discuss Long Tail Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
I am starting to see some longtail domains being reported as sales on dnjournal

I did read somewhere that fromragstoriches/com was sold for $26k

I wonder what your thoughts are and do you have any ??

At the risk of being shot down here are two that i have

madefromnaturalingedients.com
+
madewithnaturalingredients.com

Let's see some longtail domain names

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There is a great one in Melbourne:-

MyDaddyFixesComputers/com.au. Redirects to MyDaddyFixes/com i think.

•••
There is a great one in Melbourne:-

MyDaddyFixesComputers/com.au. Redirects to MyDaddyFixes/com i think.

I spotted something simular except it was for 'hubby' only the other day in balaclava/melbourne

•••
I think if it makes sense and uses common keywords or search strings then long tail names can be great. Although the domain names that are literally long sentences I don't feel have much value.

•••
I think if it makes sense and uses common keywords or search strings then long tail names can be great. Although the domain names that are literally long sentences I don't feel have much value.

today i regged visuallearningguide/com

I think some scope for three word domains as choices and budgets run out, it may be worth noting that if you make a sale it wont be a fortune but it will be profit so i am just paying a bit more attention to what may become a trend as time goes by ??

•••
There is value in slogan and call to action domain names when they are brandable, memorable, easy to spell and pass the radio test.
But just one hyphen will put the domain back to square "SEO-only" imo.
Clearly not all long tail domains are equal.

•••
Here in the UK WeBuyAnyCar"dot"com advertise quite a lot on the TV.

Last seasons advert
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXiJBp7HK5o"]We Buy Any Car - New 2010 TV Commercial - webuyanycar.com - YouTube[/ame]

One of this seasons
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBqztJXXOXE&feature=related"]webuyanycar.com Advert - Little Dancers - YouTube[/ame]

•••
I register a lot of keyword long tail domains . I have been able to make some good money flipping them as well. I like registering a lot of howto names and info type site a lot of times those keywords have a very low competition so ive been able to get a lot of these longtail domains ranked too

•••
I register a lot of keyword long tail domains . I have been able to make some good money flipping them as well. I like registering a lot of howto names and info type site a lot of times those keywords have a very low competition so ive been able to get a lot of these longtail domains ranked too

I imagine the 'howto' name would do well, people love to learn

I think when a slogan like the english example is played often the length is not a concern for most

•••
ok, you talked me into it!!!

Just got:-
InternationalStardom/com
WritesAndRecords/com

Last edited:
•••

I don't have many, but I recently picked up GunsKillPeople (dot) com, a full sentence.

•••
Here in the UK WeBuyAnyCar"dot"com advertise quite a lot on the TV.

Yes they now have imitators with "any" in them too. Definitely a trend, but not one I'm putting money into.

Coop group use "goodwithfood.co.uk" and "goodwithmoney.co.uk" and have audio loops in the shops mentioning them.

One point to bear in mind is these could be really good for voice activated search on mobile, but the longer you make it probably the greater the chance of error in speech recognition. But also the more unique it becomes and in that sense easier to get to top of a search results page.

So actually I can see some attention being paid to how error prone a name is for speech recognition, just as domains with double consonants, hyphens and homophones can be weaker in written use.

Not sure if I'd call these long-tail domains or "call to action" domains. Lots of *me.com and verb.me domains seem to sell and get developed.

•••
ah yes, i forgot my favourite for a mature dating site perhaps?

TakeOutYourTeethAndHaveSomeFun/com

One has to add a little humour into the dreariness of domaining even if the name is worthless.

•••
ok, you talked me into it!!!

Just got:-
InternationalStardom/com
WritesAndRecords/com

internationalstardom could be a site about people like susan boyle and the like

could be a good name for a management company

•••
Beautifuldirtyrich
I registered a time ago for someone and dropped it finally.
I hate long names but just got:
Browsergamestalk.
Its also a long name but I couldn´t resit.
Generally 2 keys are enough in a domain name.

Last edited:
•••
I have only 2 for now:

TechnologyForSale.com and RiversOfBlood.com

•••
worth noting every 'realestate' domain will be lengthy and they do ok

What are the thoughts compared to hacks? ............basically polar opposites

•••
I think they are two different kind, slogans or call to action like SDS mentioned and longtail keyword names.

I have sold a few slogan/call to action and unless they are great you are not going to make a fortune but like you said evirtual it will be a profit.

I own:
TakeMoreChances.com that has received two low offers $100 and $200
HowDoIgetoutofhere.com
EatAhealthybreakfast.com which has gotten a few offers, I regged for a blog which I had up and then took it down.

•••
I think they are two different kind, slogans or call to action like SDS mentioned and longtail keyword names.

I have sold a few slogan/call to action and unless they are great you are not going to make a fortune but like you said evirtual it will be a profit.

I own:
TakeMoreChances.com that has received two low offers $100 and $200
HowDoIgetoutofhere.com
EatAhealthybreakfast.com which has gotten a few offers, I regged for a blog which I had up and then took it down.

Until the other day three words was the longest, but with the two 'natural ingredient' examples i reached four, I have another which is six words but quity78 has the record with seven !!

VarityIsTheSpiceOfLife.Com .....six words and a well known term

•••
•••
I have had HowToBuyFromChina.com for a long time.

I picked up AMusicalNote.com thinking it would work well for a music teacher.

HockItToMe.com seemed like a natural for a pawn shop, but so far I seem to be the only one who thinks so :)

•••
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
just picked up howtoteachmultiplication.com I think I am going to develop a small niche site. I was always into multiplication in school lol

•••
just picked up howtoteachmultiplication.com I think I am going to develop a small niche site. I was always into multiplication in school lol

I think if someone makes it to your site and likes they will add to favorites so the length is then no longer an issue , as stated earlier teaching/study/learning sites always seem to do well

•••
it looks like I am the only one who is not in favor of long tail. It is possible a long tail has some value, but I trust probability, the longer the domain, the lower probability someone would like it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back