Domain Empire
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
Following McDonald’s announcement that they are no longer using pink slime in their hamburger patties it must be noted that McDonald’s STILL uses a number of questionable chemical additives are still being used on a daily basis. Some of these additives include:

1. Propylene glycol: a substance similar to that found in antifreeze. The International Business Times calls this additive the “less toxic” version of ethylene glycol, which is a dangerous anti-freeze.

2. Ammonium sulfate: used to encourage dough to rise in fast food buns. The chemical composition of this additive is akin to the wash for meat trimmings.

3. Azodicarbonamide: An odorless synthetic chemical mostly used in the production of foamed plastics.

4. Sodium Acid pyrophosphate: A buffering agent, used for both food and industrial purposes. Its food function: Maintain color, improve water holding capacity, maintain stability during heating and other functions. Found in chicken nuggets.

5. Calcium silicate: The white powder is often used to prevent bricks, roof tiles and cement from caking. It is found in Angus beef patty and seasonings.

http://politicalblindspot.com/5-disgusting-by-products-besides-pink-slime-still-in-mcdonalds-meat/

Another article:

Hamburger Chef Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald’s Burgers “Unfit for human consumption”

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I never even knew they used pink slime in their hamburgers. I really should stop eating there food. But it's just so good. I especially love their Big Macs. lol

Chad

I love Big Macs, but I make my own and they taste exactly the same, plus I buy fresh ground beef so I Ass/U/Me it is safer ;)
One secret is to buy Dehydrated Onions, that is what McDs uses and they last forever plus you can use them in other recipes.

Here is the recipe I normally use,

Special Sauce:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons French dressing
4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
1 Tablespoon minced white onion
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt

Mix all sauce ingredients together until combined and let chill in the fridge.

Sandwich
1 regular-sized sesame seed bun
2 regular-sized plain bottom buns
2 beef patties (1 3/4 to 2 ounces each, flattened to bun size)
2 tablespoons Special Sauce (recipe below)
2 teaspoons finely-minced onions
1 slice American cheese
3 dill pickle slices
1/4 cup of washed, shredded iceberg lettuce (drained)

Directions:

To assemble, starting from the bottom: bottom bun, special sauce, shredded lettuce, hamburger patty, two dill pickles, slice of cheese, additional bottom bun, special sauce, shredded lettuce, hamburger patty, two dill pickles, top bun.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqVCk2oDpSE"]How to clone a Big Mac - with Todd Wilbur - YouTube[/ame]

Here is the recipe from McDs
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcu4Bj3xEyI"]"What is in the sauce that is in the Big Mac?" - YouTube[/ame]

Good luck
:tu:

Last edited:
•••
Eat McDonald's for 3 months, lose 37 pounds "but he followed strict nutritional limits laid out by his students. That included limits of 2,000 calories a day and attempts to stick with daily recommended allowances for protein, carbohydrates, cholesterol and several other nutritional restrictions."

•••
Lovin it?
How about slingin smack in Happy Meals.

Ahoy Buccaneers
It's lip "smackin" good!

Happy-Meal.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/29/justice/mcdonalds-happy-meals-heroin/index.html

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Remember that the cheapest way of eating is cooking your own food. Let's not mention it's the healthiest too

•••
Earthworms? Fact or proganda?
Still interesting read!
http://dailybuzzlive.com/archives/5413

McDonald’s has assured its consumers that its product contains 100% beef. They are allowed to do this because McDonald’s buys their “beef” from a company called “100% Beef Company”, making it possible for McDonald’s to call beef byproducts and soy products “100% beef”.

•••
McDonald's Transparency Campaign Revealed 17 Ingredients in Their French Fries

"It would be fair to assume that there are three ingredients in McDonald’s French fries: potatoes, oil, and salt. But if you assumed that you’d be far from correct."
There are 17. Yes. S e v e n t e e n!

For example:
"TBHQ is a petroleum-based, butane-like (yes, that’s lighter fluid!) ingredient used as a preservative. It has been linked to asthma, skin conditions, hormone disruption, and in long-term animal studies to cancer and damage to DNA."

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/shocking-ingredients-in-mcdonalds-french-fries.html
http://preventdisease.com/news/13/0...ed-17-Ingredients-in-Their-French-Fries.shtml

:(

•••
McDicks is definitely not healthy, but I do enjoy it once in a blue moon (like once every year or two).

Like everything unhealthy, if it's practiced in moderation, you'll be fine.

•••
Still gonna order a double quarter pounder. Think about it ever eat a hotdog? if you knew what was really in them or how the meat was handled you wouldn't.

•••
•••
I stopped eating all McDonalds years ago. It does not taste good to me anymore.

•••
greek souvlaki only
who cares about hamburgers?

•••
Estimate it's been 10 years or so since I had a meal at that disgusting place.

•••
I haven't been there for a long time

•••
•••
That falsehood has been around a long time. It's not true, and dailybuzzlive isn't real news.
No argument here....did like this part..``McDonald’s has assured its consumers that its product contains 100% beef. They are allowed to do this because McDonald’s buys their “beef” from a company called “100% Beef Company”, making it possible for McDonald’s to call beef byproducts and soy products “100% beef”. from that article... too bad I couldn't start a company called 100% Real American Beef Company and sell to McDonalds

•••
I liked the part where McD's reason they didn't use worms was that they cost more per pound than beef.

•••
•••
I liked the part where McD's reason they didn't use worms was that they cost more per pound than beef.
Why more per pound?
Is it because, locally grown earthworms are below standards, so they have to import?
Are worms more expensive to feed? (heard their food is dirt cheap...lol)
More expensive to slaughter?
More expensive to cut up?
More expensive to ship?

•••
I'm glad i never ate from MCD ....they only serve old crap which i don't know why people love to eat ...i would never eat there food even if they offer it for free .

•••
The earthworm thing is common sense. Imagine trying to find 20 tons of earthworms on a regular basis. And then having a processing facility where you can secretly mix them in with the beef. McDonald's is almost certainly safer than the countless local cheapo places that are less famous. If only because they are constantly fighting rumors like this.

•••
No more...Mac No more. Unhealthy!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back