Dynadot

question Lotion.com sold for $2,499?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

iKhalyfah

Established Member
Impact
The Recently Sold Domain list at SH shows Lotion.com sold for $2,499.
Way too cheap right? What could be the reason, seller needed money due to pandemic effect? Seller doesn't actually know domain value? Possible a glitch (maybe meant to say $24,999 or even $249,999?O_o
IMG_20200426_064424.jpg

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can anyone tell me why Squadhelp thought it'd be a good idea to put the logo as "Lotion". What the hell?
If I'm not mistaken, SH have a team of logo designers, Iotion was what they saw, they thought it's a small L instead of Capital i, so they designed the logo as Lotion, and the team that reviewed the name knew it was iotion hence the price $2,499
In essence, everybody did his job right, the Problem was just a conflict of understanding.

•••
It was a logo designer error and it fell through the cracks. Mistakes happen.

•••
You can always verify by typing the Url in your browser to see if it goes back to the Squadhelp Buy Now page for that specific name. All SH sellers are required to change their domain's nameservers to ns1.squadhelp.com and ns2.squadhelp.com so a little bit of Domains 101 work will allow all future buyers to verify what they are getting before making a purchase.

•••
•••
It must be Iotion and NOT Lotion.
1-million-dollar error by logo designer.
Hope deal will not be cancelled by buyer.

Last edited:
•••
This is why you don't use SH

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back