Dynadot

information .LINK binge progress

NameSilo
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Sorry to have to start another thread regarding .LINK, but i wasn't able to answer questions "if" there was a "link" of any kind in the text of the post/message I was responding to.

I was able to hand register slightly more than a thousand names with about 20 of them being "Premium" names that sold for $116 each, and one that I purchased for $478, the corresponding .com is valued at $8,800,000.

Since a host of individuals have confirmed that, ".LINK is no worse than .XYZ", I just knew .link was a good alternative to .com and a good rival for .xyz :xf.wink:

Curious anyone? Lets have some fun(y)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You better believe it Joe.....i just got me some Counseling.link:xf.wink: They want over a million dollars for counseling.com and counseling.xyz makes zero sense:xf.cool:
Extremely sound reasoning, Rich! You just keep following your gut and the gobs and gobs of cash from domaining will keep rolling in. At this point you must be taking Scrooge McDuck style baths in the mountains of cash you've accumulated from domains!

•••
Thank you for sharing. I agree with you. There may be a great potential opportunity of .link.
I don't have much infos about the new owner.
"He has also taken on a couple of investors. Jeff Gabriel, a domain broker and co-founder of Saw.com, is one of the new investors." This is a little like Warren Buffet investing in your company.....and the binge continues with binge.link. "binge" like link is also a keyword and has an average sales price of $2,263.

•••
"He has also taken on a couple of investors. Jeff Gabriel, a domain broker and co-founder of Saw.com, is one of the new investors." This is a little like Warren Buffet investing in your company.....and the binge continues with binge.link. "binge" like link is also a keyword and has an average sales price of $2,263.
Yes, some person investing in .LINK is exactly the same as Warren Buffet, the most famous investor of all time, investing in your company. :ROFL:

Let me know when Warren Buffet invests in .LINK.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
That all seems relevant to me. Well done Rich. I think you have another home run on your hands.
I must put in on record that I agree with you on this one.

May the best man win!!

•••
Yes, some person investing in .LINK is exactly the same as Warren Buffet, the most famous investor of all time, investing in your company. :ROFL:

Let me know when Warren Buffet invests in .LINK.

Brad
Brad...i'm so happy you follow me....it speaks volumes:xf.wink: Why do you suppose Jeff invested in .LINK?

•••
For $8.76 i binge purchased these .links today;

Bastard.link
Determined.link
Illumination.link
Marquee.link

Despite thinking I know what I'm doing, I KNOW i'm having FUN!

Thanks for sharing.
The first one though? Why

Last edited:
•••
The first one though? Why
Good question....i'm not sure why? However, after seeing Brand Bucket's Friday 4Sale email asking $180,000 for metaverge.com, i just registered;

metaverge.link ($2.19)
metamerge.link ($2.19)
metashare.link ($2.19)

That's because .LINK is no worse than .com:xf.wink:

•••
•••
I'm not seeing any good reasons for buying these names, but I wish you luck anyway
If you understood anything at all about "POTENTIAL" or Risk vs. Reward you might understand. My life has been enriched in so many ways because of my education.....and good luck to you too.

•••
If you understood anything at all about "POTENTIAL" or Risk vs. Reward you might understand. My life has been enriched in so many ways because of my education.....and good luck to you too.
I do understand those things, I've been in domaining long enough. Just don't waste your money on domains like bastard.link...

•••
here's what our friend and domain analyst Bob Hawke's had to say about .link;

"I had not heard until your post that the new owners of .link had been announced, finally. Good to hear one is a successful domain investor. In my view .link was by far the most valuable of the auctioned TLDs from the former Uniregistry. I hope the new owners will manage the TLD well."
Just to place this quote in context, I do think, as it says, .link was the best of the former Uniregistry TLDs that were auctioned, simply because it is so much broader in potential applications compared to say .hiphop or .Christmas, and and many of the other auctioned TLDs, and has wider use than .click which is most similar. I personally prefer the sound of .link to .click.

Please be sure to read correctly my quotation, from a private email, not an article or analysis: a comparison with the other recently auctioned TLDs. It was not some overall endorsement of .link in general.

I hold a few .link names (less than 20), I will continue to do so. I am not increasing my holdings in .link right now. If I notice a great combination without a premium price tag, it is not a big investment to try it for a year or two.

