Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

LLLL.com market FLOODED

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Chappy

VIP Member
Impact
28
I feared this would happen. There are so many LLLL.com's for sale now it is sure to hurt the value. I think this is what happen when you have a pool of over 400,000 possible combinations. As more buyers turn into sellers the prices must come down...

Does anyone share this concern?
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Trying to get cheap prices? I saw your thread about buying quad premiums @ $250...

I think you're better off paying $400 per than trying to convince the market that prices are going anywhere but up.

*whispers: visit TDVR.com*
 
0
•••
agreed. I sold 175 @ $21 a few months ago.. That was a much more realistic price if you ask me..
 
0
•••
I agree with the 'Suppy vs. Demand' principle, IMHO ... and don't see the most random of LLLL .com's, really, worth more than "Quick Sales" of $Xx - Low $Xxx+ with an increasing supply, in my view. Of course, good to very good lettering combinations - for instance, those that are actual words - have higher probable long-term valuations and potential at the End user level! :gl: :imho:

Don't put all your eggs into the LLLL basket, in other words. :lala:
-Jeff B-)
 
0
•••
Yeah it's getting harder to sell good LLLL.com's.
I think there is a little less demand now.
 
0
•••
1. Premium LLLL.Net countdown
2. NNNNN.Com countdown

Registrars like Godaddy enjoying all that cash flow in new registrations so obviously it would hurt LLLL.Coms
 
0
•••
There's less demand for good LLL.coms too. It just the market situation right now... I can't even get lowball offers on 2 of my LLL.coms :lol:

Oh well, going to develop one of them shortly, so that'll be 1 less LLL.com on the market :tu:

It's not LLLL.com prices going down though imho, it's the whole market which has gone down a bit since early February. In perspective to other things, LLLL.coms are doing quite well still and prices on quad premiums are most certainly not going down!

How many buyouts have we had lately now (quad LLLL.nets, NNNNN.coms, any more lol?). Certainly draining funds from the market.

Netizen said:
1. Premium LLLL.Net countdown
2. NNNNN.Com countdown

Registrars like Godaddy enjoying all that cash flow in new registrations so obviously it would hurt LLLL.Coms
 
0
•••
Reece said:
There's less demand for good LLL.coms too. It just the market situation right now... I can't even get lowball offers on 2 of my LLL.coms :lol:

lol, just let me know if you need some $5k offers on LLL.com's :hehe:

I've purchased a few good LLLL.com's for development as well.
 
0
•••
It all comes down to what people are willing to sell for. As long as people's asking prices stay high and people are willing to buy, the market will be fine. It is just when people start undercutting each other where the prices start to fall.
 
1
•••
they're just bubbles. "Oh, look, short domains are available (ytjk.com), they're useless, but i'm getting one"
Though, the real LLLL.coms are worth something (ie. fish.com) being keyword, everything else is just getting sold and re-sold, never leaving the domainer's circle to an end user. The prices may go up, but they will go up very slowly while everyone with the keyword domains, even .mobi will gain speed. :imho:
LLLLL.coms are going to be fun. I think NP will have to ban thread selling those as we'll be overwhelmed.
 
0
•••
Well, let's take a vote? Who here won't buy quad-crap letters (qvxy) LLLL.com for $50 BIN ?
 
Last edited:
0
•••
Reece said:
There's less demand for good LLL.coms too. It just the market situation right now... I can't even get lowball offers on 2 of my LLL.coms :lol:
Well let me help you out, $5,250 each now, 'hammer down'. I'll have Moniker start escrow today. PM me your email info.

:alien:
 
0
•••
Guys, I think with the whole Paypal & GoDaddy scam that is happening, not a lot of people are actually selling LLLL dot coms at this time. I've seen more LLLL dot coms on sale few weeks ago than now.

The prices are not going down at all. Again, it is what the seller is willing to sell his/her domains for. I certainly will not sell my LLLL again for less. I am GLAD I didn't sell my LLLL dot coms BECAUSE they are getting ton of FREE traffic. I am developing and adding contents to all of my LLLL dot coms. If there is a need be one day for me to sell few for obvious bill payments, then I will sell them but not in a hurry to cash out. If prices go down, I will be the first to BUY MORE!
 
