Dynadot

information .LINK binge progress

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Sorry to have to start another thread regarding .LINK, but i wasn't able to answer questions "if" there was a "link" of any kind in the text of the post/message I was responding to.

I was able to hand register slightly more than a thousand names with about 20 of them being "Premium" names that sold for $116 each, and one that I purchased for $478, the corresponding .com is valued at $8,800,000.

Since a host of individuals have confirmed that, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ", I just knew .link was a good alternative to .com and a good rival for .xyz :xf.wink:

Curious anyone? Lets have some fun(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
One does not have any influence the other.

My future domain purchase bobbadingdongflubbawubba.com will be for sale for 100 million billion dollars if you want it, doesn't make the equivalent .link worth the same, or not.
"One does not have any influence over the other" - Oh contraire mon fraire....did i say .link and .com are "worth the same"? A buddy of mine drives a Bentley that cost him 250K and i drive a Ford Escape that i paid 30K for. We both use our vehicles for "transportation", and as close as i can tell they both accomplish the same mission. MAD, and you're telling me one does not have any influence over the other:xf.rolleyes:

•••
about .LINK; "they are an inferior choice".....that's your OPINION Joe, and you know what they say about opinions:xf.rolleyes:
It's only an opinion if you don't define the context. I'm talking about them in terms of potential for sales compared to decent .com names. Lots of facts to back up that "opinion". But in the context of collecting them and showing them off (your approach), sure they're great.
Dollar.link could just as easily lead to the website for "Dollar Rent a Car" making them equal conduits to the same destination. To draw a comparison, my gas powered car can take me safely to the same destination as your electric car Joe.
Yes, it could... but it doesn't.

•••
"One does not have any influence over the other" - Oh contraire mon fraire....did i say .link and .com are "worth the same"? A buddy of mine drives a Bentley that cost him 250K and i drive a Ford Escape that i paid 30K for. We both use our vehicles for "transportation", and as close as i can tell they both accomplish the same mission. MAD, and you're telling me one does not have any influence over the other:xf.rolleyes:

Rolex is a watch brand.
Timex is a watch brand.

They both tell time.

One costs tens of thousands of dollars.
The other cost tens of dollars.

It is not just about "function".

If that was true then .hiphop or .horse is just as good as .link. They function the same way afterall.

Rolex = .com
Timex = .link

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Rolex is a watch brand.
Timex is a watch brand.

They both tell time.

One costs tens of thousands of dollars.
The other cost tens of dollars.

It is not just about "function".

If that was true then .hiphop or .horse is just as good as .link. They function the same way afterall.

Rolex = .com
Timex = .link

Brad
You're finally catching on Brad.....what you fail to realize is there's a HUGE market for fake Rolex's, and who better to sell fake Rolex's than:xf.wink:

•••
You're finally catching on Brad.....what you fail to realize is there's a HUGE market for fake Rolex's, and who better to sell fake Rolex's than:xf.wink:
The very very important difference is that with domain names, people can get their own "fake rolex's" for the exact same price that you're paying for them. Why would they pay you a mark-up for your piece of crap when they can get their own piece of crap for the same $2 you paid?

•••
It's only an opinion if you don't define the context. I'm talking about them in terms of potential for sales compared to decent .com names. Lots of facts to back up that "opinion". But in the context of collecting them and showing them off (your approach), sure they're great.

Yes, it could... but it doesn't.
Joe and Brad....i just love all the attention you're drawing for .LINK. Considering that .LINK is no worse than .com, any publicity is a good thing. Thanks:xf.grin:
The very very important difference is that with domain names, people can get their own "fake rolex's" for the exact same price that you're paying for them. Why would they pay you a mark-up for your piece of crap when they can get their own piece of crap for the same $2 you paid?
First Joe....one man's "piece of crap" is another mans treasure:xf.wink: You have ZERO concept of risk vs. reward much less supply and demand. .LINK is a viable alternative solution to .com regardless of your rhetoric.

To show there are still some good 2 word .link domains available i was able to pick up; PreciousStones.link for 2.19, whereas Joe would most likely buy PreciousStones.com @ Huge Domains for $58, 085:xf.rolleyes: That's only because Joe's so much smarter than the rest of us.

Last edited:
•••
•••
It's a lot worse, who told you it's no worse than .com?
Why so sensitive MAD....that's just your opinion. Just ask 100 students which of these domains is worse:

TravelHere.link
or
TravelHere.com

FishHere.com
or
FishHere.link

DineHere.link
or
DineHere.com

EatHere.com
or
EatHere.link

SleepHere.link
or
SleepHere.com

Wait until they hear the world is running out of .com....no shit:xf.eek:

Even Joe and Brad admit there's really no difference :xf.wink: Face it MAD......LINK is starting to grow on you, else you wouldn't be hanging around.

•••
First Joe....one man's "piece of crap" is another mans treasure:xf.wink: You have ZERO concept of risk vs. reward much less supply and demand. .LINK is a viable alternative solution to .com regardless of your rhetoric.

