IT.COM

LLLL.net COUNTDOWN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
New Member Disclaimer: Four letter domain names are a relatively new investment category that is only beginning to gain traction in Dotcom. This domaining sector offers potentially larger returns than traditional revenue or traffic based domain names, however with this investment opportunity comes extravagant risk.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It was only a matter of time... First King Com. Then .CN fell. And now... I present to you LLLL.net :!:

This thread is designed to elicit discussion about LLLL.nets. You're encouraged to post anything you feel is relevant to LLLL.nets in this thread. This includes sales information, new regs, ...

Feb 05, 2008: All quad premium LLLL.nets are registered

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I hand regged DDTE.net
and
HMHL.net - is available now (already about 1 hour)

Last edited:
•••
glabnet said:
HMHL.net - is available now (already about 1 hour)
That didn't last long. :sold:

•••
Some interesting ones ending today at snap:

nipy.net Watch 1 $10.00 2h 35m
qogo.net Watch 1 $10.00 2h 35m
xtxx.net Watch 1 $10.00 2h 35m
yddy.net Watch 3 $13.00 2h 35m
nnnx.net Watch 2 $14.00 2h 35m

good luck, g-

•••
I would like to go thru the alphabet and see how many LLLL.nets are still available that contain each letter. So of the 26 letters in the English alphabet, how many of the remaining unregistered 200,000 plus LLLL.nets have an A, how many have a B, how many have a C, etc? Can anybody do this, or know how/where I could do it?

•••
krx said:
I would like to go thru the alphabet and see how many LLLL.nets are still available that contain each letter. So of the 26 letters in the English alphabet, how many of the remaining unregistered 200,000 plus LLLL.nets have an A, how many have a B, how many have a C, etc? Can anybody do this, or know how/where I could do it?

Not totally sure exactly what you're meaning but am pretty certain www.GFNB.net should meet your needs. It's a great site and a must for any LLLL.net investor.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks. I'm pretty familiar w/GFNB and have made great use of it in the past. The problems there are that, to get a complete list, I'd have to check each letter four times (eg, "a" in the first spot and all 26 letters in spots 2, 3 and 4; then a in the second spot and all 26 letters in 1, 3 and 4, and so on for for each of the four spots and for all 26 letters). Also, GFNB is not kept up to date, at least not the last time I checked. It shows lots of reg'd domains as still available.

I've been working on an analysis of letter quality and value. I think the relative number of unreg'd LLLL.net domains that contain a given letter might be a good indicator of the quality (or desirability) and value of that letter. For example, there may be only 10,000 domains left with the letter A in them (at least once) while maybe 75,000 with the letter Q. So you could conclude that A is a lot better than Q ~ just to use an obvious example. But how might U and P compare? or W and H? That's what I'm after if that makes more sense.

The letters of the alphabet each sold out in a certain order for LLLL.coms. While it isn't the only indicator of their value, I think it is one good indicator. If anybody knows what that order is I'd also like to see that.

•••
Is this what you are looking for krx?

I made a chart of all available LLLL.net showing how many have each letter in each position. Remember this is how many remain, so a lower percentage is better as it means more are taken.

Code:
Letter	Pos1	Pos2	Pos3	Pos4	Sum
a	1.98%	1.97%	2.29%	2.49%	8.73%
s	2.25%	2.55%	2.29%	2.06%	9.14%
c	2.69%	2.94%	2.65%	2.45%	10.73%
i	3.22%	2.63%	2.79%	3.10%	11.73%
e	3.31%	2.60%	2.73%	3.28%	11.92%
t	2.95%	3.27%	2.84%	3.15%	12.21%
o	3.73%	2.55%	2.74%	3.19%	12.21%
d	2.97%	3.25%	2.99%	3.23%	12.45%
m	3.19%	3.19%	3.08%	3.30%	12.75%
l	3.62%	3.29%	3.37%	3.17%	13.45%
n	3.49%	3.47%	3.45%	3.33%	13.75%
b	3.27%	3.46%	3.43%	3.76%	13.92%
h	3.16%	3.42%	3.44%	3.95%	13.97%
p	3.80%	3.75%	3.55%	3.52%	14.62%
r	4.05%	3.58%	3.32%	3.74%	14.68%
g	3.50%	3.97%	3.66%	3.74%	14.87%
f	3.71%	3.91%	3.73%	4.05%	15.40%
y	5.03%	3.94%	4.75%	3.41%	17.13%
u	5.07%	3.88%	4.16%	4.39%	17.50%
w	4.09%	5.08%	4.69%	5.24%	19.10%
j	4.21%	4.99%	5.16%	5.29%	19.65%
k	4.45%	5.24%	5.19%	4.84%	19.71%
z	5.09%	5.18%	5.46%	4.83%	20.55%
x	5.30%	5.51%	5.77%	4.22%	20.81%
v	5.79%	5.57%	5.92%	5.96%	23.23%
q	6.11%	6.79%	6.57%	6.32%	25.79%

•••
rpanella said:
Is this what you are looking for krx?

I made a chart of all available LLLL.net showing how many have each letter in each position. Remember this is how many remain, so a lower percentage is better as it means more are taken.
FANTASTIC!!! :bingo:

I think this provides a very clear indicator of the relative value of each letter. But, even better than what I was thinking of, this chart also gives precise data on the value of the placement of each letter in the 1-4 spot. Really great work. I wish I knew how to do this kind of thing.

I would rep you 10 times but I'll have to settle for just once.

•••
Thanks for the rep. Its interesting how V is below both X and Z, I wonder if there is a reason for that?

It does seem to confirm the G, F, and H are among the lower quality out of the premium letters, as well as confirm most of the top premiums that people often quote (a,s,c,i,e).

