LLLL.org and LLLL.biz on a rise

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domain Monk

Mindful DomainingTop Member
Impact
Looks like the both are in good rise according chaomi ....after long time

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have set most of mine at $388 and average 1 per 2 weeks for 1800+ names. But the fact is I don't know if the sale ratio would be same or would decrease if I doubled it. Or if I increase my prices 5 times will the sales decrease 5 times as well? I am thinking of setting two price points randomly or with some system. Will go for $800 and $1500 probably and see how it affects my average sales. Might leave couple hundred at $388 actually to get a fair comparison.

•••
I have set most of mine at $388 and average 1 per 2 weeks for 1800+ names. But the fact is I don't know if the sale ratio would be same or would decrease if I doubled it. Or if I increase my prices 5 times will the sales decrease 5 times as well? I am thinking of setting two price points randomly or with some system. Will go for $800 and $1500 probably and see how it affects my average sales. Might leave couple hundred at $388 actually to get a fair comparison.
What I understood from the negotiations is that most of the organizations are ok up to $1000. I think, in terms of the number of sales, there is no significant difference between $350 and $950. The inverse proportion that you mentioned is just starting after $1000 up to a certain level. If you set $5k, maybe you would sell only 2/year, but with a better ROI.

•••
What I understood from the negotiations is that most of the organizations are ok up to $1000. I think, in terms of the number of sales, there is no significant difference between $350 and $950. The inverse proportion that you mentioned is just starting after $1000 up to a certain level. If you set $5k, maybe you would sell only 2/year, but with a better ROI.

Thank you for the info. That is my expectation as well, but want to test the intuition with actual results.

•••
The ROI is very simply calculated as follows, assuming you have a 100 names :

1) Your annual renewal costs around $900, thats an annual cost EVERY year
2) You set the price at $400 each and sell 8 names

The above leaves you with $3.2K revenue NOT profit. Your profit for this year is $2.3K!

The real think to focus on here is whether you want to sell to end users or Investors? I would rather test first before I can make a final call on this one! Try for 2 months at a low cost and see if you sold any and at what rate!

The most important thing is the $900 you are bearing with you every year! Must net something above that range always, and what is left is increasing in value every year regardless of investors (for .org).

LLLL.biz is now gone with the wind, unless someone re-buys out, but for me thats a bit unlikely!

The only way to know the best ROI is doing some A/B testing to know the best!
Good luck everyone!

•••
The thing that has me curious why LLLL.biz is 'dead' is that there is a single investor within China that owns ~50,000 of the 180,000 Chips. Wouldn't he like to protect his investment? Did he select theirs to sell to end users? Or perhaps, did he get caught up in the gTLD grab and register $50,000 worth (I believe it was $1 a pop on Namae at the time)?

Because that still goes unanswered, biz is something that I'm not going to dismiss at this point.

•••
Since mid November 2015. Lets say 5 months.

I have ~1100 orgs right now.

Unfortunately, I could not find the right price yet. Recently set the BIN price at $3850.
If that's your current BIN, it's way too high IMO for the .org (nonprofit) sector, especially considering how many names you're holding. The more "modest price" as you put it would be better to test the waters at least.

•••
Bought several hundred LLLL.org in the past couple of months.
Did not buy any LLLL.biz because it does not make sense to me.
The hype is over now so we know which one is good and which one is not.

•••
The future price heavily depends on what extensions will get approved by the Chinese government.

•••
Because that still goes unanswered, biz is something that I'm not going to dismiss at this point.

You're not the only one, somebody in China registered those recently available 4L .biz today.

•••
The ROI is very simply calculated as follows, assuming you have a 100 names :

1) Your annual renewal costs around $900, thats an annual cost EVERY year
2) You set the price at $400 each and sell 8 names

The above leaves you with $3.2K revenue NOT profit. Your profit for this year is $2.3K!

The real think to focus on here is whether you want to sell to end users or Investors? I would rather test first before I can make a final call on this one! Try for 2 months at a low cost and see if you sold any and at what rate!

The most important thing is the $900 you are bearing with you every year! Must net something above that range always, and what is left is increasing in value every year regardless of investors (for .org).

LLLL.biz is now gone with the wind, unless someone re-buys out, but for me thats a bit unlikely!

The only way to know the best ROI is doing some A/B testing to know the best!
Good luck everyone!

how come you take for granted 4l.org is increasing in value each year?

•••
how come you take for granted 4l.org is increasing in value each year?
4L .org have been selling to end users since 2010. No need to wait for the chinese on this one. If you want to resell to investors, then .org is not your field!

•••
4L .org have been selling to end users since 2010. No need to wait for the chinese on this one. If you want to resell to investors, then .org is not your field!

Have you looked at Chaomi? LLLL.org has increased in the last few days more than any Chip available on the planet.

•••

i was talking about endusers. that was our talk here before about buying large qty 4lorg and trying to get profit out of it annually.

I don't know where you get your stats from, but as far as I am concerned theer is no constant upward sale or value trend in 4l.org. org is not an extension with a future.

•••
Well, you're only tracking end user sales, I would say there is always around 10-20 sales a year above 5K. Its like a very small version of the LLLL.com excluding the chinese investors piece! how many LLLL.com do you sell annually to end users? Its not as much as flipping to investors.
lets wait and see, but if you ask me, I got like 30 LLLL.orgs and will try to price them for end users and not for flipping currently

•••
org is not an extension with a future.
Org is probably the most stable tld in terms of end-user sales and reseller price. Check 3L.org on namebio. Reseller price is almost same for 10 years.

•••
Org is probably the most stable tld in terms of end-user sales and reseller price. Check 3L.org on namebio. Reseller price is almost same for 10 years.

i believe you. we were talking more in terms of "increasing value each year".. and more in temrs of 4l.org

cheers

•••
You're not the only one, somebody in China registered those recently available 4L .biz today.

Tax write off probably.

•••
•••
•••
Buy and sell names based on the overall market - This is an international market.
Don't pay much hype or pump and dump and you should be ok.
No one wants to be a bag holder.

•••
If that's your current BIN, it's way too high IMO for the .org (nonprofit) sector, especially considering how many names you're holding. The more "modest price" as you put it would be better to test the waters at least.
You are right. Now I am doing A/B test, dividing the portfolio fifty-fifty. A is set to $985 and B is $3850. In two or three months, I hope to have some findings.

•••
I think most organisations are fine paying $2,500-$3,500.

Many 4L.org sales since 2010 have been in this range.

•••
Has anyone else noticed a slight increase in traffic on random 4L (chip) org in the past 1-2 days?

•••
If I purchase 300 4-letter .ORG domains and price them all at $2,800 and sell 5 or 6 over the year (as it’s a numbers game with those in most cases), is that ethically wrong? (the organisations could have picked them up for reg fee had I not purchased them and priced them at BIN)…

•••
I have lot of domains and listed few hundreds on efty including .com .net .org .co & .biz but i believe only .com .net .org have some user interest and here's efty stat.
E0CLhUS.png

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back