Dynadot

question Llama2.com redirecting to X-Twitter Home Page?

NameSilo
Watch

MariaEl

Upgraded Member
Impact
Hi everyone! Is this correct? I typed the URL address several times today (on different devices), and each of them I was promptly redirected to X site. I tried Google search and Bing, but haven't found any answer yet. I think it is funny because the domain name was said to be bought by META -sort of rival to Mr. Musk. I am not sure whether anyone finds this interesting, so sorry if I am bothering you with the question, I am just curious...

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me, llama2.com doesn't work, www.llama2.com redirects to twitter.com
The domain has whois details hidden behind DomainsByProxy, I don't think facebook would do that.
meta.com has public data.
In contrast, ai.com has private whois and it was also mysteriously redirected after a reported sale, first to openai.com and now to x.ai. Someone likes to play games.

•••
Upvote 0
Thank you very much for your answer! Let's wait and see...

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Both with and without the www redirect to Twitter for me..

•••
Upvote 0
It was some company offering their SAP software solutions before the redirect. They likely bought the domain with the sole intent to capitalize on the recent news (announcement of Llama2). Could be that Twitter (X) made a move and bought it from them.

•••
Upvote 0
It was some company offering their SAP software solutions before the redirect. They likely bought the domain with the sole intent to capitalize on the recent news (announcement of Llama2). Could be that Twitter (X) made a move and bought it from them.
Really interesting, thanks for the info!

•••
Upvote 0
Hi everyone! Is this correct? I typed the URL address several times today (on different devices), and each of them I was promptly redirected to X site. I tried Google search and Bing, but haven't found any answer yet. I think it is funny because the domain name was said to be bought by META -sort of rival to Mr. Musk. I am not sure whether anyone finds this interesting, so sorry if I am bothering you with the question, I am just curious...

Ok, we know how bad Zuckerberg is when it comes to domains, but still, why would Meta wait to buy Llama2.com until Llama2 has been publicly announced? On the other hand, we know that Musk is interested in domain names and also likes to play games. This could be him showing to Zuck (and everyone else for that matter) that Meta should have bought the name, or register it while it was still available. Or this could be some third party demonstrating that Meta should buy the name. (The difference is that Musk probably isn't very interested in selling.) Or that third party is trying to get Musk to buy the name so that he could play his games...

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Ok, we know how bad Zuckerberg is when it comes to domains, but still, why would Meta wait to buy Llama2.com until Llama2 has been publicly announced? On the other hand, we know that Musk is interested in domain names and also likes to play games. This could be him showing to Zuck (and everyone else for that matter) that Meta should have bought the name, or register it while it was still available. Or this could be some third party demonstrating that Meta should buy the name. (The difference is that Musk probably isn't very interested in selling.) Or that third party is trying to get Musk to buy the name so that he could play his games...
When I first read the thread by the seller of the domain, I thought the name was old and probably had been first registered by a Spanish-speaking party as a variation of "Llamados", a word that we use both for meaning "Calls" and "(Those who have been) called"-the latter being a vocational reference. I assumed it was either an expired or a caught domain. But lookup results turned that it had been registered in February, 2023. Nevertheless, Wayback archive shows the existence of the same name from 2010 through 2021, although I wasn't able to further satisfy my curiosity, because for that period, all captures return an error message not allowing me to see the content (coincidentally):

Error. Page cannot be displayed. Please contact your service provider for more details. (21)​

So maybe here we have worthwhile stuff for the plot of a domain-related movie some members were calling to be made...:xf.smile:

Well, once again, thank you all who have read and interacted with this, my first thread on NamePros. I am writing these posts with sincere, due respect to all parties involved, and just for the sake of learning and understanding the domain names world a little further.

Thanks for your kind patience!

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
They don't need llama2.com. do you really think that name is going to stick around? No wonder they haven't got it, it's crap

•••
Upvote 0
They don't need llama2.com. do you really think that name is going to stick around? No wonder they haven't got it, it's crap
I see your point... Then perhaps the domain purchase and redirection is just a sort of "internal joke" between business people that are sharing a good laugh over it.

Thank you very much for commenting on my first thread!

•••
Upvote 0
its okay, they dont need it, they will just use llama2.net

•••
Upvote 0
Anyone can redirect a domain to any other domain so it could be or not

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Yep, still redirects to twitter

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back