•••
rpanella said:
Thanks for the rep. Its interesting how V is below both X and Z, I wonder if there is a reason for that?
Especially as the last letter. Seems very bad there. I think a lot of domainer's valuation of the letters is based on lore, not hard facts (in part because they're hard to come by). That's why I wanted the chart.

rpanella said:
It does seem to confirm the G, F, and H are among the lower quality out of the premium letters, as well as confirm most of the top premiums that people often quote (a,s,c,i,e).
Yes but I've always thought that H was "worse" than F and G, and that I was "worse" than O ... I'll have to re-think that now.

Some other interesting (at least to me) observations based on this chart:

Apart from the influence of patterns (eg, CVCV, AAAB, etc) and pronounceables, the “best” LLLL.net would be AICS.

Apart from it’s value as a Chinese premium (or anti-premium) the worst possible combo would be ZQXV.

The biggest “jump” in the chart is between F and Y – which would seem to confirm the natural break between “premium” and “non-premium” letters.

Y comes in before U but that’s only because Y is heavily favored in the 4 position. U is better in the 2 and 3 spot, and the two are neck and neck at no. 1.

Why does X do better at the 4 spot than U, W, J, K, and Z?

Last edited:
•••
Are available now:

VCVC:
Ozec.net
Evof.net

QuadPrem:
Dfhb.net
Tbdh.net
Cnbh.net
Ghld.net

•••
glabnet said:
Are available now:
QuadPrem:
Dfhb.net
Tbdh.net
Cnbh.net
Ghld.net
I regged those 4 QuadPrem, thanks.

•••
•••
THRG.net still available :D

•••
•••
yesterday i got TTMA

TTMA Truck Trailer Manufacturers Association
TTMA Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers Association
TTMA Texas Talent Musicians Association (San Antonio, TX)
TTMA Tennessee Tech Microcomputer Association
TTMA Taste the Maximum (band)
TTMA TT Marshals Association
TTMA To the Moon Alice (UK band)
TTMA Terminal Traffic Management Advisor
TTMA TT Marshals Association Ltd
TTMA Trinidad & Tobago Medical Association

Taken TLD's - Com, Org, Co.uk, Cn, Com.cn, Net.cn, Org.cn

Google - 234,000

•••
GODADDY .NET price is @ $14.99 per year or am I totally drunk?

Attachments

• godaddy.JPG
    godaddy.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 56
•••
Woah! I know the registry has raised prices but thats just too much!

•••
Yes, it is confirmed! :'(

GODADDY .NET registration is at $14.99! (renewal at $10.69)

Awesome! I'll just move all my .nets to Fabulous for $5.35 each and raise my LLLL.net sale price to $15 min!!!

•••
Shenron said:
Yes, it is confirmed! :'(

GODADDY .NET registration is at $14.99! (renewal at $10.69)

Awesome! I'll just move all my .nets to Fabulous for $5.35 each and raise my LLLL.net sale price to $15 min!!!
Do you have parking account at Fabulous???
Did you renewed .net domains at GoDaddy before that without coupons?
lol

•••
krx said:
Thanks. I'm pretty familiar w/GFNB and have made great use of it in the past. The problems there are that, to get a complete list, I'd have to check each letter four times (eg, "a" in the first spot and all 26 letters in spots 2, 3 and 4; then a in the second spot and all 26 letters in 1, 3 and 4, and so on for for each of the four spots and for all 26 letters). Also, GFNB is not kept up to date, at least not the last time I checked. It shows lots of reg'd domains as still available.

I've been working on an analysis of letter quality and value. I think the relative number of unreg'd LLLL.net domains that contain a given letter might be a good indicator of the quality (or desirability) and value of that letter. For example, there may be only 10,000 domains left with the letter A in them (at least once) while maybe 75,000 with the letter Q. So you could conclude that A is a lot better than Q ~ just to use an obvious example. But how might U and P compare? or W and H? That's what I'm after if that makes more sense.

The letters of the alphabet each sold out in a certain order for LLLL.coms. While it isn't the only indicator of their value, I think it is one good indicator. If anybody knows what that order is I'd also like to see that.
I;'ve been really busy recently, hence the lack of updates on GFNB.net. Sorry about that :)

When things get less busy I'll get things back up and running again.

•••
Ergo said:
Do you have parking account at Fabulous???

Yes I do.

Ergo said:
Did you renewed .net domains at GoDaddy before that without coupons?
lol

Yes I did, I got my Fabulous account afterwards and 27 of the names couldn't even be transfered away from Godaddy for 60 days.

•••
glabnet said:
MyXX - 36 from 640 are available now:
Code:
MyAG.net
MyBK.net
MyDQ.net
MyFK.net
MyIK.net
MyIY.net
MyIZ.net
MyJG.net
MyJH.net
MyJK.net
MyKD.net
MyKV.net
MyNQ.net
MyNV.net
MyOQ.net
MyQG.net
MyQK.net
MyQP.net
MyQV.net
MyQW.net
MyRR.net
MyUH.net
MyVF.net
MyVH.net
MyWK.net
MyWR.net
MyXD.net
MyXG.net
MyXN.net
MyXV.net
MyYH.net
MyYJ.net
MyYL.net
MyYV.net
MyYX.net
MyZH.net

I own MyVW.net

That by the way remineded me today of what I was going to do for the last few days - I finally bought some put options for VW shares :) Anyone has the same opinion?

Bruno, are you short or long on VW? Sorry for offtop.

Last edited:
•••
At 5.35 @ Fabulous, we may as well register names for 2 yrs min. :| Who knows what'll happen to registration fees NEXT year...

•••
vlad74 said:
Bruno, are you short or long on VW? Sorry for offtop.

Out of VW atm... shorted S&P on Monday and am laughing like a maniac today. :D :hehe:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back