IT.COM

.mobi LLL.mobi goes quickly

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
anyone can tell how many LLL.mobi available now? i noted some LLL.mobi which favor, and i find they all gone today. some guys or companies maybe crazy regged LLL.mobi because the keyboard mobile phones?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Pretty much.

They're all gone.

•••
I still don't get the love for LLL.mobi. What on earth are they useful for? Besides scarcity, I can only think of one LLL.com that I visit on a near daily basis (CNN.com).

•••
LLLs are more powerful dns for .com or .mobi.

•••
•••
ezinaz said:
I still don't get the love for LLL.mobi. What on earth are they useful for? Besides scarcity, I can only think of one LLL.com that I visit on a near daily basis (CNN.com).

On a mobile phone keypad shorter = better.

•••
whatwhatwhat said:
On a mobile phone keypad shorter = better.

shorter doesnt always equal better. I would much rather have ringtones.mobi or creditcards.mobi than something like gpz.mobi or wnt.mobi. Most phones will eventually have qwerty keypads and possibly voice recognition in the future and any name can show up in search engine and be bookmarked.

•••
Are all LLL.mobi really all gone?

•••
•••
wow that was quick...I should have grabbed a few more

•••
Lots of us wish we had bought more.

nrmillions said:
shorter doesnt always equal better. I would much rather have ringtones.mobi or creditcards.mobi than something like gpz.mobi or wnt.mobi. Most phones will eventually have qwerty keypads and possibly voice recognition in the future and any name can show up in search engine and be bookmarked.

I expect that ringtones.mobi and creditcards.mobi are reserved, if not pool would have grabbed them --- surely they were never available for $18.

The qwerty keypad is a lot larger than the numeric keypad. This assures that the numeric will not be replaced for smaller uses until voice comes around. And voice is not useable in many situations where either silence or privacy is needed. Even with voice you would probably have to spell out most domains, which takes time and causes errors. So I expect the numeric keypad will continue to be useful, although there will be more qwerty and voice. Thus short and low keystroke names will always have an advantage. That is why I choose mostly 4 and 5 tap LLL's (too late for the 3's).

•••
I think its good to have some LLL, and I have some, but I dont think they are the only good names. If a kid is sitting in class and wanting to browse the web on their phone I dont think they will just randomly go to something like jwz.mobi. They would probably be more likely to go to freeringtones.mobi. If you are in a place where you must be silent and cant use voice then you can always go to your favorites or use a search engine on your phone.

accentnepal said:
Lots of us wish we had bought more.

I expect that ringtones.mobi and creditcards.mobi are reserved, if not pool would have grabbed them --- surely they were never available for $18.

The qwerty keypad is a lot larger than the numeric keypad. This assures that the numeric will not be replaced for smaller uses until voice comes around. And voice is not useable in many situations where either silence or privacy is needed. Even with voice you would probably have to spell out most domains, which takes time and causes errors. So I expect the numeric keypad will continue to be useful, although there will be more qwerty and voice. Thus short and low keystroke names will always have an advantage. That is why I choose mostly 4 and 5 tap LLL's (too late for the 3's).

•••
nrmillions said:
.....If you are in a place where you must be silent and cant use voice then you can always go to your favorites or use a search engine on your phone.
At that point any name would work as well as any other and the only value would be keywords for SEO and perhaps recognition. Keyword-Keyword-Keyword.any tld.

....and all of us are out of business.

•••
.mobi = waste of money ... big time... think about it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back