Dynadot

question Lowball offer on GoDaddy for SilkBrocade.com

NameSilo
Watch

Sreeharsha Kornu

Established Member
Impact
So NPs, I have this reasonably appealing domain and I receive a low-ball offer *ahem* equal to the amount of my "Min bid"

Now, do I counter that with my valuation of the domain or push it to a GD Auction and hope that I luck out in finding more audience?

NameJet just doesn't accept my list of domains to use their platform and Sedo isn't useful either. I have an Efty page setup and no sales coming through that anytime soon!

Any thoughts on what I could do here?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
counter offer with 35% price increment

•••
I had a name with an offer of 600 thru a broker at daddy...I turned it down and a couple of months moved it to another registrar...got an offer there for 2500 and took it. I never found out if it was the same person but I never sell for less than a name is worth (unless I've got a bunch of renewals coming up!)

•••
I had a name with an offer of 600 thru a broker at daddy...I turned it down and a couple of months moved it to another registrar...got an offer there for 2500 and took it. I never found out if it was the same person but I never sell for less than a name is worth (unless I've got a bunch of renewals coming up!)
Did you list it for an auction on the second registrar? If so, may I know which one you moved it to?

•••
Did you list it for an auction on the second registrar? If so, may I know which one you moved it to?

I moved it to Epik and put it on their marketplace. I but the bin price on it and intended to add a 'make offer' option but they bought it before I had a chance!

•••
I would not push it to auction as it seems pretty specialized. I realize brocade fits nicely with silk but brocade has only sold once as part of any domain name in the $1.7 billion of sales in NameBio (and then for just a few hundred). I would counter with something somewhere between your BIN and the minimum you would accept to hopefully keep this end user interested. I hope it works out for you.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
Low minimum offers tend to attract offers at the minimum.

•••
•••
I would settle for xxx...
How did you reach the valuation? Any particular thoughts for that?

Anyway, I have countered with a higher price and gave the option to conclude the business directly through the Efty landing page to undercut the GoDaddy commission fees.

•••
How did you reach the valuation? Any particular thoughts for that?

Anyway, I have countered with a higher price and gave the option to conclude the business directly through the Efty landing page to undercut the GoDaddy commission fees.

I think Bob mentioned that there's like 1 sail in all of the history of namebio with brocade...

•••
I would not push it to auction as it seems pretty specialized. I realize brocade fits nicely with silk but brocade has only sold once as part of any domain name in the $1.7 billion of sales in NameBio (and then for just a few hundred). I would counter with something somewhere between your BIN and the minimum you would accept to hopefully keep this end user interested. I hope it works out for you.
Bob
I know it's a long shot but I just like how the two words come together and there are so many use cases for the Domain. Anyway, thanks for your inputs Bob and hopefully I can make something out of the situation.

Cheers

•••
•••
•••
Would like to share them to the end user if and when they're interested.

Thank you.
Sounds like a good idea, but why not share them with us too? I can only think of one use case.

•••
•••
I agree with the xxx evaluation. The name isn't great and is specialized so much that you may not get an offer for it again.

•••
•••
*drumroll* Selling silk brocade!

Now, please share some of the many other use cases you were thinking of.

Silk bros riding in a motorcade? ))

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back