Live Auction Here to support Eric Lyon

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
I wanted to propose that we put together a live auction here in chat to benefit Eric Lyon.

There would be a one time fee to list your names in the auction and then 20% of the winning bid price to be donated. I will run the live auction as I have ran them in the past. No fees will be paid to myself or Namepros, all monies to go to Eric Lyon.

@Edward Zeiden @Paul Buonopane Let me know what you guys think and we can get this started and promoted.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will help in whatever way possible.

•••
Sound good to me.
I used to run these live auctions years ago from another forum. Here are some questions that you need to answer:
- Where since I think we do not have the chat room anymore.
- You need some help to select the names that people submit to you - There will be ton of junk names
- Record keeping - Who is selling and who is buying and how do you collect the auction fees?

I can help if the date and time does not conflict with my schedule. Also considering other members here beside Eric will need help too. I met Eric and his wife in Houston last year and I believe there are at least 2 other members live in TX too.

John

•••
•••
Sound good to me.
I used to run these live auctions years ago from another forum. Here are some questions that you need to answer:
- Where since I think we do not have the chat room anymore.
- You need some help to select the names that people submit to you - There will be ton of junk names
- Record keeping - Who is selling and who is buying and how do you collect the auction fees?

I can help if the date and time does not conflict with my schedule. Also considering other members here beside Eric will need help too. I met Eric and his wife in Houston last year and I believe there are at least 2 other members live in TX too.

John

We still have a chat room.

Well first to auction names you have to pay $10 by Paypal possibly Payoneer if some need to use that.

Then the auction results will be kept and I would prefer that if you won a name for $100, you pay the seller $80 and Namepros $20.

We do have to figure out who will collect the money, Edward, Paul etc..

•••
•••
You might consider limiting entrants (sellers) to established members, or those with positive trader scores, for example.

Just my 2cts.

•••
Would anyone here know Eric's PayPal ?

•••
•••
Count me in, and let me know if there is anything I can do as well!

•••
Just wondering, will all the listing fees also be donated?

•••
•••
Brandon Abbey has agreed to have Payoneer get involved and be the escrow agent for this event, charging no fees.

We are in the early planning for the event, more updates to come.

•••
I'm in, time to give something back!

•••
I guess now's a good time to sign up with payoneer:xf.smile:

•••
•••
Thank you very much, Raymond. That is a great idea. I have sent you a DM to coordinate.

Eric’s PayPal email is [email protected]. For anyone planning on sending Eric funds via PayPal, please read PayPal’s FAQ on gift payments first.

Thank you for that information @Edward Zeiden
I sent Eric a PM earlier today In hopes he would contact me back. God answered my prayers..

"Quote"
Thank you for your prayers and kind gesture. It's more than we could ever hope for. My PayPal is: [email protected]

We are safe right now, but as you may have read, we lost everything (House, cars, belongings, etc.). You can find a complete update from sstart to finish on my public facebook thread here: https://www.facebook.com/eric.lyon.399/posts/10159062124250276

God bless you and thank you for your kindness.
"End quote"

I would like to request that his PayPal info is included in any/all support threads. As auctions and gofundme can take some time to achieve.

Screenshot_20170830-180826.png

Last edited:
•••
I make sure to set aside some of my budget to bid...
Will keep a eye on for updates.

•••
•••
•••
Awesome idea Ray... looking forward to updates.

•••
•••
•••
I updated @Edward Zeiden and @Doron Vermaat we will get some stuff organized next week, I woke up Thursday morning to my Father passing away, so need to take care of some stuff.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back