IT.COM

Links in your Signature - Is it worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
would having links to some of my domains in my sig, make any difference?

would it make google crawl my site more?

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I've tested this, and yes it works. Google and other search engines can find your websites rather quickly when you link to them from your forum signature.

•••
ok thanks :)

how would u put it in your sig? like how you have it or a clickable link?

•••
Go to User CP and then click on edit signature.

•••
•••
-RJ- said:
Just like this,

Code:
[url=http://www.namepros.com]Domain Forum[/url]

thats what i wanted to know, thanks -RJ-

•••
test

im only puttin my domains with whois protection...kinda iffy im thinkin now, is it safe? to show ur domains?.....

•••
I edited my post above with the link to the BBCode instructions. I wanted to provide an example here, but it makes it into a link. Also, I should mention that getting Google to index your domain is really only useful if you have a website there. Domains parked with parking revenue programs are seldom found in search results.

j0e said:
test

im only puttin my domains with whois protection...kinda iffy im thinkin now, is it safe? to show ur domains?.....

Safe, what do you mean?

•••
someone tryin to hijack my account or prank calls

•••
Place a link to your site in various directories (or two) each day and you will be suprised how much that will help with SEO

•••
j0e said:
someone tryin to hijack my account or prank calls
I have never used whois protection and I have never had any problems.

•••
•••
It's always a good idea to link to your websites/domains in your signature. It's not only free advertising but it does help the search engines find and place you.

•••
-RJ- said:
Domains parked with parking revenue programs are seldom found in search results.

True, but with great keywords they can pop-up enough to make it worthwhile (I get a few a day on some domains, worth it to me ;) ).

As far as whether or not it's worth it to put your domains in your sig, how about you ask the guy that has about 15 in his at any time ;) (Look down slightly....)

-Allan

•••
Would you guys think that it would help the most if your Domains listed in your Sig were Domain / Hosting / Generally Webmaster related (as an example in NamePros) ?

I'm thinking it would be best somewhat under the same Category of Different Types of forums ....

•••
I've seen my signatures pop up in Google, so I think it works well :D!

True_Snake

•••
•••
SIgnature URL's

It is the best SEO Method I have found for Non-Standard tld's
like .me.uk , id.au , geek.nz (I just love that tld)

•••
I just like showcasing some of my domains in my sig :)

•••
wow, i didnt think that posting my link in my signiture would help :o thnx guys im gonna put my website in all my signitures :D

•••
Redneck ~ One of the links in your Signature isn't linked properly ATM - :)

<http:// http:// www .gypsyanswers.com>

Last edited:
•••
It still isn't fixed - lol .... Try clicking on the Gypsy one .... :)

•••
msn also index the link, I'm happy.

•••
nicedomain4sale said:
msn also index the link, I'm happy.

^^ :bingo:

I just added to my Namepros Signature© today ... with a VERY cool link to "anchored text" (though I may have to do some refining and optimizing here shortly), IMHO. :gl:

There is GREAT leveraging abilities here with our Sig's, if utilized properly ... in my humble view. Staff™ is also working on ways for this to work effectively for more of you - the #1 Namepros community! :tu: :talk:

Have a great Memorial Day! :music:
-Jeff B-)

•••
Sure the links are worth putting in your signature. I have seen that I get some people that click the links and also I notice that they get spidered by the major search engines. It is a free and easy way to get more traffic and backlinks especially if you post alot here.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back