brandable, but the topic was totally different..

•••
I'm not disregarding the fact that it is an amazing brandable, but the topic was totally different..
Yes but I said I would go as high as 5k for the domain to go along with a similar one I have.

So relevance is there.... I was showing how the domain could be branded if I used it.

•••
Yes but I said I would go as high as 5k for the domain to go along with a similar one I have.

So relevance is there.... I was showing how the domain could be branded if I used it.

Gottcha :)

•••
I'd buy it in anticipation of the future Exposed Trump (naughty) tapes that will come from Russia. very very soon. Posted on Wikileaks.

•••
wo wo wo : covfefeleaks.com
covfefetube.com (insane but true )
covfefetv.com
covfefe.tv

The keyword will die a slow death.. we domineers use the traffic for our own good :)

Last edited:
•••
I'm just thinking I wish I though to reg it myself have no idea of an end use but would be fun to have a domain at an auction price like that
lol. i was a few days late to registering it. I didn't quite catch up when the buzz was on until I saw news and people, including @Eric Lyon using it in their post lol...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back