Dynadot

opinion Lots of names registered which are company names! Please Help!

NameSilo
Watch

Muhammad Ijaz

Established Member
Impact
Hello Members!

I registered a lot of domain name which I Afterwards found that they are company names so I did not try to sell them because I thought it will be cybersquatting! Are those domains valuable if sold to other than the companies or they are worthless for me? Please Reply Members! Thank You!

Examples:

Creible.net
financiar.org
SupremeTycoon.com
SupremeInvestor.com

Thank You Members!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Unfortunately yes. Sit and wait. Although having a lander is a must.

Could higher a Fiverr gig and have someone send emails saying.

"Hello, I'd like more info about your company. I went to your website (your domain) and it said it was for sale? I'm confused."

It goes without saying you better make sure they have no way to trace back that email to you.

Fake email address. Proxy ip.

Fun part is figuring out how many emails before they actually visit your domain. Lol

•••
Unfortunately yes. Sit and wait. Although having a lander is a must.

Could higher a Fiverr gig and have someone send emails saying.

"Hello, I'd like more info about your company. I went to your website (your domain) and it said it was for sale? I'm confused."

It goes without saying you better make sure they have no way to trace back that email to you.

Fake email address. Proxy ip.

Fun part is figuring out how many emails before they actually visit your domain. Lol

I mean to sell them Honestly, but Thanks for the Reply!

•••
•••
The main problem is finding buyers than avoiding legal consequences. For example if you buy
applecomputer.com, it would be more like a stupid investment, than a risky investment. For smaller companies risk is smaller, but can you sell: that company may not be willing to pay much, and others would be totally uninterested. So, it depends on the situation. You need to evalute things yourself and make a decision each time. A really bad thing can happen only if you pretend to be another company and sell fake versions of what they sell while using their name in your domain, and things like this, then you can go to prison. If you don't have "bad" intentions, then probably very bad things can't happen.

Last edited:
•••
I don't see much issues with those four domains provided. Don't directly offer them to the companies that are already using the brand and you should be fine selling them to other people.

First 2 domains are dictionary words so not an issue generally speaking. The other 2, quite generic, could be used in a couple of different niches. Since you already own them, I would take my chances. But hey, I'm not a lawyer :)

•••
I don't see much issues with those four domains provided. Don't directly offer them to the companies that are already using the brand and you should be fine selling them to other people.

First 2 domains are dictionary words so not an issue generally speaking. The other 2, quite generic, could be used in a couple of different niches. Since you already own them, I would take my chances. But hey, I'm not a lawyer :)

Thank You Very Much! I Really Appreciate Your Reply!

•••
Can someone Qualified Give a Legal Perspective for the Question I asked?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back