I am glad that apparently the new registry owner has domain expertise, and I do hope the TLD will do well. We will see.

I do like the sound of many expressions with .link. I see most obvious use as trade directories, reference sites, collaborations, travel-related resources, marketplaces, etc. The only .link I sold personally ended up for a game site, however.

Probably all the legal business over eth .link of late (owner not allowed to renew while in jail, allowed to expire and auction at huge price, then legal order to return domain, and now back in use as a redirection site for decentralized domain names on web) will make people notice the TLD, although not sure overall good publicity. The issue could have arisen with any TLD, just happened to be link, but general public may not see that.

I may at some point do an analysis of .link. I have not done so up to now, other than it is one TLD I look at in my annual check.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Just to place this quote in context, I do think, as it says, .link was the best of the former Uniregistry TLDs that were auctioned, simply because it is so much broader in potential applications compared to say .hiphop or .Christmas, and and many of the other auctioned TLDs, and has wider use than .click which is most similar. I personally prefer the sound of .link to .click.

Please be sure to read correctly my quotation, from a private email, not an article or analysis: a comparison with the other recently auctioned TLDs. It was not some overall endorsement of .link in general.
Yes, that is a pretty low bar.

Many, if not most, of the Uniregistry TLDs were niche like the ones Bob mentioned as well as .guitars, .tattoo, .blackfriday, etc.

Being the best of those is not some ringing endorsement.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I assumed you stated this publicly somewhere.

To use something that was said privately in an email as a public endorsement is kind of messed up.

Brad

•••
Hi
Thank You for clarifying that your private email was not an endorsement.
as the same quote, word for word, was posted 8/19 on another forum implying that you were.
additionally, you were mentioned in a post on 6/3, in which your name was used in association with this subject.

the real always exposes itself, so i waited until it manifested.

of course i know the deal, but those who half-read and don't or will not question... will consume and therefore assume.

imo...

•••

I hold a few .link names (less than 20), I will continue to do so. I am not increasing my holdings in .link right now. If I notice a great combination without a premium price tag, it is not a big investment to try it for a year or two.

I am glad that apparently the new registry owner has domain expertise, and I do hope the TLD will do well. We will see.

I do like the sound of many expressions with .link. I see most obvious use as trade directories, reference sites, collaborations, travel-related resources, marketplaces, etc. The only .link I sold personally ended up for a game site, however.

Probably all the legal business over eth .link of late (owner not allowed to renew while in jail, allowed to expire and auction at huge price, then legal order to return domain, and now back in use as a redirection site for decentralized domain names on web) will make people notice the TLD, although not sure overall good publicity. The issue could have arisen with any TLD, just happened to be link, but general public may not see that.

I may at some point do an analysis of .link. I have not done so up to now, other than it is one TLD I look at in my annual check.

Bob
Bob....i'll have to go back and check, but I don't recall this being from a "private email" you sent me? Was it from a private email you sent someone else? I thought it was an actual post or response of yours here on NP. It seems that somehow a few of my favorite people here on NP got the impression that I quoted this from a private email you sent me. Regardless, i quoted exactly what you said, and to the best of my knowledge didn't take anything out of context.

Sorry if you were somehow offended Bob, i certainly didn't mean to offend you for your positive comments about .LINK.

•••
I do understand those things, I've been in domaining long enough. Just don't waste your money on domains like bastard.link...
With regards to bastard.link, i really don't recall why i registered it? I was probably thinking about some bastard somewhere, but I honestly don't recall. From that same list i also registered the domain illumination.link, and i can be very specific as to why I registered it, not to mention that i paid just $2.19 for it.

•••
Hi
as the same quote, word for word, was posted 8/19 on another forum implying that you were.
additionally, you were mentioned in a post on 6/3, in which your name was used in association with this subject.

of course i know the deal, but those who half-read and don't or will not question... will consume and therefore assume.

imo...
You're so right Biggie...."the real always exposes itself":unsure:

•••
***My Apology***
Bob....i'll have to go back and check, but I don't recall this being from a "private email" you sent me? Was it from a private email you sent someone else? I
My sincere apology @ThatNameGuy - I should have checked more carefully. I had thought that it was from the email exchange we had when you related who the purchaser of .link was, but it was not from that email.

