NameSilo

discuss List of no transfer lock registrars

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jd854

Established Member
Impact
ICANN clearly allows for (60 day) transfer locks to be removed. Any registrar claiming differently is not familiar with the rules as set out by ICANN.

Sadly, many registrars do not allow to opt out of a 60 day transfer lock. I am in a situation whereby the ICANN verification email delivery failed, triggering a change of registrant email address so that it could be delivered, which in turn triggered the 60 day transfer lock, which the registrar refuses to lift.

So other namepros may be duly informed, I propose to build a list of domain registrars who do not impose and/or allow the transfer lock to be lifted on request.

Let me start the list:
Dynadot: automatic allowing of transfer
internet.bs: manual allowing of transfer

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Overall, there are 2 types of locks:
1) after registration/transfer (another story);
2) after change of Registrant (asked by OP).
1st type is archaic and applied by Registries (Afilias and CentralNic TLDs), serverTransferProhibited.
So even if registrar allows you to transfer - no chances to transfer it.

Last edited:
•••
Dunno about that. All I know is that you can opt out and it was enabled automatically for me. My account predates 2016 when the new ICANN regulation came into effect.

Works for both Transfers and change of registrant (pushed, updates) in my experience.
In 2019 I had such issue @namesilo when .online was transferred-in and I wasn't able to push it to the buyer, their system applied 60 day lock even per push.
I spent a few hours in their LiveChat to unlock and to push it.

Last edited:
•••
Quoted from another thread : @tonyk2000 , Aug 7, 2020

"Com/net domain transferred: 60 days lock can be removed by registrar. They have no obligation to, but this can be done.
Com/net domain just registered: 60 days lock is set on registrty level. It is not removeable.

Org domains: 60 days lock applied by the registry to both new regs and transfers.

Other extensions: needs to be checked 1 by 1"

•••
•••
I've gotten a auth code within a few minutes on NameCheap but when I used it it didn't work, yet it was a few hours after and it may have expired.
Try them out, they aren't on any bs, not like GoDaddy verification crap..

•••
Just wanted to chime in with Epik enforcing 60 day transfer lock and making me loose an important domain name sale. Their support sent a whole lot of BS claiming to copy ICANN rules, I referred them to the ICANN web site instead of their own web site, but they refuse nonetheless saying they can if they pretty please impose a 60 day transfer lock, and keep your domains "hostage". Epik is a waste of time, and a loss of ability to sell domain names. Be warned or disappointed at loosing a sale.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back