0
•••
Enjoy the low prices while they disappear.

Think of the 4 letter market like a company with a stock float of 400K shares. As more news comes out that is positive it will drive the price of the 'shares' up. Just as any negative news may drive prices down or as you say "flooding" the bid can do the same. However with the entry of so many new market participants I don't see that happening to much except maybe in specific exchanges like namepros for example where most of the buyers are shrewd/cheap or both.. :)
 
0
•••
mlmleads said:
Think of the 4 letter market like a company with a stock float of 400K shares. As more news comes out that is positive it will drive the price of the 'shares' up. Just as any negative news may drive prices down or as you say "flooding" the bid can do the same. However with the entry of so many new market participants I don't see that happening to much except maybe in specific exchanges like namepros for example where most of the buyers are shrewd/cheap or both.. :)

Totally agree with you. I am converting my LLLL stocks (at least 250 of them) to a network of content sites. Soon will be releasing the details on that.

I did a test run on one of my LLLL dot com over the past 6 weeks. Right now Google has indexed 6000 pages from that site, Page rank is 2 and daily hits has reached close to 100 uniques. It is turning a profit of $1+ a day. I don't think I need to sell this domain any more. I am going to do the same with the rest of my short L-LL or LL-L or L-L-L or LLLL names because they get natural traffic. We just need to find a way to cash it.
 
0
•••
netklick said:
Totally agree with you. I am converting my LLLL stocks (at least 250 of them) to a network of content sites. Soon will be releasing the details on that.

I did a test run on one of my LLLL dot com over the past 6 weeks. Right now Google has indexed 6000 pages from that site, Page rank is 2 and daily hits has reached close to 100 uniques. It is turning a profit of $1+ a day. I don't think I need to sell this domain any more. I am going to do the same with the rest of my short L-LL or LL-L or L-L-L or LLLL names because they get natural traffic. We just need to find a way to cash it.

netklick Pm or post your site here I would like to look at what you did with it. I own 425 of them currently after I foolishly sold over 200 of them then realized there were no original registrations left on the market. Anyway maybe I will develope all of mine we can do some cross link trades 4 letter to 4 letter through out the whole group if you want? Let me know.
 
0
•••
mlmleads said:
netklick Pm or post your site here I would like to look at what you did with it. I own 425 of them currently after I foolishly sold over 200 of them then realized there were no original registrations left on the market. Anyway maybe I will develope all of mine we can do some cross link trades 4 letter to 4 letter through out the whole group if you want? Let me know.

Hey, there are many things we can do as domainers together here. I will share my link with you guys soon. I am setting up few more LLLL dot coms and will share the info on the original and the follow up soon.

Once developed or have some contents of its own (not parked), the value of these short letter dot coms only goes up. Not planning to sell them under $499 for any of my domain names unless I need cash for bill payments (hosting, etc).
 
0
•••
fonzie_007 said:
It all comes down to what people are willing to sell for. As long as people's asking prices stay high and people are willing to buy, the market will be fine. It is just when people start undercutting each other where the prices start to fall.
exactly.

I'm seeing a few people who bought LLLL.com from me @ around $30 in January now putting them on sale @ 60+ ... A few months from now will see some of the new holders reach their "100% ROI flip threshold" to list them again at 120+ ...

Prices in the long run have a long way to go on the upside. In the meantime, it might be a "3 steps forward, 1 or 2 steps back" pattern as prices climb the ladder.

And at a steady rate, the supply in the reseller market is ever-so-slowly evaporating as some of these "random" LLLL.com find loving homes with end users large and small. I know at least one of the pieces I sold on eBay recently already has. And several of the ones I've bought from other resellers won't be coming back on the market in my lifetime.

So - while plenty of sellers out there - also plenty of buyers. And as far as I can tell - the buyers tend to be more motivated than the sellers (for the most part). Which is why prices are a minimum of 100% higher across the board compared to what they were in December. And IMO are quite likely to double again by May - with a few 20% steps backward and forward along the way.
 
0
•••
well i had this feeling seeing the prices so i just sold of all my llll accept one as tht is registered till 2010
 
0
•••
Filter,

Valid Point.. As I said I own 425 for investment. I have another 10 or so with projects planned behind them and I won't be selling those unless it is as a whole business.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back