I wrote the paragraph you quoted in a public reply to you on NamePros on May 23
-- https://www.namepros.com/threads/binge-buying-and-link.1273937/post-8604847

I should have checked more carefully, and my sincere apology.

It does not change the fact that what I was saying in the quoted paragraph is that .link was, in my opinion, far better than the other auctioned former Uniregistry TLDs (.audio, .auto .blackfriday, .car, .cars, .christmas, .click, .diet, .flowers, .game, .gift, .guitars, .help,.hiphop, .hiv, .hosting, .juegos, .lol, .mom, .photo, .pics, .property, .sexy, and .tattoo) just because .link is potentially useable by a much larger pool of end users. Without checking all the others, I am pretty sure .link has more registrations and a larger aftermarket sales volume. So yes, I think it is the best of the auctioned TLDs.

In the comment linked above, to a rather long post in total, I did also provide a link to sales of .link domains, and point out that it's abuse rating was favourable.

Anyway, I mainly wanted to apologize to readers for being incorrect about the source of the quote, and to @TheNameGuy in particular. I'm sorry.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
***My Apology***

My sincere apology @ThatNameGuy - I should have checked more carefully. I had thought that it was from the email exchange we had when you related who the purchaser of .link was, but it was not from that email.

I wrote the paragraph you quoted in a public reply to you on NamePros on May 23
--

I should have checked more carefully, and my sincere apology.

It does not change the fact that what I was saying in the quoted paragraph is that .link was, in my opinion, far better than the other auctioned former Uniregistry TLDs (.audio, .auto .blackfriday, .car, .cars, .christmas, .click, .diet, .flowers, .game, .gift, .guitars, .help,.hiphop, .hiv, .hosting, .juegos, .lol, .mom, .photo, .pics, .property, .sexy, and .tattoo) just because .link is potentially useable by a much larger pool of end users. Without checking all the others, I am pretty sure .link has more registrations and a larger aftermarket sales volume. So yes, I think it is the best of the auctioned TLDs.

In the comment linked above, to a rather long post in total, I did also provide a link to sales of .link domains, and point out that it's abuse rating was favourable.

Anyway, I mainly wanted to apologize to readers for being incorrect about the source of the quote, and to @TheNameGuy in particular. I'm sorry.

Bob
Apology accepted Bob....we've been friends for a long time in domain years:xf.wink: I never got an apology from the likes of John Berryhill who falsely accused me of cyber-squatting five years ago. It was another "Richard Morris" from North Carolina, and not me, who was found guilty via a UDRP filing, but dd i ever get an aplolgy from Berryhill ? Come to think of it, that's why I may have registered the domain Bastard.link:xf.smile:

Thanks again Bob for all you do.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

imo...
So Biggie.....we all make mistakes. Just picked up Linkusers.link. Would you like to join? I think Biggie.link would qualify you for membership.....please think about it.

•••
I assumed you stated this publicly somewhere.

To use something that was said privately in an email as a public endorsement is kind of messed up.

Brad
OMG Brad....i guess we all make mistakes. Care to join the "Link Users Group"?

•••
•••
That wallet needs restraining. 😋
Do you even know what a "users group" is or represents? How about $2.19? (speaking of wallet restraint):xf.wink:

If you don't know I'd suggest you learn, or at least be open minded enough to say that you don't know.

Here are a few more i'll be registering later today;

QHomes.link
QBoats.link
MyApology.link

in case you weren't aware the "Q" stands for quality as in "Quality Homes"

ps.
most of the really good single word .link domains have already been registered, but many two word domains are still available.

•••
Do you even know what a "users group" is or represents? How about $2.19? (speaking of wallet restraint):xf.wink:

If you don't know I'd suggest you learn, or at least be open minded enough to say that you don't know.

Here are a few more i'll be registering later today;

QHomes.link
QBoats.link
MyApology.link

in case you weren't aware the "Q" stands for quality as in "Quality Homes"

ps.
most of the really good single word .link domains have already been registered, but many two word domains are still available.
When you have to explain what a domain means, it's a problem for me.

•••
When you have to explain what a domain means, it's a problem for me.
What do you mean? People love non-intuitive brands! They're super accessible and desirable.

We can all hash it out in the new user group which is definitely being created. When Rich says he's going to do something, he does it! No false starts here, just 100% pure follow-through.

•••
Back