Domain Empire

LLLL.net COUNTDOWN

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
New Member Disclaimer: Four letter domain names are a relatively new investment category that is only beginning to gain traction in Dotcom. This domaining sector offers potentially larger returns than traditional revenue or traffic based domain names, however with this investment opportunity comes extravagant risk.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

It was only a matter of time... First King Com. Then .CN fell. And now... I present to you LLLL.net :!:

This thread is designed to elicit discussion about LLLL.nets. You're encouraged to post anything you feel is relevant to LLLL.nets in this thread. This includes sales information, new regs, ...

Feb 05, 2008: All quad premium LLLL.nets are registered

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Shorty said:
Am I the only one here that thinks they wont sell out totally? I have a feeling it'll end up stopping at around the 70~80% mark.
may depend in a big way on how fast and how far prices for "the dregs" of LLLL.com go in 2009 and beyond ... If/when anti-premium LLLL.com names go for $150+ in reseller market, would make sense that the corresponding LLLL.net could fetch a bit more than reg fee. Highly speculative to assume this is inevitable any time soon at this point, of course, but sooner or later seems like a reasonable chance of complete LLLL.net buyout.

•••
Who cares about a buyout, i mean sure it will happen, but the premium LLLL.net's are gonna go up even without it

•••
bobby9101 said:
Who cares about a buyout, i mean sure it will happen, but the premium LLLL.net's are gonna go up even without it

Who cares about a buyout?? Well I think anyone that is regging llll.nets to make money should care about a buyout.. It would be silly not to care!! llll.net prems may go up.. But not near as much without a buyout.. I agree with Filter.. It will all depend on llll.coms wholesale.. the entire 10% rule with follow for most Domainers. If llll.coms get up to $100.00 for wholesale you have llll.nets boughtout far quicker. if they stay below $60.00 there is no chance of a buyout imo...

•••
Question: Would it be worth it in the short run or even the long run to invest in LLLL.net''s? Yeah, LLL.net's are going strong but it took a long time to get to that plateau.,. LLLL.net's seem worth the hassle but I think their .com brethren would be a better bet for the next several years.

•••
It's worth it - obviously, LLLL.coms are going to be doing better, although every price rise for LLLL.coms is just another reason to invest in LLLL.nets instead :)

•••
just reged AMHU.net - Starting "A" & XIFT.net (Pronounsable)
do u guys think it worth money?

•••
There are currently 210,529 LLLL.nets available (as at the 29th March 2008). Hence there's now only 46.07% of the total 456,976 LLLL.nets available. - GFNB.net

Even though the domain market is relatively slow as of late, the available number will have fallen by around 4k in March :)

Run a search for available LLLL.net domains

Did you know there's only 8.4% of VCVC.net domains available?

-----

just reged AMHU.net - Starting "A" & XIFT.net (Pronounsable)
do u guys think it worth money?

AMHU.net - yep, I'd say that's worth it :)

As for XIFT.net, it's probably worth it as well, although there may be slightly better pronounceable out there.

Last edited:
•••
tristanperry said:
It's worth it - obviously, LLLL.coms are going to be doing better, although every price rise for LLLL.coms is just another reason to invest in LLLL.nets instead :)
I personally would only stick to all premiums. The others may take many years to be worth anything.

•••
Travis said:
I personally would only stick to all premiums. The others may take many years to be worth anything.
Yep, however (as an example) a month before the buyout, any LLLL.net domain would be good (i.e. because its value be probably be at least 100% within a couple of months).

Although for now it's obviously best to try and hunt out the best available LLLL.nets. There are still some great domains out there, waiting to be snapped up ;)

•••
Travis said:
agreed here

•••
Travis said:
I'd rather have something pronounceable like ulpu.net than hsrf.net or the like

•••
tristanperry said:
Yep, however (as an example) a month before the buyout, any LLLL.net domain would be good (i.e. because its value be probably be at least 100% within a couple of months).

Although for now it's obviously best to try and hunt out the best available LLLL.nets. There are still some great domains out there, waiting to be snapped up ;)
I beg to differ. That is just off speculation. That isn't a guarantee. I really don't think random LLLL.nets will be worth anything for years to come. I believe the premiums will start holding a steady value within a year though.

bobby9101 said:
I'd rather have something pronounceable like ulpu.net than hsrf.net or the like
If you do that, you might be interfering with Ulpu.com, which may be a well known site. With acronyms however, you have a more broad area to work with.

•••
That was just an example he gave. Even I'd prefer a pronounceable domain (real pronounceable not one of those so-called semi-pronounceables) over a quad premium. A quad premium does give you more acronyms to work with but I personally prefer to develop my domains sooner or later so having something which sticks in the minds of the people is the main factor I take into consideration.

•••
•••
•••
•••
jweb.net said:
PBFB.NET - Reg Fee.

I did not see such prices. Double B, 15$ min

•••
•••
I figured I may aswell post a list of what I've regged over the last few days - what do you guys think?

AYMO.NET, RKSR.NET, RRKO.NET, RRTU.NET, RPKR.NET, STWT.NET, TATK.NET, TFLU.NET, TMTU.NET, TSWT.NET, TTDU.NET, TTEZ.NET, TTFK.NET, TTJR.NET, TTMK.NET, TTMX.NET, TTMZ.NET, TTNU.NET, TTOZ.NET, TTWF.NET, TTXR.NET, TWRT.NET.

•••
Shorty said:
I figured I may aswell post a list of what I've regged over the last few days - what do you guys think?

AYMO.NET, RKSR.NET, RRKO.NET, RRTU.NET, RPKR.NET, STWT.NET, TATK.NET, TFLU.NET, TMTU.NET, TSWT.NET, TTDU.NET, TTEZ.NET, TTFK.NET, TTJR.NET, TTMK.NET, TTMX.NET, TTMZ.NET, TTNU.NET, TTOZ.NET, TTWF.NET, TTXR.NET, TWRT.NET.

In my personal opinion, I would of taken that $120 and bought two or three mediocre CVCV.net.

•••
bgmv said:
In my personal opinion, I would of taken that $120 and bought two or three mediocre CVCV.net.

shh he's regging them!! dont slow the process ;)

•••
Shorty said:

These look like fine regs to me.

I recently sold TTDJ.net for about $17 (minus about 20% volume discount in package deal)

TTNU ... heh.

In general - I think that if corresponding LLLL.com price is comfortably over $100, then it's a reasonable bet to pick up the LLLL.net ...

•••
domainator1 said:

LOL

•••
bgmv said:
That was one of my options. I started off thinking i'd only pick up half a dozen or so, until I started finding what I considered to be good ones all over the place. I'm happy with the choice anyway - this way, I have more possible end users, I have the risk of not selling spread out over many domains rather than just a few...more security at the cost of a little less profit, I can handle that.

domainator1 said:
Haha. I think I'm going to stop now anyway, or at least slow down.

filter said:
These look like fine regs to me.

I recently sold TTDJ.net for about $17 (minus about 20% volume discount in package deal)

TTNU ... heh.

In general - I think that if corresponding LLLL.com price is comfortably over $100, then it's a reasonable bet to pick up the LLLL.net ...
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Even if I'm completely wrong and LLLL.nets never take off, I'm pretty sure I'll still be able to make at least the reg fee back this time next year. If I profit off just a few of them, i'll be happy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back