Dynadot

discuss Showcase domains you can't believe sold for high price.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
Seems to be a running theme on NP when the latest weekly sedo or godaddy sales list get posted on here that people tend to complain and scratch their heads (with a bit of jealously perhaps.) ( I know I have ) about why a certain domain sold for so high.

Many domains just by looking at them on Namebio makes you think " what the heck is going on here?"

Those domains i'd like to have posted here

Reason?

I think such sales would be useful data for our own purposes in our auction descriptions or outbounds. Here me out.

We all think our domains are better than some of the domains we see in these weekly sales reports . I really believe this idea could be of use.

Something to thee effect like this.

"There are many crap domains that sold recently that for sure you will agree my domain is better ".

Here's what I know from sales tactics

If you get your "mark" to nod his head in agreement on other subjects not the product you are selling then chances are in his head he'll nod to your own domain.

Kinda like meeting a client in the real world and you try to find a commonality like sports or sexy women or hobbies.

See if you and a bunch of other domainers see these crap domains being sold for top dollar and you just don't get it. Then big chance your "mark" will think the same too.

So if he thinks these domains should not have sold for that much then by there's a chance he might agree your domain is better by default and see value in it.

I'd like to create an easy to access database via thread on NP where we can find these "head scratcher" domains and use them to sell our own domains.

Here's another angle.

"Take a look at these domain sales.(list) What do you think? Should these domains have sold for that much? Stupid right? These people wasted good money on crap domains . Now take a look at my domain. You gotta admit it's of a better calibre than these domains. If these crap domains sold for that much then how much should my domain be worth?"

WARNING!! for thee above to work your domain better be a true winner or else it won't work.

Like these

Vrworld
Vr360
Iotworld
CorporateAmerica

Etc etc.

So please list some "headscratcher" domain sales. And let's create a human manually made usable database of such domains for future sales use.

I'll begin with

Wha8.com $7550

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?????????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
CamRoulette.com 151,000 USD.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Most of the ones posted so far are not good examples.

The sale of RiseUp makes sense.

It is a good name, and because of current events, the sale makes sense.

01/com and i/vip make sense as well.

They are short domains and possibly appealing to the Chinese market that is known to pay high prices for names.

I think the OP wants us to list really "bad" names like

magxone/com
tadwinaty/com
hg1816/com

The interesting thing is when you look up the name after the sale and see how it is being used.

Then, when you see why the name was purchased, the sale makes more sense.

Sometimes names make no sense to us, but do to the end user who is willing to pay for them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back