IT.COM

.live good for investment ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

cybernet

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hello everyone ,

Is .live good for investment ? please share your opinions about .live .. thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It looks like it costs $17.99 on GD to register. (I have DDC.)

As far as new gTLDs go, I kind of like this one. Anyone know how long it has been out?

•••
No it's not. While 'live' is a very good word, the best combinations are already taken, reserved or end-user grade priced. While it's difficult to find very good new gtld domains available for hand-registration your best chance is with donuts owned tlds as they released all reserved domains over the summer. Of course the best ones are taken but you can still find domains worthy of the investment in those tlds.

Nat Hunt, .live GA was on 2015-10-28 .You can search each tld at https://ntldstats.com/launch

•••
I hadn't heard of it but I got an e-mail from DynaDot yesterday saying they had them on sale: $8.99.

I was not really thinking of it as a domain investor, but just thinking about how key it can be to signal that something is "live" AKA happening right now and being broadcast.

Anyway, it doesn't seem that expensive, unless 2nd year renewals are much higher.

Thanks for the info @Kostas. So it has only been out barely over two months. Could be interesting. Who knows.

•••
is it .live as in "live performance"

or...

is it .live, as in "live or die"

ponder to yourself, while jeopardy music plays in the background

imo....

•••
^ it means whatever you want it to mean. It would just depend on what word is in front of the dot. Just like with many other TLDs, the words can have multiple meanings.

.Watch for example, is a pretty unpopular extension (few registrations) I believe because most people automatically think of a wrist watch, apparel which is in major decline these days. But I registered quite a few .watch domains because the word watch is everywhere as a keyword for multimedia and broadcasting online.

.live is a great extension IMO, but any name worth registering is set at such a ridiculous premium price that I can't even imagine many huge companies with deep pockets would be able to justify purchasing. 60k per year? I mean cmon!

•••
^ it means whatever you want it to mean.

i think it's not about you, or what you want it to mean.... it's about each pair of eyes who looks at it and how they interpret it.

particularly when there is potential for confusion.

imo...

•••
•••
i think it's not about you, or what you want it to mean.... it's about each pair of eyes who looks at it and how they interpret it.

particularly when there is potential for confusion.

imo...

it's like 3dfootball.live or 3dsports.live , everyone could get confused as to what '.live' stands for, right? :rolleyes:
...although I agree with your logic, I don't think it is valid regarding this extension

Also, instead of being negative why not being positive? think of reality.live, it could have two meanings, like 'live' the reality and 'live' reality show

there are some really confusing and/or bad new extensions out there, I don't think this is one of them

•••
Simple. Why .live and not .online?In other words, a potential buyer will tell you that he can register a similar extension for his project. This is an issue for a large number of new gtld's.

•••
Simple. Why .live and not .online?In other words, a potential buyer will tell you that he can register a similar extension for his project. This is an issue for a large number of new gtld's.

'cause .live has a different meaning than .online? ...and it's also shorter which -to my eyes at least- looks better

also, don't forget that with all those extensions out there a 'potential buyer' can tell you that they can register on a whole lot other extensions (eg. watch). The whole point is to prove to them that the extension you hold is the better one.

anyway, ngtlds still haven't proved their worth, only time will tell if our investments pay off.. it's really too early to comment on anything

•••
news.live is available, Registry Premium Domain $60,000 :|

•••
news.live is available, Registry Premium Domain $60,000 :|

The grammar is wrong. I'm not sure why News.Live is premium. I'd like to prefer Live.News.

•••
This was a tough one, high pricing and many reserved. If I recall I think I just got Seats.live and Seat.live and pretty much gave up after that.

•••
diamond.live - Available - Registry Premium Domain $120

•••
The grammar is wrong. I'm not sure why News.Live is premium. I'd like to prefer Live.News.

GTLDs should build reputation and image around them, so it does not have to be in the correct order ... for example news.ca is good for Canadians familiar with the .ca extension as a trusted extension for Canadian websites..

•••
GTLDs should build reputation and image around them, so it does not have to be in the correct order ... for example news.ca is good for Canadians familiar with the .ca extension as a trusted extension for Canadian websites..
It's different. You can not compare verb extension and cctld extension .CA is country code geo domain. News.CA is perfect. News in Canada. Live.News is also perfect combination. Live News. Not for News.Live.

•••
...although I agree with your logic, I don't think it is valid regarding this extension

Also, instead of being negative why not being positive?

Hi

your comment is contrary, in that....
"if you agree with my logic, while also considering it to be a negative opinion."

if it is logical, then it is not a negative opinion, but one that should be considered, if one is smart enough to consider both sides of the coin.

to only state favorable, biased opinions, serves no one.

imo...

•••
There's a nice list of .live sites can be found there, many with potential SEO in the right hands

if you type in: afternic(dot)com(slash)326005

Some of them are (maybe not listed in the page above):

A soccer cup that takes place every year, it'll hit top in the searches in the area on the time of the tournament
copalibertadores
libertadores

Making allusion to DirecTV or if you have a streaming channel where you can direct tv, live to the viewers
directtv

ivt can be for ITV.com the biggest UK TV network or international TV channel streaming

latam it's a generic acronym meaning all Latin American live events or shows, you could have streams for nba.latam instead of www(dot)nba(dot)com/enebea/nba_global_tv.html

skysport could be for streaming of all sky related sports, in the near future, even drone races!

marca Marca is the biggest sports magazine in Spain, but it's generic as "marca" means "brand", so it could have many brands events as subdomains like marca(dot)live/nike or marca(dot)live/puma to give some examples

hbo aside from the obvious*, could be for live events of the Hollywood Bowl Orchesta, Hamilton's Basketball Organization (Recreation League in Canadian City) and even Huff, Barrington and Owens (Health tech informatics)

tigo, tigosports and tycsports are some of the bggest referrals of sports in latin america, so those are great for the firms themselves

Well, those can be great examples of how to use the .live extensions

•••
•••
•••
If you go by sales history on NameBio, it's a terrible investment:

https://namebio.com/?s==cTN2cDN4kTM

Fans of new gTLDs will tell you the extension is a future investment that is likely to grow in popularity, but they are only guessing. Until someone can show you data of consistent sales and end user use in this (or any) new TLD extension, they really are best to avoid unless you know what you're buying.

The only users on this forum who seem to have any experience in selling new TLDs are @Fancy.domains and @kerala. They might be able to give you a more informed answer.

•••
If anyone has some good .live names (with standard renewals) I am buying now, just PM me.

I honestly do not care about namebio in this case :) I am renewing my best .live names 8-9 years ahead instantly, without even thinking about .it. Yes, it is a future bet, I do not have urgent intention to sell them now, unless for a pretty high price.

•••
If you go by sales history on NameBio, it's a terrible investment:

https://namebio.com/?s==cTN2cDN4kTM

Fans of new gTLDs will tell you the extension is a future investment that is likely to grow in popularity, but they are only guessing. Until someone can show you data of consistent sales and end user use in this (or any) new TLD extension, they really are best to avoid unless you know what you're buying.

The only users on this forum who seem to have any experience in selling new TLDs are @Fancy.domains and @kerala. They might be able to give you a more informed answer.

My answer(s) will be the same as before.

I like a ngTLD if:

A) The keyword match well with the TLD. Such as: Football.live.

B) The combo (in this case “Footballlive”) is taken in .com, .org, .net, .co.uk, and hopefully in a few more extensions.

C) The price and renewal fee is reasonable, in comparison with the quality of the name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back