Dynadot

LLLL.net COUNTDOWN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
New Member Disclaimer: Four letter domain names are a relatively new investment category that is only beginning to gain traction in Dotcom. This domaining sector offers potentially larger returns than traditional revenue or traffic based domain names, however with this investment opportunity comes extravagant risk.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It was only a matter of time... First King Com. Then .CN fell. And now... I present to you LLLL.net :!:

This thread is designed to elicit discussion about LLLL.nets. You're encouraged to post anything you feel is relevant to LLLL.nets in this thread. This includes sales information, new regs, ...

Feb 05, 2008: All quad premium LLLL.nets are registered

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
jweb.net said:
Right now only premiums seem to be hot. Chances are though you have held on to some triples or so for only a month and you can't expect much profit on those yet.

what about CVCV? I figure those will always have some value. That whole 10% of .com still applies or no? Haku.com just sold for $6k does that mean haku.net is worth around $600?

•••
Well yeah, cvcv are also hot.

•••
bgmv said:
what about CVCV? I figure those will always have some value. That whole 10% of .com still applies or no? Haku.com just sold for $6k does that mean haku.net is worth around $600?
Haku.net sold yesterday for $428 .. tho it would have been more if I had the reserves. It's a great and powerful CVCV w/29 million google results. Still roughly in the ballpark of the 10% rule.

Here are some rough computations of recent CVCV sales...

Range = $25 - $2500
Median sale = ~$95
Mean = ~$430
Mean minus top 5 sales = ~$255

citricsquid said:
I'm starting to regret getting so many mediocre LLLL.net's.
Not selling and I've got them at $7 :(
Where are they?

•••
Hey guys, I bought QuadPremiums.com a couple days ago. I just tossed something together last night, very very basic for now. I just wanted something up. I’m working on a much better layout. If any of you have quad premiums go to my site and email me your list. Don’t forget to include price and link if it’s parked under a different address then the actual domain you’re listing. If you don’t include a price I will label it as “make offer”. Please spread the word, thanks.

•••
citricsquid said:
I'm starting to regret getting so many mediocre LLLL.net's.
Not selling and I've got them at $7 :(
Are you talking about the one's that you listed one hour before your post??

•••
Like I have said before dont buy a domain expecting to sell it for more tommorrow!! :) you should be more then willing to hold your domains over one year to get anything out of them!!

•••
domainator1 said:
Like I have said before dont buy a domain expecting to sell it for more tommorrow!! :) you should be more then willing to hold your domains over one year to get anything out of them!!

over a year? how much are renewals for .nets? can you use coupons again to renew? for example i saw on gd tahts its liek 8.99 each for 6-20 .nets. thats more than i paid for to reg thesee =(

sorry newbie question.

•••
I get mine expecting to sell them the same day, lol.

•••
grapesac said:
over a year? how much are renewals for .nets? can you use coupons again to renew? for example i saw on gd tahts its liek 8.99 each for 6-20 .nets. thats more than i paid for to reg thesee =(

sorry newbie question.

yes, godaddy usually has coupons.

for the second year you may also transfer them to some other registrator, i.e. name.com ($5.99), moniker ($6.04), dynadot ($5.75) or internet.bs ($4.99) (free transer, you pay only costs of additional year)

•••
grapesac said:

sorry newbie question.
If the such was possible, I already would be the millionaire (today have bought - tomorrow have sold in 10 times more $).
Only the patience and a correct choice of good domains will help you to become rich. :great:

Last edited:
•••
Picked up another, enrd.net (nerd typo, i hope nerd.net gets developed :)) got it for $10 + regfee on tdnam

•••
Yoin.net - Not premium but semi pronounceable.

•••
jweb.net said:
Yoin.net - Not premium but semi pronounceable.

great domain, i like it :D. look like "join"!

•••
There are currently 210,198 LLLL.nets available (as at the 1st April 2008). Hence there's now only 45.98% of the total 456,976 LLLL.nets available.

This means there was a fall of 4,132 LLLL.net domains in March. - GFNB.net

Search for available domains

•••
Ross860 said:
great domain, i like it :D. look like "join"!

yea except for the Y instead of a J...

•••
lol, guess it could also be like Loin & Coin.

•••
jweb.net said:
lol, guess it could also be like Loin & Coin.

how much did you pay that?

•••
tristanperry said:
This means there was a fall of 4,132 LLLL.net domains in March.
What would be really useful, is a comparison between how quickly LLLL.coms were going when there were this many left, to their .net brothers. Does anybody have this sort of data saved somewhere? I think it would make it a lot easier to judge how significant this figure actually is.

•••
•••
•••
Well, I've been keeping off this thread and the sales report one for quite some time due to other commitments but now I read the entire thing and I saw quite a few opinions being tossed up.

I feel it is totally unrealistic to expect everyone to have patience to hold your domains till the buyout or even till December for that matter. Most of us here are in this for fun and don't care about making a massive profit. If a quick flip nets me a ROI of over 50 % (quick means 2 weeks) then I'm more than happy to sell.
Jason (jweb.net) is one of those like-minded individuals out here and that's perhaps the reason we trade such a lot :lol:

Those of you who can hold your domains for an year or more and pay for renewals and the such, good for you. Let the rest of us be.

•••
I unfortunately am being forced to put most of my LLLL.net domains up for sale.
I need some cash, so I a selling them :(
PM me if anyone interested, but yes I wish I could hold them as investments.

•••
HI

Did you make a post in the forum where you are selling them... how many you got..

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
A while back we had a discussion about the amount of natural traffic LLLL.net's get. I just checked my LLLL.net portfolio that I have parked @ Fab and found that 32% of my traffic is coming from India and 22% is coming from the US.

Doing a quick check of traffic for individual domains I found that triple premiums seem to get the most traffic and the highest CTR.

I'll drill down further a little later

cheers

•••
Can you post the domains too

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back