To show there are still some good 2 word .link domains available i was able to pick up; PreciousStones.link for 2.19, whereas Joe would most likely buy PreciousStones.com @ Huge Domains for $58, 085:xf.rolleyes: That's only because Joe's so much smarter than the rest of us.
It's amusing that someone who is treating domain names like lottery tickets is giving sermons on risk vs. reward. Tell us about your successes with other new TLDs to back up these opinions on .link.

If I owned a thriving online jewelry or gem business, hell yes I would rather by PreciousStones.com. If I were starting my own business, sure I might pay a few bucks for the .link... for the .online... or the .shop. But if those lower tier extensions were already taken, I'd just register another cheap option that makes sense. Why? You said it yourself... because they all do the same thing, and if I'm buying a two word new TLD, my biggest priority is obviously spending as little as possible.

No need to resort to personal attacks, Rich. That's for small minds whose ideas can't stand up to debate. Don't be one of those people.

•••
Personally other than Com by a mile then , Net , Org , IO and XYZ I just don’t see much value unless it’s a killer single word. I respect your right to have a different view point but the average consumer doesn’t even know what a .link is they probably think it’s a type of hardware store.

•••
It's amusing that someone who is treating domain names like lottery tickets is giving sermons on risk vs. reward. Tell us about your successes with other new TLDs to back up these opinions on .link.

If I owned a thriving online jewelry or gem business, hell yes I would rather by PreciousStones.com. If I were starting my own business, sure I might pay a few bucks for the .link... for the .online... or the .shop. But if those lower tier extensions were already taken, I'd just register another cheap option that makes sense. Why? You said it yourself... because they all do the same thing, and if I'm buying a two word new TLD, my biggest priority is obviously spending as little as possible.

No need to resort to personal attacks, Rich. That's for small minds whose ideas can't stand up to debate. Don't be one of those people.
Joe....suggest you read Elliots Blog today where Jen Sale and i happen to think a whole lot alike. btw, no personal attacks when I talk about your lack of understanding about risk vs. reward or supply and demand....only the facts Joe, but sorry you took it personally. Not sure if you're a sailor, especially with your business BrandSail.com, but in case you're interested I just registered KeepSailing.xxxx, and i own others like KeepSurfing and KeepFishing all of which could make excellent brands like "Salt Life".....ever hear of it Joe?

Joe....i'm obviously not your traditional domainer nor do i care to be. When you finally realize that ".LINK is no worse than .COM", only then will you understand:unsure:

•••
Personally other than Com by a mile then , Net , Org , IO and XYZ I just don’t see much value unless it’s a killer single word. I respect your right to have a different view point but the average consumer doesn’t even know what a .link is they probably think it’s a type of hardware store.
That's where you're wrong Broth, "the average consumer" relates more to "link" in that's it's actually a "keyword" and "com", "org" "IO" and "XYZ" aren't even words:xf.rolleyes:

•••
That's where you're wrong Broth, "the average consumer" relates more to "link" in that's it's actually a "keyword" and "com", "org" "IO" and "XYZ" aren't even words:xf.rolleyes:

Isn't it about time you start making your pitch to end users?

Instead you waste time here pitching .link to other domain investors.

Isn't your mantra "make something happen"? So do it already.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Do you even know what a "users group" is or represents? How about $2.19? (speaking of wallet restraint):xf.wink:

If you don't know I'd suggest you learn, or at least be open minded enough to say that you don't know.

Here are a few more i'll be registering later today;

QHomes.link
QBoats.link
MyApology.link

in case you weren't aware the "Q" stands for quality as in "Quality Homes"

ps.
most of the really good single word .link domains have already been registered, but many two word domains are still available.
Hey @ThatNameGuy. Quick! Hurry! MHome.link and MBoat.link are still available.

In case you weren't aware the "M" stands for "My", as in "My Home" and "My Boat".

•••
Hey @ThatNameGuy. Quick! Hurry! MHome.link and MBoat.link are still available.

In case you weren't aware the "M" stands for "My", as in "My Home" and "My Boat".
Thanks Shackleton but I already own HomeSale(s).link and Yachting.link (both much better than what you propose) Note, when the (s) is in parenthesis it means i own the singular and plural version. Ever hear of Linkedin Shack :xf.wink:

•••
Wait until they hear the world is running out of .com....no shit:xf.eek:
They're not running out though. The number of registered .coms is declining.

Yes something is starting to grow and it needs some kind've air freshener and tough cleaner cause it's full of bs 😇😂.

This is all written in good humour btw, it's not that serious. I just don't think link is replacing anything.

Just ask 100 students which of these domains is worse:

I don't look to students for answers to anything. Students are possibly the least likely people on earth to know what a domain is. They're lazy, ignorant and looking for rubbish to waste money that they haven't even earnt yet... Maybe that's that your counting on??

Last edited:
•••
Isn't it about time you start making your pitch to end users?

Instead you waste time here pitching .link to other domain investors.

Isn't your mantra "make something happen"? So do it already.

