discuss Long Tail Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
I am starting to see some longtail domains being reported as sales on dnjournal

I did read somewhere that fromragstoriches/com was sold for $26k

I wonder what your thoughts are and do you have any ??

At the risk of being shot down here are two that i have

madefromnaturalingedients.com
+
madewithnaturalingredients.com

Let's see some longtail domain names

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i agree somewhat with cache and it does make people hard to remember the name of the domain.

•••
Payday-cash-loans.com
Rich words, many extensions are taken.

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
•••
TravelCheapInsurance.com

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Post-Office-Travel-Insurance.com
monthly exact search 33100 and cpc 6.43
still a free domain. do you think is a good domain to register?

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

If you guys think high paying keywords domain name (especially .net and .com with hyphens) are good domains please let me know. I can find some unregistered high paying domain names for you guys. Or even you can find some using some of our website's free domain tools. Please see my signature.

Last edited:
•••
Post-Office-Travel-Insurance.com
monthly exact search 33100 and cpc 6.43
still a free domain. do you think is a good domain to register?

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 AM ----------

If you guys think high paying keywords domain name (especially .net and .com with hyphens) are good domains please let me know. I can find some unregistered high paying domain names for you guys. Or even you can find some using some tools our website’s tools. Please see my signature.

I don't think anyone would recommend a name with so many hyphens

•••
I don't think anyone would recommend a name with so many hyphens

How about two hyphens between three words?
Mega-Tv-Online.com (Exact Monthly Search 201000 & CPC $ 2.41)
Daily-Mail-Uk.com (Exact Monthly Search 135000 & CPC $ 1.32)
Blue-Letter-Bible.com (Exact Monthly Search 74000 & CPC $ 1.34)
All above names are still unregistered and I can find this kind of names if guys are interested. Or you can yourself find this kind of names using our domain tools.

•••
How about two hyphens between three words?
Mega-Tv-Online.com (Exact Monthly Search 201000 & CPC $ 2.41)
Daily-Mail-Uk.com (Exact Monthly Search 135000 & CPC $ 1.32)
Blue-Letter-Bible.com (Exact Monthly Search 74000 & CPC $ 1.34)
Those are all squatter's names. Aside from the legal risk, a double hyphenated name is not going to steal traffic from anywhere, which is the whole point of trademark squatting.

Double hyphens are on the edge of respectability. If you use premium keywords (not trademarks), they have value, but are worth a fraction of the non-hyphenated version.

•••
I read somewhere google would consider more than one hyphen as spam ?

•••

Thats sounds really funny for me. Domain is domain, a long its with keywords, there is nothing to worries.

FYI : Sometimes yeah-evirtual-funny.com is get beeter SERP rank than yeahevirtualfunny.com Check it on Google.UK market.

•••
this is really hard to believe....if google considers more than one hyphen as a spam then it should also consider more than 25 character as a spam...or long tail domains as spam...

i am not sure but if you are correct then lot of domain names are ganna get expired very soon....

•••

Nonsense, I have good rankings with two hyphen domains. That being said, any more hyphens does look a bit spammy.

•••
long story short i dont mind long domains but not with lots of hyphens, i do have a couple of two word hyphen names, pity i cant remember where i read that tid bit of info ?

Last edited:
•••
long tail domain

I am starting to see some longtail domains being reported as sales on dnjournal

I did read somewhere that fromragstoriches/com was sold for $26k

I wonder what your thoughts are and do you have any ??

At the risk of being shot down here are two that i have

madefromnaturalingedients.com
+
madewithnaturalingredients.com

Let's see some longtail domain names
i beleive this is also a long tail domain tutorforhelp.com

•••
I register a lot of keyword long tail domains . I have been able to make some good money flipping them as well. I like registering a lot of howto names and info type site a lot of times those keywords have a very low competition so ive been able to get a lot of these longtail domains ranked too

•••
The sedo sales report is out and this one is looooong tail.

alongtimeagoinagalaxyfarfaraway.com $1,500

Let's see, 10 words that's $150 per :laugh:

•••
The longest domain name I have is
AllInclusiveVacationGetaways.com which surprisingly gets 1,300 Google searches per month

•••
The sedo sales report is out and this one is looooong tail.

alongtimeagoinagalaxyfarfaraway.com $1,500

Let's see, 10 words that's $150 per :laugh:

Cool ....... one happy seller

•••
•••
•••
The long-tail trend faded out over the years. The last post here was in 2014 and there really aren't that many discussions that came after the niche bubble popped back then.

For those still holding or investing in long-tails today, the following 23-letter long-tail evaluation might be insightful into today's long-tail market.
Asset Type:
Long-Tail (3 or more words) / Generic-Phrase
The hardest part might be convincing someone to go with a long-tail versus a short agency style brand. Long-Tails tend to lose authority and trust, which can sometimes cap value. They work great as separate campaigns that feed a larger agency type brand, however, agencies generally won't pay premium rates for a long-tail campaign asset.

Since the sales data doesn't help us much at all, I'll be putting more weight on a financial investment coach wanting to use the long-tail for a lead generating and tracking campaign to feed their primary brand agencies service.
The hard part is identifying the potential end-user, gathering more research on their specific niche, formulating a presentation, negotiating, and closing.

There is no liquidity in this asset to the naked eye and you will have to do a lot of leg-work to find the right buyer and apply the hard parts I also mentioned above, which in most cases, investors fail at.
Full Evaluation - VIP/Gold Only

•••
To contribute a bit more on-topic, I still own a long-tail, but it's been a developed asset since 2010.

LocalAutoSalvageYards.com

Do you still own any long-tails?

•••
Do you still own any long-tails?

I keep some in the vault, here's a few

homeloanapplication.com
motorcycleinsurancecoverage.com
seniorinsurancecompany.com
inhomestaffing.com
mobiletrailerservice.com
centralheatingsystems.com

imo...

•••
Here's another Long-Tail evaluation to dissect.
Asset Type:
Long-Tail (3 or more words) / Generic-Service-Category
Note: Not much sales data to go by and these are old reports. There were two-word combinations that were mostly selling for low-3-figures.
Opinion:
As a generic-service-category, it could work for selling Vr Tv equipped headsets and accessories. Unfortunately, long-tails are generally used for affiliate and white-label developments, which means low budgets.

It's also common for streaming related long-tails to be developed into FREE show/video sites that are PPC ad revenue driven. Also a smaller budget developer.

Some long-tails could work for a larger brand that wants to run a targeted campaign on a separate asset, but they generally don't pay premiums for long-tails, unless it's a unicorn end-user.

The hard part is identifying the potential end-user, gathering more research on their specific niche, formulating a presentation, negotiating, and closing.

Unfortunately, your asset does not have any reseller liquidity to the naked eye and you will have to do a lot of leg-work to find the right buyer and apply the hard parts I also mentioned above, which in most cases, investors fail at.
Full Evaluation - VIP/Gold

•••
I don't think I've shared the following long-tail in this discussion and showcase yet, so here it is:

SanAntonioLogoDesigner.com - Except it's been a developed asset since 2011.

I wonder if everyone else has already dumped or developed all theirs from back in the 2009 to 2014 days?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back