IT.COM

Long, or short?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I got a website/forum thing and want a domain name for it, but I can't decide wether I should get its long full name (E.G nameprosaregoodfordomains.net) or a short initial version (E.G npagfd.net) type of thing (that isn't the domain I was thinking of getting, just an example). Which would be better? Long or short?

Any help gratfuly received.

Thanks.

Toolbox123.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Neither.

I'd go for a domain with a maximum of 12 - 14 letters. I'd definitely avoid random initials as well.

You want something people can easily remember and type. A huge domain name or a random bunch of letters will put most people off visiting your site either because they can't type it, remember it or just can't be bothered to type so many letters - your website will have to have some great content to overcome the problem of a poor domain name.

Try thinking of a domain name that's short, snappy and easy to remember. You won't regret it. :)

•••
Ok, thanks for the advcie :D.

•••
Both will be useless as a long domain or short initial version of a long domain name would be a big turnoff for you site's visitors. Instead look for some short and meaningful alternative names.

•••
the shorter the better...................

•••
shorter the better, but I would not choose either of your choices. If anything, you may want to move away from a .com and go to a .net or .org if needbe (to find an available domain). Otherwise, you may want to think about buying a good .com for your purposes.

•••
fonzie_007 said:
shorter the better, but I would not choose either of your choices. If anything, you may want to move away from a .com and go to a .net or .org if needbe (to find an available domain). Otherwise, you may want to think about buying a good .com for your purposes.

this is the smart choice.
...however assuming a standard reg fee + not the aftermarket, do be prepared to go for a slightly longer name if the name is good.

•••
•••
agreed that using a short domain name that can easily be recognized is way way better than a long domain. take note that branding is good these days.

•••
whats wrong with npgd.net unless its taken

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back