IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NPer

Very Allergic to CURRYTop Member
Impact
Following McDonald’s announcement that they are no longer using pink slime in their hamburger patties it must be noted that McDonald’s STILL uses a number of questionable chemical additives are still being used on a daily basis. Some of these additives include:

1. Propylene glycol: a substance similar to that found in antifreeze. The International Business Times calls this additive the “less toxic” version of ethylene glycol, which is a dangerous anti-freeze.

2. Ammonium sulfate: used to encourage dough to rise in fast food buns. The chemical composition of this additive is akin to the wash for meat trimmings.

3. Azodicarbonamide: An odorless synthetic chemical mostly used in the production of foamed plastics.

4. Sodium Acid pyrophosphate: A buffering agent, used for both food and industrial purposes. Its food function: Maintain color, improve water holding capacity, maintain stability during heating and other functions. Found in chicken nuggets.

5. Calcium silicate: The white powder is often used to prevent bricks, roof tiles and cement from caking. It is found in Angus beef patty and seasonings.

http://politicalblindspot.com/5-disgusting-by-products-besides-pink-slime-still-in-mcdonalds-meat/

Another article:

Hamburger Chef Jamie Oliver Proves McDonald’s Burgers “Unfit for human consumption”

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is probably how they make that "pink slim" additive:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oif83kQ0vcc"]How To Create Pink Slime - YouTube[/ame]

•••
Another article: [URL="http://po...ald’s Burgers “Unfit for human consumption”

"In one of his colorful demonstrations, Chef Jamie Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods."

:o 8-X I'm glad I only tried McDonalds hamburgers on 2-3 occasions in the late 70's of the 20th century.

•••
"In one of his colorful demonstrations, Chef Jamie Oliver demonstrates to children how nuggets are made. After selecting the best parts of the chicken, the remains (fat, skin and internal organs) are processed for these fried foods."

:o 8-X I'm glad I only tried McDonalds hamburgers on 2-3 occasions in the late 70's of the 20th century.

I used to go to McD's once in a while. And when I went there, it was usually by force... kinda like I was on the edge of a hunger breakdown. It was an emergency food for me-the last resort.

But for a good couple of years now, I have been eating food prepared by myself. That way I can ensure the quality and taste.

It's an effort I guess, but it's worth it. I enjoy cooking and creating my own recipes.

I believe "you are what you eat". It's what you get your energy from.

Those chicken nuggets-made up of the throw away fats and organs... that's what some folk eat everyday...

•••
I never even knew they used pink slime in their hamburgers. I really should stop eating there food. But it's just so good. I especially love their Big Macs. lol

Chad

•••
Just had to add this,,
1146462_618615748171144_132299536_n.jpg

just a little humor/humour..

•••
I never even knew they used pink slime in their hamburgers. I really should stop eating there food. But it's just so good. I especially love their Big Macs. lol

Chad

That pink slime is wack slime!

Btw-it doesn't taste good. To me it tasted like cardboard, and never gave me an "I'm lovin' it" feeling. You eat the stuff and you don't feel satisfied, but strange. You aren't hungry, but at the same time, you just feel wack.

You may not notice it, because that BigMac got you good. :D

If you stop-you will see a difference in your health for sure.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Once in a great while, I will go to one of those fast food outlets to get a cup of coffee.

That's it.

If you check, next time you are at a grocery store, the ingredients of all processed foods, mixes, cans of whatever, you would be surprised at what is in them.

Stick with bacon, steak, beer, and coffee.
Can't go wrong!

Hahahahahaha...

•••
If you stop-you will see a difference in your health for sure.
I haven't had any mcdonalds in a week now. And I do find I feel better when not eating that crap.

I need to stop eating that crap for good. Maybe I can pull it off. :)

Chad

As for the Mcweiner. No I wouldn't be able to order that with a straight face. :)

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
In regards to the opening thread, I only go to McDonalds maybe one every 3 months. When I do decide to go it's because I have a craving for their french fries or iced coffee, other than that I opt out of drinking their soda, deserts or any hamburgers for that matter. It really is not healthy and the food has a lot of calories. For example their Big Breakfast with Hotcakes has 1,090 calories! That's already half of what a typical person should intake everyday.

Here below is a breakdown of everything they offer and the calories associated with it.
http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/food_quality/nutrition_choices.html

I am definitely not Lovin It except for the french fires and Iced Coffee with sugar free vanilla flavoring!

•••

I haven't had any mcdonalds in a week now. And I do find I feel better when not eating that crap.

I need to stop eating that crap for good. Maybe I can pull it off. :)

Chad

As for the Mcweiner. No I wouldn't be able to order that with a straight face. :)
lol NJ yeah that pic made me laugh...especially Ronald McDonalds smile...way to sinister lol

Depends on whether you're a Republican or a Democrat :D
lol I am a Canadian so when it come to politics on the internet..I stay neutral.. Money from a Democrat or Republican or Progressive Conservative, Liberal, ect is all the same to me!

•••
The sad fact is, probably a significant part of the population can only afford to eat fast food like this. And the poorer people get, and the greater the demand for profit, the more creative ways companies will find to make cheaper "food".

•••
Am I the only one that will admit to actually liking Mcd's:P
The 1/3 pounder with bacon is freaking awesome! No lies!

•••
The 1/3 pounder with bacon is freaking awesome! No lies!

McD's got you good too! :D

The real question is, it's a 1/3 pounder of what? Processed meats and non-edible ingredients? No thanks.

The taste of the sauces/bacon/ etc can get you hooked to that burger, but it's not good for your health.

•••
well... until it's a 1/3 pound of anything but [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_Green"]Soylent Green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame] I think/hope we have at least a CHANCE to curb the appetite!

•••
•••
Hate to say it but I love their french fries.

•••
May as well link to an article I wrote about Jamie and the Pink Slime.

Not a big fan of McDonald's food, but it doesn't do to get hysterical about inconsequential stuff like "pink slime." I think the company that made it was nearly put out of business, people lost jobs, and I doubt that the hamburgers are even a little bit healthier than they were before the pink slime scare was created. McDonald's is a convenient target for anyone wanting attention for themselves or their cause. We all probably eat worse crap bought at some local places everyday. For example, I just saw a cook from a curry shop (popular with vegetarians) near my work use the toilet without washing his hands. Yummy.

•••
Here is an infamous photo I took at Mcdonalds Yuk!

yuk.png
This was taken in the morning at work while ordering breakfast. Needless to say I cancelled order.
Rotting dumpster leaning against new delivery of food for the restaurant.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back