discuss Long Tail Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
I am starting to see some longtail domains being reported as sales on dnjournal

I did read somewhere that fromragstoriches/com was sold for $26k

I wonder what your thoughts are and do you have any ??

At the risk of being shot down here are two that i have

madefromnaturalingedients.com
+
madewithnaturalingredients.com

Let's see some longtail domain names

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yeah im not a fan of longtail either. let's face it, even linkin park named the band so they could get the .com. the name matters, but this market is supply and demand, with the right audience, your domains could be gold.

•••

I like long-tail domains if they make sense and are memorable. I just picked up BeforeYouCommit.com.

The exact GAKT search isn't high, but it's a term ("Before You Commit") that gets over 22,000,000 listings in Google.

I see lots of possibilities for end user use. (detective agency, relationship site, consumer Review site, etc.)

Having said this, I wouldn't pick up thousands of these kinds of domains. Unless the GAKT numbers support them, they're still risky.

•••
One thing to consider is that some sayings/long domains/ longtail domains do seem to change a bit depending which country you are in.

As .com one word prices skyrocket it is not surprising to see longer domains being sought after, plus if you are thinking 'siri search' what's another word to speak ?

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

waystomakemoney/com = $5,500

•••
yeah that's true. ive been picking up a lot of long tail domains recently but those are to target specific phrases only. but mostly because phrase in domain still has an advantage in google.

•••
I guess it depends on the niche whether the domain length will matter or not. I always try to pick up as short domain name as possible. The shorter yet meaningful and related the better.
When you're registering a company, it is always preferable to pick more general name, even one that does not make much sense, because you are not restricting your business at a very start, so you can expand it later on.

•••
I guess it depends on the niche whether the domain length will matter or not. I always try to pick up as short domain name as possible. The shorter yet meaningful and related the better.
When you're registering a company, it is always preferable to pick more general name, even one that does not make much sense, because you are not restricting your business at a very start, so you can expand it later on.

Yes that's all true however there can be bad choices with short names (dictionary) if it is unknown or doesn't pass the radio test it may not be the best pick ??

•••
Not a big fan of long tailed domains at all.

•••
•••
found .........messageinabottle/com to be a working site

•••
forgot to mention here in Australia we are seeing ads for Kfc which has the website address as 'thegoodification.com'

I wonder if they also have 'thearterialblockification.com' :laugh:

•••
•••
Lets just say they call themselves KFC instead of Kentucky Fried Chicken for a reason
I think they should own the domain:

WeJustLost8MillionAUSDInaLawsuit.com.au

•••

Already planning an appeal they said on the news but i don't think it will change things much

•••
i have 2:
howtokeepweight.com
southpolartravel.com

•••
i grabbed /all/dog/walking/com

•••

8 million dollars is nothing for them. Probably the size of an accounting error. Not materially signifficant.

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

While checking out a condo yesterday, I came accross one that is in use, just another illustration that real estate people don't mind long tail domains and on substandard extensions, no less:

palmbeachgardenshomes(dot)biz

•••
8 million dollars is nothing for them. Probably the size of an accounting error. Not materially signifficant.

---------- Post added at 05:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 AM ----------

While checking out a condo yesterday, I came accross one that is in use, just another illustration that real estate people don't mind long tail domains and on substandard extensions, no less:

palmbeachgardenshomes(dot)biz

Yes longtails/long domains go hand in hand with realestate ...seems to work

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

I recently grabbed /long/term/car/parking/com

•••
four word domain manoftheword/com = $15,000...... dnjournal

NOT LONGTAIL, JUST A FOUR WORD GREAT SALE

•••
Just saw this one on a TV commercial: MaleCatheterSamples.com

Have fun with that; send pictures of your attempts

**Some idjitdomainer thought they'd better get the dot.org and there's a wordpress thing on there.

•••
Just saw this one on a TV commercial: MaleCatheterSamples.com

Have fun with that; send pictures of your attempts

**Some idjitdomainer thought they'd better get the dot.org and there's a wordpress thing on there.

Some free samples ..........just aint worth the pain

•••
long tail domains are very useful it has more number of keywords

easy to get top rank

•••
Just got:
FreeSearchEngineOptimisation.com

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Just got:
FreeSearchEngineOptimisation.com

Regards,
Vitaliy

That's a good one, i grabbed medicalnegligencesettlement yesterday

•••
Registered new one:
Cheap-Car-Insurance-Online.com

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
here is an example of a good sale for long hyphen name

http://www.DNT/said-hyphens-worth-nothing-t4964.html

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back