Brad
Brad....you might say I'm in training while waiting for my new associate to arrive. I've been making chit happen all my life, and with a little help the sky's the limit. Brad, i was going to ask you on another thread, IF Linkedin were to endorse .LINK, might that make a difference in the way you feel about .link as a viable alternative to .com....just asking:unsure:

•••
IF Linkedin were to endorse .LINK, might that make a difference
They are called linkedin though and not a name that ends in link... So why would they endorse it and how?

•••

Yes something is starting to grow and it needs some kind've air freshener and tough cleaner cause it's full of bs 😇😂.

This is all written in good humour btw, it's not that serious. I just don't think link is replacing anything.
KeepGrowing(y)link......a lot like KeepSurfing™. Again, don't be so sensitive MAD.......Profitfrom.link
They are called linkedin though and not a name that ends in link... So why would they endorse it and how?
"why would they endorse it and how?"

1. Maybe because "link" is a "keyword" valued by Go Daddy @ $1,898
2. Maybe because a link in technical terms provides for a connection to a website etc.
3. Maybe because Linkedin is proud of their name as are their 810 Million members:xf.grin:
4. Maybe because .LINK is a viable alternative for .com
5. Maybe because it actually describes an action that links/connects two sources
6. Maybe because it adds both value and profit for each source:xf.wink:

With regards to the how? now that remains to be seen, but from past experience i render it DOABLE.link

•••

I don't look to students for answers to anything. Students are possibly the least likely people on earth to know what a domain is. They're lazy, ignorant and looking for rubbish to waste money that they haven't even earnt yet... Maybe that's that your counting on??
Oh contraire....i believe Mark Zuckerberg was a student when he founded Facebook, and Bill Gates when he started Microsoft :unsure:

•••
Also when you have to put parts of a domain name in bold it also bothers me.
From the horses mouth......

"Google's John Mueller confirms bolding important text in a paragraph can help your site's SEO as it allows Google to understand the content better. "

Rich uses these "promotional" threads in more way than one it seems........

Last edited:
•••
KeepGrowing(y)link......a lot like KeepSurfing™. Again, don't be so sensitive MAD.......Profitfrom.link

"why would they endorse it and how?"

1. Maybe because "link" is a "keyword" valued by Go Daddy @ $1,898
2. Maybe because a link in technical terms provides for a connection to a website etc.
3. Maybe because Linkedin is proud of their name as are their 810 Million members:xf.grin:
4. Maybe because .LINK is a viable alternative for .com
5. Maybe because it actually describes an action that links/connects two sources
6. Maybe because it adds both value and profit for each source:xf.wink:

With regards to the how? now that remains to be seen, but from past experience i render it DOABLE.link
And the domain name they would use is............? Linkedin.link? Sounds horrible!!

•••

"Google's John Mueller confirms bolding important text in a paragraph can help your site's SEO as it allows Google to understand the content better. "

Thanks for chiming in Nick....do you guys remember reading this:

Link in Bio

Perhaps the most significant opportunity for .link is to take advantage of the market for “link in bio” services. Users of many social media platforms use these services to link out to their online destinations: other social media pages, websites, etc.

It’s a big market. LinkTree, just one of many large competitors in the space, has 27 million users.

TechCrunch in an article about LinkTree’s latest funding round (valuing it at $1.3 billion), “Who would’ve thought that an entire swath of startups would spring up all because Instagram, TikTok and Twitter only let you link to one website in your bio?”

Users of these services end up with a subdomain or, worse, a subdirectory on the main domain of these services.

.Link would like to partner with link in bio services to let them offer second level .link domains instead. It also sees opportunity with link shorteners.

With .link sold exclusively through registrars, this could create an opportunity for the company’s registrars.

.Link also wants registrars to rethink the typical onboarding of customers. Today, the typical flow is that someone registers a domain to create a website. This involves a lot of work, even though website-building platforms have made it much easier in recent years. There’s a reason people decide to just create a Facebook page instead of a website.

What if registrars helped customers establish a simple web presence with a link in bio page?

“I think link in bio is going to be even bigger than websites as a whole, as a category,” Belousov said. “People thought everybody would have a blog. But instead, everybody has a Twitter account, right? Why? Because it’s way easier. And it’s kind of like a micro-level version of a blog. So the link in bio thing is, in my opinion, the same thing to websites as a Twitter account is to blogs.”

Liley pointed out that a link in bio account is a low-friction entry point for new customers. Registrars that onboard customers with a service like this could then upsell other products and services.

“In a nutshell, we would like to see .link become the de facto standard in anything link-related,” Liley said. “So that could be link in bio. It can be link shorteners and branded links.”

The company does not plan to offer competing services to link in bio and shorteners but instead to supply them with .link domains through registrars.

•••
•••
NO.....a "domain name" isn't needed for an endorsement:unsure:
Ahh yes, the old "we don't use this but you should so that you can copy our brand name minus 4 letters"...? Interesting concept

Last edited:
•••
Back